ER - Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
OMG! This was me tonight
4_9_7.gif

Who else watched?

:sad:

I haven't watched yet, it's presently marinating on my DVR :) I was wondering if we'd have a farewell thread...I'm gonna go down with the ship this year :wink:

god that was depressing... I don't want to spoil it for anyone (although it's pretty obvious) but who else started laughing when they brought that giant "head shot" photo to the bar? Totally ruined the serious tone of that last scene...

Good to see Tony Hale getting work :love: - as soon as I saw him I was all: "HEY BROTHER!"

I used to be a hardcore ER fan, but lost interest after a bunch of the major characters left. I think the last time I watched it on a regular basis was when Carter was leaving for Africa. Now that it's ending, I'm curious about watching the final season. :hmm:

Unfortunately it was opposite Grey's but I saw the big thing that happened :sad: I missed all of last season because it was opposite Lost or whatever it was-weren't there some episodes even with the strike?

god that was depressing... I don't want to spoil it for anyone (although it's pretty obvious) but who else started laughing when they brought that giant "head shot" photo to the bar? Totally ruined the serious tone of that last scene...

Good to see Tony Hale getting work :love: - as soon as I saw him I was all: "HEY BROTHER!"

The head shot - yeah, a little weird :der:
Never heard of Tony Hale.

Had no idea of the outcome of this episode (elfa will know what I mean). And in the previews about someone else (which I think is known that this person is leaving). But still... I've watched all 14 previous years, so... I was still cryin' like a baby last night. :(

Last edited:
I never liked Pratt very much, but yeah, I was crying.

I just want to know is Goran (Luka Kovach) gone for good?

Besides the eye-candy--it never really seemed like they used him/or his character very well.

I think he is gone for good. If I remember correctly, he agreed to appear in a few episodes last season. And in the previews, you see that Abby is leaving, so :sad:

I wonder if anyone of the original/old-school characters will make any appearances for the final season? Benton(Eriq La Salle)? Weaver(Laura Innes)? Carter(Noah Wylie - I'm pretty sure he'll be seen one more time)? Lewis(Sherry Stringfield)? Chen(Ming-Na)? Corday(Alex Kingston)? Hathaway(Julianna Margulies)? Or, dare I say, the biggest former star ER could hope to get back for one last time, Ross(George Clooney)?

My mom said she read something about Anthony Edwards coming back for an appearance, but I think she may have gotten a name mixed up, 'cause Dr. Greene, unfortunately, is dead. Although...we never saw him die, Corday just said he died in her letter, so...you know the old soap opera rule - no body, no death. Or maybe somebody would imagine him. But who - the ER is so different now that there's nobody left there who even knows who he was, unless Carter comes back.

Some kind of tribute should be paid to him. After all, when ER first started in 1994, the show was ABOUT him! The first episode was a day in the life of Mark Greene.

Three eras.

Greene
Benton
Ross
Carter
Lewis(although she came back for the second era after leaving)
Hathaway

Weaver
Kovac
Chen
Corday
Abby
Romano

Pratt
Gallant
Neela
Morris
Sam

Yeah they all overlap with each other and everything but it's still three distinct groups. And that third one pales. Pratt's the only convincing doctor there.

when they showed the preview for the next episode they also had a preview for the season saying old characters were coming back - Carter and Greene were both shown - I'm not sure how they'll get around that whole "dead" thing :slant:

so what happened? i missed it and I don't mind being spoiled? I used to watch hard core...but last few seasons , just sporatically...I sort of missed the whole Abby AA meetings etc...so I am not sure what happened with her and Kovac...oh and I heard also Greene will be back..I believe it will be in flashback mode:shrug:

I used to lurve ER and cried like a fool when Dr Greene died :sad::sad:
Since then I've been on and off about it but might make the effort to watch the last season.

I still think about Jeannie and Dr Anspaughs sonl whenever I hear Time of Your Life by Green Day.

Oh the memories

" a fan favourite draws their final breath"?? Who could it be???

I cried and cried last night, it was sad seeing Pratt go. I think that's just one of many episodes this season of saying good bye. They will drag it out losing characters and bringing some beloeved old ones back. I think it is going to be a good season and what a great way to fade off into the sunset!

I wonder if anyone of the original/old-school characters will make any appearances for the final season? Benton(Eriq La Salle)? Weaver(Laura Innes)? Carter(Noah Wylie - I'm pretty sure he'll be seen one more time)? Lewis(Sherry Stringfield)? Chen(Ming-Na)? Corday(Alex Kingston)? Hathaway(Julianna Margulies)? Or, dare I say, the biggest former star ER could hope to get back for one last time, Ross(George Clooney)?

My mom said she read something about Anthony Edwards coming back for an appearance, but I think she may have gotten a name mixed up, 'cause Dr. Greene, unfortunately, is dead. Although...we never saw him die, Corday just said he died in her letter, so...you know the old soap opera rule - no body, no death. Or maybe somebody would imagine him. But who - the ER is so different now that there's nobody left there who even knows who he was, unless Carter comes back.

Some kind of tribute should be paid to him. After all, when ER first started in 1994, the show was ABOUT him! The first episode was a day in the life of Mark Greene.

Three eras.

Greene
Benton
Ross
Carter
Lewis(although she came back for the second era after leaving)
Hathaway

Weaver
Kovac
Chen
Corday
Abby
Romano

Pratt
Gallant
Neela
Morris
Sam

Yeah they all overlap with each other and everything but it's still three distinct groups. And that third one pales. Pratt's the only convincing doctor there.

The third one pales a lot. Can't speak for everyone but the first group, well you liked them all (at least I did). That second bunch too (Corday in particular, mmm)...or if you didn't like them (Romano) at least they were strong/interesting characters. With that third bunch I've just never gotten "invested" in any of them (I liked Pratt and now this). Gates is cool, but the rest of them, meh.

wow just finished watching..I cant believe how emotional I got that was so sad! I liked Pratt..did he die from the hemotoma that developed on his neck? That wasn't so clear to me. I am excited for this season, I've been watching since it started.. looks like it will be good can't wait to hear how they bring Dr. Greene back

I used to lurve ER and cried like a fool when Dr Greene died :sad::sad:
Since then I've been on and off about it but might make the effort to watch the last season.

I still think about Jeannie and Dr Anspaughs sonl whenever I hear Time of Your Life by Green Day.

Oh the memories

" a fan favourite draws their final breath"?? Who could it be???

Everytime I hear that Green Day song, I think of that ER episode as well :sad:
Yeah, cried for Dr. Greene, and for Pratt last night. Especially when Morris gave Pratt's girlfriend the engagement ring :sad:

And for Daddy... there was an explosion in an ambulance next to the hospital at the end of last season. And at the end of last season, there were two possibilities of who was gonna go along in the ambulance - Pratt or Abby (I think). Pratt was in the front passenger seat when the bomb in the ambulance exploded (Abby was on the sidewalk. Broke her wrist and maybe slightly bruised leg/foot, I think). Pratt was taken to the ER where he was trying to assess himself the whole time (while on a gurney/in the ER). Then this giant thing in his neck appeared (internally) and was growing bleeding and they had to try & take care of that, and it was downhill from there. He was an organ donor, so at least 3 people were gonna benefit from his organs.

The head shot - yeah, a little weird :der:
Never heard of Tony Hale.

Had no idea of the outcome of this episode (elfa will know what I mean). And in the previews about someone else (which I think is known that this person is leaving). But still... I've watched all 14 previous years, so... I was still cryin' like a baby last night. :(

i cried like a baby too... :sad:

and why do they have to do this in the very first show of the new season, couldn't they at least drag it out a bit..:mad:

i know it is the final season and all but I wasn't ready for that so soon.

when they showed the preview for the next episode they also had a preview for the season saying old characters were coming back - Carter and Greene were both shown - I'm not sure how they'll get around that whole "dead" thing :slant:

yeah dr. greene has to be some sort of flashback scene... or someone seeing him in a dream or something along those lines..

But who will be having that dream or flashback? There's nobody left that actually knew Dr. Greene enough to have a dream or a flashback about him now. I think it will necessitate someone else coming back. And I think the most likely candidate there is Carter.

And I also think that the ER producers should at least give it a try and give Clooney's agent a call to float the idea of one last Dr. Ross appearance. Maybe Clooney says no, but I think they at least have to ask. It would be a big ratings draw.

If Dr. Ross were to come back, then I would hope his significant other Nurse Hathaway would come too :)

Dream Sequence/flashback FTW!

:madwife: damn you.
I tried to look up the new season teasers on youtube but thought I'd watch this first. YouTube - ER - The news of Dr. Greene's Death

now I'm in floods of tears :sad::sad:

:scream: why did i watch it? why why why? :sad:

be v interested to see how they wrap the final season - although will have to record it cuz stupid programmers here scheduled the last season at midnight - :angry: . . . .

And for Daddy... there was an explosion in an ambulance next to the hospital at the end of last season. And at the end of last season, there were two possibilities of who was gonna go along in the ambulance - Pratt or Abby (I think). Pratt was in the front passenger seat when the bomb in the ambulance exploded (Abby was on the sidewalk. Broke her wrist and maybe slightly bruised leg/foot, I think). Pratt was taken to the ER where he was trying to assess himself the whole time (while on a gurney/in the ER). Then this giant thing in his neck appeared (internally) and was growing bleeding and they had to try & take care of that, and it was downhill from there. He was an organ donor, so at least 3 people were gonna benefit from his organs.

:bow: thank you thank you!

But who will be having that dream or flashback? There's nobody left that actually knew Dr. Greene enough to have a dream or a flashback about him now. I think it will necessitate someone else coming back. And I think the most likely candidate there is Carter.

And I also think that the ER producers should at least give it a try and give Clooney's agent a call to float the idea of one last Dr. Ross appearance. Maybe Clooney says no, but I think they at least have to ask. It would be a big ratings draw.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom