Doctor Who and Torchwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Extremely strong finish to the season, which started off great with The Pilot, struggled after that, but really found its footing in the back half.

I've always had a problem, with Gomez's performance, I really didn't find her funny. But she reeled it in on the finale and did a great job with the dramatic stuff.

Some of you may be wondering why
they had to say goodbye to Bill as well as Nardole at the end of this season, when usually a companion carries over with the new Doctor, but keep in mind that Steven Moffat is stepping down as showrunner after the Xmas special, and so it's usually customary for that person to get a clean slate (Donna finished with David Tennant's Doctor when Moffat took over, and he introduced Matt Smith as well as Amy Pond in the same season premiere.

Missy got on my nerves a lot, but I think she was more toned down this season. She's like Jack Sparrow, better in small doses. Bill was a pretty good companion and I liked her more than a lot of the others. This season seemed to go by really fast and I had to watch it on shady, back-alley web sites in poor quality, so I don't think I got as much out of it as I could have if it was on Netflix again. :(

I'm very interested to see where Chris Chibnall takes this show, especially after watching Broadchurch (which is totally different from Doctor Who, but still).

Last edited:
I still haven't caught up with Broadchurch but I enjoyed Torchwood more than most people.

I'm holding out hope that Chibnall finally brings back Captain Jack. It really bothered me that Moffat never did in his entire run.

I think we need a new nemesis to shake things up. The Master is great and all but time to move on. Same goes for the Cybermen and even the Daleks tbh. I dont mind seeing them return somwhere down the line but it just seems like one or the other is bound to show up every season. I'm hoping for something new.

Back
Top Bottom