Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:38 AM
ack.. nevermind.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #332
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:38 AM
I thought it was a good season overall, just with a suspiciously slow beginning and a disappointing final episode, but I thought the rest was great.

I think the worst season was the one with Jimmy Smits. Was that 2?

Old 12-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #333
I hate this place

Local Time: 04:38 AM
jimmy smits was season 3 (2008)

good read on the finale: 'Dexter' executive producer discusses the fifth-season finale's heartbreak and healing | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
Old 12-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #334
Blue Crack Distributor

What was the story in season 2? Was that the season Doakes (sp?) suspected Dexter and got himself all dead in the end?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #335
I hate this place

yep

that was the year they found all of dexter's bodies in the ocean and lundy came in

it was also the season that gave us crazy lila
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #336
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Well I liked all the seasons.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #337
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 06:38 AM
I liked the end. There has to be some reason for Deb to give Dexter a pass for helping Lumen...and sure as shit she knows Dexter was in that room. She also knows that he affected the release of Quinn. But she also knows that it was just, because Quinn didn't kill Liddy. So she reconciles that Quinn walks, as she's pretty sure inside he didn't kill Liddy, and she's ok with Dexter killing or at least being involved in killing Jordan and the others, because they deserved to die. They made sure we saw her watching the videos yet again and the shots as she walked through that cellar to where Jordan lay dead were very intentionally shot to get us in her frame of mind ie the whole justice is done thing. Lumen played her part very well, I could feel the killer in her released after Jordan's death, I knew she wouldn't be sticking around, and of course the main theme of Dexter never being able to find lasting love is continued. All in all I liked this season alot.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #338
I hate this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Well I liked all the seasons.

ME TOO!

but if i had to rank them, this one would probably be at the bottom
Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #339
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, I didn't dislike any of the seasons, just that the one with Smits wasn't as good as the others.

I was thinking more about Deb - if she does know, damn, she's awfully calm about it. If she knows or even suspects her beloved brother is killing folks (even if they deserve it), I would expect more indication of horror or even shock. Or being numb with the realization.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with it next year.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #340
I hate this place

Quote:
I liked the end. There has to be some reason for Deb to give Dexter a pass for helping Lumen...and sure as shit she knows Dexter was in that room. She also knows that he affected the release of Quinn. But she also knows that it was just, because Quinn didn't kill Liddy. So she reconciles that Quinn walks, as she's pretty sure inside he didn't kill Liddy, and she's ok with Dexter killing or at least being involved in killing Jordan and the others, because they deserved to die. They made sure we saw her watching the videos yet again and the shots as she walked through that cellar to where Jordan lay dead were very intentionally shot to get us in her frame of mind ie the whole justice is done thing. Lumen played her part very well, I could feel the killer in her released after Jordan's death, I knew she wouldn't be sticking around, and of course the main theme of Dexter never being able to find lasting love is continued. All in all I liked this season alot.
not sure how many times this season deb saw lumen (once?, twice?). had deb noticed a slight resemblance between lumen and the first 12, even giving her an up-and-down look with a curious eye, that maybe could have started deb to focus on those two. deb didn't know who was behind the curtain

the blood cleared quinn, that's all deb knows. there's no way either quinn or dexter is going to say anything to her about it. can't really see quinn trying to dig up dexter's secrets again next season

i just can't see a day where any of the regular characters find out about dexter. that's not what this show is about.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #341
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I'm not so convinced that Deb knows.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #342
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
I'm not so convinced that Deb knows.
me either.

and I agree with Cori, I think if Deb knew she would be more emotional about it, stronger reaction.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRay9911 View Post
not sure how many times this season deb saw lumen (once?, twice?). had deb noticed a slight resemblance between lumen and the first 12, even giving her an up-and-down look with a curious eye, that maybe could have started deb to focus on those two. deb didn't know who was behind the curtain

the blood cleared quinn, that's all deb knows. there's no way either quinn or dexter is going to say anything to her about it. can't really see quinn trying to dig up dexter's secrets again next season

i just can't see a day where any of the regular characters find out about dexter. that's not what this show is about.
yep.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #344
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah they definitely left that to be the big does she or doesn't she? But it's also been very apparent from day one that Deb is SMART! Everyone there knows she's probably one of the smartest detectives there. It's almost like it would be asking a lot for us to believe she couldn't figure this one out.

Also, there is:

"I don't know, maybe Deb has a blind spot when it comes to me."
Old 12-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #345
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Deb doesn't need to know Lumen to know that Dexter was there. She said she knew Lumen in terms of "I know that you're a victim of this gang and you're taking your revenge". So there need be no earlier hints of an extra look up and down when she meets Lumen, it doesn't matter who Lumen is really.

But it's funny that you mention earlier hints like that being necessary..I mean, in Dexter's case we've been given alot of very strong hints, especially in this final episode, that she knows that Dexter is somehow a part of all this. She outright said "I know who you are" to Dexter because she said in previous episodes she thought the vigilante/victim was being helped by a cop or someone close to law enforcement. I believe she now suspects Dexter was involved, she's putting together all these clues including the fact that Liddy was killed perhaps while staking out someone on behalf of Quinn and Quinn was suspended by LaGuerta for having Dexter under suspicion...and she's giving him a pass because he clears Quinn, knowing that Quinn truly did not kill Liddy. There's no other reason for her to let it slide so easily or, as others point out, be less emotional about it, UNLESS she loves Quinn so much that she sees that as a fair trade. I think her knowing that it is Dexter lends way more credibility to having us believe she'd walk away from that scene than her not knowing. If she doesn't know that it's Dexter, why is she letting it happen? She can let it happen for the unknown female victim/vigilante's sake, maybe, but her cop morals are wayyy to strong to let a cop (or someone close to cops) walk...UNLESS..unless, she thinks it's Dexter. Then she has reason to do what she did.

This show is about the main characters, Dexter and Deb, stepping outside what they hold as beliefs to do something on behalf of or for someone they want - almost desperately - to love. To think that Deb wasn't smart enough to get the unspoken messages between her and Dexter just before he tests Quinn's shoe or to think that she isn't a conflicted enough character to allow herself to be in a situation that I've described...well I think that's missing alot of the obviously intended direction of the writing...IMO!!

ETA: did anyone else notice the following hole in the final episode? In the sneak peek the week before, there is a quick shot of the surveillance footage Liddy took of Dexter and Lumen in Dexter's apartment practicing the next kill. It's mixed in right after the shot of the cops at the Liddy murder scene and Batista's voice is heard over the clip saying something like "If we find out who he was casing, we find our killer"...that lead to the possibility that Dexter had left a tape or DVD behind in his rush to get out of there and that video gave him and Lumen up. I watched it over and over because I was like 'holy shit, if they have them on video, how is he going to wriggle out of that?'...but in this episode there was no indication of any video found in that context (ie the Liddy murder scene). That was a bit misleading, as we found out that all the evidence had been removed. Bit of a letdown but not a major one I guess..

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dexter