Favorite "Special Person" in Film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Ok, I'm watching Forrest Gump and all of a sudden it hits me: Who was the best "special person" in film?

For me, my money is Billy Bob Thorton's character in Slingblade. He is awesome in that movie! I completely get into the character and forget its Billy Bob Thorton.

Then, of course, there are some others:

Forrest Gump
Rain Man
Sean Penn in I Am Am
Patty Duke when she played Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker
Warren from There's Something About Mary ( "Have you seen my baseball?")
The entire cast of Billy Madison
Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi in that movie The Other Sister

Ok, so who's your favorite "special person" in film? I named a bunch. Can you name anymore? Like I said, Billy Bob Thorton's "Carl" from Slingblade is my favorite special person. :applaud:

20080731_simple-jack.jpg

Haveyouseenmybaseball.jpg

I thought the movie was a bunch of cloying claptrap, and Sean Penn's performance really bugged me.

Nice soundtrack, though.

Agreed. Penn went full retarded in that one.

Yes, I Am Sam was way over-the-top, but the soundtrack was awesome and Dakota Fanning's performance was good.

Reminder: We prefer the term "special" instead of "retarded". I just got an e-mail from the PC police. :wink:

Adrien Brody in The Village was good scary.

Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys.... my favorite.

(and I'm not the biggest Brad fan but he was just great there.)

Actually, I think the term "special" is kind of patronizing. I'm certainly not implying you intended it that way, though, MrPryck, I'm sure you didn't. I believe what is considered PC at the moment (it seems to change frequently) is "developmentally disabled" or "intellectually disabled."

Back
Top Bottom