Empire of the Sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moser

Refugee
Wow, what a hidden gem.

I've only seen five minutes of this movie when I was very young, but I watched it in its entirety last night. I regret waiting so long to see this.

From the opening and to the end with the song Suo Gan I don't think I blinked. It totally reminds me what it was like being a young boy and growing up.

Christian Bale played his part so well....it's hard to imagine a young actor performing so well. John Malkovich played the cool American perfectly, and Ben Stiller looked like an Italian teenager in puberty.

I want to say it is the best of Spielberg's epics, but Spielberg has so many.

A very high quality movie.....void of all the cheezy 3D effects we see nowadays.

Definitely Spielberg's best attempt at channeling David Lean. One of my favorite of his, too.

Hard to believe it was Bale's first film.

:cute:
christianbale.jpg

This board seems to have some strange fetish for this movie. I swear it comes up in conversation and threads almost as much as Star Wars.

You guys are clearly trying to peg me as some sort of darned pedophile, but I maintain my stance that I save my swooning for adult Bale. Not even Newsies counts.

I blame Newsies and Swing Kids for his lost innocence. No one should have to go through such horrors.

This board seems to have some strange fetish for this movie. I swear it comes up in conversation and threads almost as much as Star Wars.

Well in that case, its my kind of fetish. I love this movie, and always try to turn new people onto it, of course now that Bale is really famous it has to automatically be connected with Batman.

Did you catch Ben Stiller as the young brown tooth pilot in his 15 second role in the film? He's the one who first says " Hey kid, you want a Hershey bar"?

Back
Top Bottom