Fav TV Chat Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Well, of course it really is down to the host to make the show likeable, but so, anyhow, do you have one ultimate fav? Someone you just love to watch in how they banter with the audience and how they interview their guests?

Mine is (for now), Jonathan Ross Friday Night shows. I have watched many and I just love how he talks to his Guests. I mean, I know sometimes he can come across a bit bolloxy, or might fire some edge in (ask a question to Guest/s that may be a bit uncomfortable), but on the whole I find the show great.

:up:

You?

Btw, I used Search and nothing on this came up. :hmm::wink:

a Mad1 thread? I absolutely have to post in it. No question. It is my duty.

Jonathan Ross is awesome! He seems like a genuinely cool dude and he does have a good interviewing style. He's funny, too. He's had my Girls Aloud on his show a bunch of times (that's why I know him) and he always treats them really well. And he knows all their names!

As for American talk shows, I think Conan O'Brien and Dave Letterman are probably the best right now. They also seem to have the best musical guests. I don't know why that is.

Also I guess if you were to count The Daily Show and Colbert Report as talk shows well then those are great, too.

But Jonathan Ross is the best because he has had my girls on his show. The lucky bastard.

1. Conan O'Brien
2. Bill Maher
3. David Letterman
4. Jon Stewart
5. Craig Ferguson

special mention: re-runs of Dick Cavett on TMC

Real Time With Bill Maher. Yeah, it's a different kind of show - all politics. But it's great.

And then Daily Show/Colbert Report.

Right now, Graham Norton. I used to like Letterman and Conan, but haven't seen them in ages. Ferguson is pretty funny. Alan Thicke was awesome - though Majic may have been the best of all time - maybe.

I don't know if The Daily Show and The Colbert Report count, but I'm going with them.:up:

:love:

If they don't count...:grumpy:
I still like Letterman after all these years. Don't watch it regularly anymore - just depends on the guest or what else I got going on. Haven't seen Conan lately, but I do enjoy him. And I do enjoy some Bill Maher as well :up:

I can never decide if I like Letterman or not. Sometimers I hate it, mostly because of that idiotic Paul Shaeffer and that incessant play-twenty-seconds-of-music-after-certain-statements, and also because I don't get the jokes, the ones that I do aren't funny, the fact the intro goes for about ten minutes, all the waiting... but having said that I do watch it if I'm awake and can't sleep.

Back
Top Bottom