ER - Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No surprise guests last night, but a cute episode with the kids. One more to go. :sad:

I am so sad. I have seen every single episode of ER (thanks to bittorrent and a desire to see the early ones, which are much better than the later ones). I have been sobbing with all the returns of originals. The Carter kidney coming from Doug Ross/Carol Hathoway's new hospital was a bit cheesy, but still. So sad.

On the other hand it's been dragging for a while and it's time for it to go. They're just giving it a very good send off.

Early on Archie was portrayed as kind of dolt-ish. I couldn't believe he was supposed to be a doctor. Luckily they turned him into a good doctor. I enjoyed last night's episode, and will probably need the box of Kleenex for next week's finale (which I believe airs at 8:00pm. - 2hours?)

Early on Archie was portrayed as kind of dolt-ish.

:yes: He was supposed to be fired by Romano when he was caught smoking pot during his break, but Romano died literally 2 seconds later. I really like Archie, but I'm not liking this engagement storyline so late in the game. :huh:

The previews for next week look horrendous.

Spoiler on it below:

So apparently there's gonna be some sort of award ceremony? They showed Carter in a suit and I guess Ross and Hathaway make it back to NY with Weaver telling Carter thank you. Maybe he donated the rest of his money to the hospital, or something to do with the condition he had. That's all I can think of anyway.

It just seems strange to me that they wouldn't be building a finale storyline with these last two episodes. This last episode was better than the Neela dramafest two weeks ago. I really wanted to fast forward, but I made a promise to myself to watch every episode this season. Thursday's episode was typical ER post-Mark stuff that I really didn't care for. Drama happens in the ER, not outside it. :rolleyes:

Spoilers above ^^

Interesting spoiler. I am so sad every time I see the ad for the last ER episode in ER history on TV. Sniff Sniff.....I am also surprised that there's not been more of a dramatic and emotional build up to the Final show.

*Spoiler Comment*

I'm guessing Carter donates money or something to have a wing or building or hospital named after his family or to someone special to all of them (Green?).

*End spoiler comment* :)

I believe he donated money to build a wing in honor of his baby that died before it was born. I think they showed him looking at the name plate on the first episode he was in this season. I could be wrong though.

There was a whole article (which I've yet to read) on the series in the L.A. Times Calendar section yesterday. Google is your friend :)

I was gonna bake a finale cake but my ideas are always a bit much, as my friends have told me.
I was going to make it in the shape of a torso, arms and head and use red velvet for the inside and dye the frosting to a fleshy color for the outside. Like Operation! Man it would be good if I could put a fake heart in there and pull it out during a commercial break. :drool:

^ That would be brilliant. Please do it, and PLEASE post a pic of it if you do.

I really wish I could, but I have no idea how to shape the cake into a body! I was trying to think of innovative ways to bake it, but once you cut the cake it's impossible to frost it with regular frosting.

I gotta come up with something. :hmm:

Ace Of Cakes - see if there's any ideas there! You'll need some fondant - maybe that will make it easier to frost :) Can't wait to see it - get baking now, wouldja! And bring some over. I'll be watching it all alone here with tissues at hand. :(

Oh, here's something I found...
male_baking_form.gif

or

http://cakesignoria.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/im0026191.jpg

Yeah, go with a big frosty pic of Greene...then eat his tumor ewww.

img3053m.jpg

Injecting the heart area with red velvet batter. We haven't told my friend who I'm gonna make cut into it. I hope it erupts like a molten lava cake and he gets freaked out. It really doesn't look like blood!

img3055.jpg

I decided to bake a regular pan and then cut off two long slices from the bottom to make the arms.

img3056j.jpg

Basic torso, a little wide, but that doesn't matter.

img3058bsb.jpg

As an extra surprise, I found some laffy taffy candy leftover from Halloween and stuff it into the head after shaping it into a brain. I pity the fool that eats the head!

img3062.jpg

Flesh colored icing. Thank you, primary colors!

img3066a.jpg

Finished!

img3068r.jpg

Details!

img3069j.jpg

My friend said I purposely made it look like Noah Wyle.

img3073hhp.jpg

On the OR table!

I'm wearing my scrubs in honor of tonight. Okay, back to the retrospective episode!

That's FANtastic TigerEdge! :applaud:

About 90 minutes til the retrospective here. I am taping that and the show, just in case.

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom