Edward Norton - Love him or hate him?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love him. I recently dug up American History X and rewatched it. He is just amazing in that film.
He's also really good in Fight Club.
Other than those two, I've only seen him in Red Dragon, The People vs Larry Flynt and Keeping the faith... I wish I could erase the last one from my memory.

yimou said:

American History X has the worst "kill" scene ever in a movie and i think you all know what i mean.

Yes.

Great acting in History X, as well as Fight Club (the funniest self-fight scene I've ever seen) and Primal Fear. Holds up well against legends De Niro and Brando in Score. Also saw him in Keeping the faith. One of my favorite actors in the 30-40 years of age category.

Last edited:
American History X is one of the single greatest and most profound movies I have EVER seen. Incredible story, incredible acting, incredible everything.

no doubt about that. super dislikable character to the core but amazingly performed, I have never liked him until I watch him on 'Keeping The Faith' with Ben Stiller. another great movie.

What kind of sick thread title is this? There are people who hate Edward Norton? :huh:

I think he's amazing of course. loved him in THE HULK - yes I enjoy superhero movies, to a great degree

his favourite role of mine would be in Fight Club of course

Yeah, pretty good. Don't get the extreme praise, however. He's never really stood out for me as truly great like many actors do.

I like him a lot. Thought he was perfect for the Illusionist, actually.

Definitely. He's consistently great, but I wouldn't put him in that upper echelon of actors though. If he had another role as awesome as that or American History X and Fight Club, then I may have to reconsider.

Last edited:
He's ok. Never been too big of a fan, really. Like AB, the role of his that stands out the most is definitely Fight Club. Although Pitt stole most of the scenes in that movie anyway.

dont love him at all.

I mean, okay, American History/Fight Club was prob one of his best two, but then watch Down in the Valley (who could have been played by a younger actor who seems that bit deranged) or even old one Keeping the Faith.

dunno. no love there man.

I enjoy Edward Norton as an actor; I've seen him in Red Dragon (one of my faves), Fight Club, American History X, and The Hulk to name a few.

I've heard he can be a bit of a douchebag on the set though... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom