Farrah Fawcett in "Last Stages" of Cancer Battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
So sad.

"LOS ANGELES - Actress Farrah Fawcett is in the last stages of her battle against anal cancer, according to friends close to the star.

While doctors for the 62 year old actress have recently made public statements indicating her condition has not changed, Ryan O'Neal revealed that her "treatment" has "pretty much ended" and she stays in bed and is on IV's.

Celebrity website RadarOnline is reporting that the former "Charlie's Angels" star can drink only a little liquid and can't keep food down.

The website also reports that Fawcett's 91 year old father, James, is flying to Los Angeles to say goodbye to his daughter and that a priest has visited Fawcett's Malibu home in recent days.

Fawcett was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006. She was declared in remission on February 2 2007, but three months later scans showed "not only had it recurred, it metastasised to her liver", according to doctors.

Fawcett's son, Redmond, with actor and partner Ryan O'Neal is currently behind bars following his recent drug arrest. He was allowed to leave jail last month to visit his ailing mother whom he claimed weighed only 86 pounds.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore says O'Neal's family paid roughly $1,300 so that deputies could supervise the three-hour visit.

Fawcett was hospitalized in March suffering from internal bleeding. There had been reports that she was unconscious at the time.

Doctors said the illness was a complication from her medical treatment and was not directly related to her cancer battle.

Fawcett was discharged from the hospital on April 9th."

Horrible news.

I read something about this a week or two ago, and then it got removed from websites. Then the story re-appeared today. Very sad.

:sad: I'd wish her dignity and privacy for her last days, but that seems unlikely considering her celebrity. :(

How sad. I hope she lives out the rest of her days in peace and surrounded by loved ones. :(

So sad. I hope she passes peacefully with her family and loved ones by her side. How sad that her 91 year old father will out live his daughter. I enjoyed watching Farah's work through the years and the phenomenon that she was.

Did anyone watch her documentary tonight, chronicling her battle with cancer?

I saw the last hour and cried like a baby. So incredibly sad, I hope I never have to witness a loved one suffer through cancer :sad:

Such a very sad show. I have watched my father go through cancer, and it was almost reliving what he went through. It's a horrible disease, and I sure do hope that there will be a cure for it in my lifetime. It's been 10 years since my father passed away. I sure do miss him. :sad:

:hug: to all. I've been praying all along for Farah, She's sure been a fighter, I've got to give her credit for her incredible strength and for putting it all on tape as well. My :heart: goes out to her.

Back
Top Bottom