Local Time: 04:56 AM
ER - Final Season

OMG! This was me tonight

Who else watched?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:56 AM
I haven't watched yet, it's presently marinating on my DVR I was wondering if we'd have a farewell thread...I'm gonna go down with the ship this year

Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:56 AM
god that was depressing... I don't want to spoil it for anyone (although it's pretty obvious) but who else started laughing when they brought that giant "head shot" photo to the bar? Totally ruined the serious tone of that last scene...

Good to see Tony Hale getting work - as soon as I saw him I was all: "HEY BROTHER!"
Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

I used to be a hardcore ER fan, but lost interest after a bunch of the major characters left. I think the last time I watched it on a regular basis was when Carter was leaving for Africa. Now that it's ending, I'm curious about watching the final season.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Unfortunately it was opposite Grey's but I saw the big thing that happened I missed all of last season because it was opposite Lost or whatever it was-weren't there some episodes even with the strike?
Old 09-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

crys

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
god that was depressing... I don't want to spoil it for anyone (although it's pretty obvious) but who else started laughing when they brought that giant "head shot" photo to the bar? Totally ruined the serious tone of that last scene...

Good to see Tony Hale getting work - as soon as I saw him I was all: "HEY BROTHER!"

The head shot - yeah, a little weird
Never heard of Tony Hale.

Had no idea of the outcome of this episode (elfa will know what I mean). And in the previews about someone else (which I think is known that this person is leaving). But still... I've watched all 14 previous years, so... I was still cryin' like a baby last night.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Tony Hale = Buster from Arrested Development
Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #8
Refugee

I never liked Pratt very much, but yeah, I was crying.

I just want to know is Goran (Luka Kovach) gone for good?

Besides the eye-candy--it never really seemed like they used him/or his character very well.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

I think he is gone for good. If I remember correctly, he agreed to appear in a few episodes last season. And in the previews, you see that Abby is leaving, so
Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

I wonder if anyone of the original/old-school characters will make any appearances for the final season? Benton(Eriq La Salle)? Weaver(Laura Innes)? Carter(Noah Wylie - I'm pretty sure he'll be seen one more time)? Lewis(Sherry Stringfield)? Chen(Ming-Na)? Corday(Alex Kingston)? Hathaway(Julianna Margulies)? Or, dare I say, the biggest former star ER could hope to get back for one last time, Ross(George Clooney)?

My mom said she read something about Anthony Edwards coming back for an appearance, but I think she may have gotten a name mixed up, 'cause Dr. Greene, unfortunately, is dead. Although...we never saw him die, Corday just said he died in her letter, so...you know the old soap opera rule - no body, no death. Or maybe somebody would imagine him. But who - the ER is so different now that there's nobody left there who even knows who he was, unless Carter comes back.

Some kind of tribute should be paid to him. After all, when ER first started in 1994, the show was ABOUT him! The first episode was a day in the life of Mark Greene.

Three eras.

Greene
Benton
Ross
Carter
Lewis(although she came back for the second era after leaving)
Hathaway

Weaver
Kovac
Chen
Corday
Abby
Romano

Pratt
Gallant
Neela
Morris
Sam

Yeah they all overlap with each other and everything but it's still three distinct groups. And that third one pales. Pratt's the only convincing doctor there.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

when they showed the preview for the next episode they also had a preview for the season saying old characters were coming back - Carter and Greene were both shown - I'm not sure how they'll get around that whole "dead" thing
Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #12
New Yorker

so what happened? i missed it and I don't mind being spoiled? I used to watch hard core...but last few seasons , just sporatically...I sort of missed the whole Abby AA meetings etc...so I am not sure what happened with her and Kovac...oh and I heard also Greene will be back..I believe it will be in flashback mode
Old 09-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 09:56 PM
I used to lurve ER and cried like a fool when Dr Greene died
Since then I've been on and off about it but might make the effort to watch the last season.

I still think about Jeannie and Dr Anspaughs sonl whenever I hear Time of Your Life by Green Day.

Oh the memories

" a fan favourite draws their final breath"?? Who could it be???
Old 09-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #14
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 03:56 AM
I cried and cried last night, it was sad seeing Pratt go. I think that's just one of many episodes this season of saying good bye. They will drag it out losing characters and bringing some beloeved old ones back. I think it is going to be a good season and what a great way to fade off into the sunset!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I wonder if anyone of the original/old-school characters will make any appearances for the final season? Benton(Eriq La Salle)? Weaver(Laura Innes)? Carter(Noah Wylie - I'm pretty sure he'll be seen one more time)? Lewis(Sherry Stringfield)? Chen(Ming-Na)? Corday(Alex Kingston)? Hathaway(Julianna Margulies)? Or, dare I say, the biggest former star ER could hope to get back for one last time, Ross(George Clooney)?

My mom said she read something about Anthony Edwards coming back for an appearance, but I think she may have gotten a name mixed up, 'cause Dr. Greene, unfortunately, is dead. Although...we never saw him die, Corday just said he died in her letter, so...you know the old soap opera rule - no body, no death. Or maybe somebody would imagine him. But who - the ER is so different now that there's nobody left there who even knows who he was, unless Carter comes back.

Some kind of tribute should be paid to him. After all, when ER first started in 1994, the show was ABOUT him! The first episode was a day in the life of Mark Greene.

Three eras.

Greene
Benton
Ross
Carter
Lewis(although she came back for the second era after leaving)
Hathaway

Weaver
Kovac
Chen
Corday
Abby
Romano

Pratt
Gallant
Neela
Morris
Sam

Yeah they all overlap with each other and everything but it's still three distinct groups. And that third one pales. Pratt's the only convincing doctor there.
The third one pales a lot. Can't speak for everyone but the first group, well you liked them all (at least I did). That second bunch too (Corday in particular, mmm)...or if you didn't like them (Romano) at least they were strong/interesting characters. With that third bunch I've just never gotten "invested" in any of them (I liked Pratt and now this). Gates is cool, but the rest of them, meh.

Tags
er