Doctor Who and Torchwood - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #91
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 07:35 AM
So Amy Pond = Win. I'm liking the new series so far. Think Matt Smith is doing a fine job, slipped right into the role.

I'm looking forward to Moffat's Big Picture. I'm wondering if The Doctor is going to take on some messianic sort of Legend, complete with prophets leaving signs of his presence (like the glass of water from the Beast Below.) Probably not...

I'm real excited for this season. River Song, Weeping Angles, more Daleks. w00t. Love this show.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #92
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:35 AM
I've been DL'ing the episodes so far, and very good for the most part. Karen Gillan keeps getting better, already up there with the best companions EVER, easily the best of the DW Mark 2 lot.

The Daleks episode was the weakest so far, and the first half of the Moffat 2-parter with River Song was very good, but nowhere near the greatness of some of his others.
Gonna be hard to top Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. But Alex Kingston as River is SO good, I can't get enough of her.

My only complaint with Matt Smith remains that he's a bit too similar to Tennant for me, and I would have preferred a more drastic personality change, but he's very likable.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life

The new series is very enjoyable, so far.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I am very excited for the Weeping Angels tonight. Wish BBC America wasn't weeks behind though...
Old 05-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier

Thank the maker for torrents.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #96
Refugee

Local Time: 12:35 PM
I stumbled upon "Blink" this summer and it was LOVE at first sight! Not yet finished with Ten, and I don't want tooo but from all the positive comments I've heard/read about 11, it's going to be good I'm sure!

But Ten with his beige & red Converse, brown pinstripe suit, specs and ALLONS-Y!, will remain MY Doctor!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier

The Brigadier has joined the big U.N.I.T. up in the sky.

He will be missed.

The Doctor Who News Page: Nicholas Courtney 1929-2011
Old 03-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Oh wow I just caught the S5 premiere and I'm very impressed. Moffat has a hell of a way with imagery- after Pond ran out of the 6th room in her house, somehow seeing just the Man and his Dog there was even more disconcerting/scary than the CGI tentacle. Reminds me a lot of the simplicity behind the Angels.

The "Imma Doctor, bitch. Run!" end felt a little pat but the rest of the episode was well-done enough to earn that.

Karen Gillan
Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #99
I Serve Larry's Stick

I'll be starting in on the rest of DW season five in the next few days. I really do need more Captain Jack in my life soon, though.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The shots of the elderly zombies waving random garden equipment around, slowly moseying across the field were fantastic.

Moffat's doing a fantastic job script-wise and artistically making the show look higher budget then it really is.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Rory would die trying to help a situation the Doctor already had covered.

Also, this is spoilered because I'm checking episode by episode reviews in the AV Club, and in the show summary they show the first few sentences of each review, and the FIRST FUCKING SENTENCE FOR THIS EP SAID RORY DIED. FUCK YOU. I wouldn't have minded if I had found out by people referring to it in this thread after the UK air date, but I was really trying on that site to avoid it.

Of course I'm now vaguely aware that Rory returns (?) at some point, so no one should be worried about referring to it if he does do so.

The Hungry Earth two parter left me feeling cold, following people whose motivations I couldn't really understand or relate to. Why on earth did the Indian woman follow the Doctor down? What possible value could she add to the process? And then Ambrose stands around for awhile doing her best WAAAAAALT? WAAAAAAAAALT? THEY TOOK MY BOY.

I understand Rory's role is sort of a Joe Average getting walloped by his fiancee being introduced to a hot time traveler so he doesn't need to be heroic, but a little less being wimpy or having blank stares maybe? A few more inside jokes between he and Amy? Maybe that's part of the characterization, though. Rory wanted to jump into the first serious relationship he had, and Amy was terrified/insecure that she didn't have a reputable job/security*, so that's how the wedding came together. Not suggesting they aren't right- I do like the "lovers meeting at the wrong time in their lives" theme of the dream episode- but the wedding most definitely is a poor idea.

But the particular twist on the ending was absolutely killer and probably was worth an extra letter or two if I were grading. I don't think I've been that upset by a smile before.

*The scene where Adult Amy and the Doctor met in The 11th Hour is wonderful. I love the symbolism of her fake outfit.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:35 AM
Wait for The Pandorica Opens/Big Bang II.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:36 AM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I've got those two torrented but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start/finish it off. What's the relation of the Christmas episode to the series? It's a canon thing, I hope.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier

Not a big Rory fan. It shows a lack of respect for Karen Gillan IMO, like she isn't enough on her own. And in my opinion she may be the best companion since Sarah Jane Smith. She's super hot and has perfect comic timing, and as the season wore on she showed she's capable of the dramatic stuff as well.

The Hungry Earth was not one of the high points of last season. That's okay because the finale is the best one since DW was rebooted. SO GOOD.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Not a big Rory fan. It shows a lack of respect for Karen Gillan IMO, like she isn't enough on her own. And in my opinion she may be the best companion since Sarah Jane Smith. She's super hot and has perfect comic timing, and as the season wore on she showed she's capable of the dramatic stuff as well.

The Hungry Earth was not one of the high points of last season. That's okay because the finale is the best one since DW was rebooted. SO GOOD.
I'm just about to start, and you guys have got me seriously pumped.

Tags
doctor who, torchwood