Emmy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How the hell is Louie in the Comedy sections? It hasn't been funny all season!

Ha, good question. Maybe they need a Bizarro category or something.

I like the show a lot, it's just ... weird. I did prefer it when it was more "funny" as opposed to this weird darkness, but I still do like it.

Ha, good question. Maybe they need a Bizarro category or something.

I like the show a lot, it's just ... weird. I did prefer it when it was more "funny" as opposed to this weird darkness, but I still do like it.

A good category for Louie would be Best Uncomfortable and Socially Awkward Situations. :wink:

I have mixed feelings on the direction of the show. I prefer my Louie funny, with a touch of darkness. The past few cups have been pretty damn dark with a touch of funny. I'm sure it's all part of a bigger picture, though. He's expanding his personal repertoire both range- wise and scene style wise. How many shows do you see with scenes of 10 minutes or more without a cut?

Cranston is up against McConaughey, not a lock by any means.

Poor, poor Jon Hamm. The split season has truly screwed him over.

There should be a new group of categories for dramadies. OITNB, Shameless, Louie, Girls and more have little in common with sitcoms. Premium serialized dramas are fine to compete against networks.

Sad to see nothing for Hannibal, Review or Enlightened, when the usual suspects of BBT, Modern Family and coasting movie stars are practically seeds at this point.

But yay Treme!

That Spacey pretty much isn't even in the discussion for best actor, let alone win, just goes to show how amazing that category is this year.

Part of me thinks everyone will split the vote and it'll end up going to T Bone Burnett /u2grammyhumor

Late to the party - I agree with corianderstem that Tatiana Maslany was robbed. The show didn't even get a nomination, did it? I just recently finished binging on Orphan Black. #wherestheclonelove

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Appearance of dominance as opposed to actual dominance? :wink:

I dunno, I'm still going with it looking embarrassing in my eyes to lose in almost every category except title effects and makeup!

(Exaggeration, they did win Cinematography and Casting, which they well should have)

Hopefully Tatiana Maslany will finally win her long overdue Emmy Award for Lead Actress in a Drama this year.

Attachments

• ClaGl1EXIAAv4as.jpg
    ClaGl1EXIAAv4as.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 5
  • ClaGl_lWAAQECKj.jpg
    ClaGl_lWAAQECKj.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm kinda miffed that Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore didn't get "lead actress/actor drama" nominations for this year's Emmys. "Bates Motel" deserves some love, and those two were brilliant this past season.

At least Viola Davis and Felicity Huffman (and "American Crime") got nominated, so yay for that.

Shame that Horace and Pete was completely overlooked, but about time that Tatiana Maslany and The Americans (including Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys) get some love. The Americans just had its best season too.

They went overkill on Game of Thrones.

Horace & Pete didn't have a prayer given all the money that's supposed to be spent on entering the categories and advertising the potential nominees ("For Your Consideration") etc. All of that would have had to come out of Louie's pocket. It also doesn't helped that it was watched by a scant amount of purchasers and piraters whereas these Netflix shows are instantly beamed into the homes of like 100,000,000 people overnight.

Game of Thrones had their first real drop in-quality and we all know why. It's a shame that it will likely win again due to rubber-stamping. Speaking of that, can't wait for shows like Downton Abbey and Homeland to finally get out of the way soon (obviously, the former will at least).

Still will never understand Veep. It's just an un-funnier version of The Thick Of It with the wordplay and insults dished out at a slower pace.

Pretty sure Maslany was nominated last year as well, but we all know she should have been winning that award from Day One.

I'm kinda miffed that Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore didn't get "lead actress/actor drama" nominations for this year's Emmys. "Bates Motel" deserves some love, and those two were brilliant this past season.

Yeah, but in era with like 100 noteworthy dramas, it's understanding that so many good-to-very-good ones are going to be shut out (along with some great ones). That super long list of Emmy nominations is well worth reading front-to-back and even then you'll realized that they've only scratched the surface. There's an ungodly amount of great television at the moment, too much for anybody to see. Huge contrast to ten years ago when you could count the dramas worth watching on one hand.

This is true. I actually haven't seen a good portion of the shows/actors' work that are on the list, myself, but I have heard plenty of good things about all of them, so yeah. Tough race indeed, for sure.

Meant to say earlier that John Oliver being up for an Emmy is cool news, too :).

:angry: nuthin' for the incredible ensemble cast, writers or directors of the extraordinary, visionary show that recently finished its series final (5th) season -
Person of Interest.
This show will get its true kudos as more and more people discover it in syndication and maybe seen beyond its streaming on Netfix .

:lol: That's network television, silly. That stuff is no longer is eligible for the Emmys. :up:

Make way for the youth because we know art. More Americans and less Beverly Hillbillies.

The greatest generation.

To you, sure. The general reaction by audiences and critics was that it was their worst season.

I saw some gripes that The Good Wife & Julianna Marguiles were snubbed for the show's final season, but it was a pretty big drop in quality from its heyday, so I'm glad it didn't get nominated.

Thrilled to see Catastrophe and Master of None get noms.

Metacritic...which compiles reviews and "scores" that were written after critics watched only the season premiere episode? Yeah, no thanks. That doesn't mean fucking shit.

Yeah I've got to agree that this season was much better than last year for GoT. The Emmys did go a bit overboard with the nominations but let's see how many it actually wins.

Back
Top Bottom