Dexter Season 8 - Monstrous? Or a Masterpiece?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
Dexter Season 8. The End Begins. June 30, 2013

Dexter Season 8: Tease - Masterpiece - YouTube

This is a lovely thing. :love: (Watch the trailer first though)

DexterSeason8TeaseMasterpiece.png~original

I wish some of those portraits were more clear. I wonder if a good hi-res promo exists of that? :hmm:

I was just going to ask you if there's another copy. I sharpened it in PS but it could be bigger.

That's just a screencap I took from the YT video. How does the sharpened version look? There are people I know must be there but I can't find them. Like Hannah's dad, and Boyd Fowler. Too bad Hannah isn't there. Yet. :evil:

Hmm for some reason that won't load for me. I thought it might if I came back and tried again later but it won't.

What do people want the end to be? Dexter captured? Killed? Gets away somehow?

I lean toward captured, but won't complain as long as there is a RESOLUTION - no effing Sopranos ending! I think you could have him get away without feeling like nothing was resolved. But it couldn't be that he just continues working in the lab and continuing as is.

It should probably end with Dexter being killed and Deb taking over his killing. :mac:

So are there 12 or 16 episodes in this season? I remember reading last year there was gonna be 16 and Wikipedia has only 12 listed.

Not a bad start to the season last night! Intrigued to see where it goes from here.

Did anyone else get a Dr Frankenstein vibe from Vogel? She seems like some sort of mad scientist or something. Maybe even a God complex about Dexter. Could be interesting if the final season is sort of a Dexter meeting his maker type thing, since obviously Harry is out of the picture in that sense. I have been hopeful forever that we find out Matthews has been in on it all along, and it's interesting that Geoff Pierson is finally listed in the opening credits as a regular, so we at least will finally get a lot more of him. But it will be interesting to see where they take it.

Poor Deb is a mess, as expected, after going against everything she believed in. I don't expect her to really recover from such a thing. I fear her only way up is just to embrace the monster and yeah take over like Sicy said! Another option is to become a major force in bringing Dexter down, as some sort of salvation for her, but that also goes against everything she believed in too, family, so I don't know!

The one thing that's still weird for me is Dexter's change of character last season and breaking his code. We were always able to fully pull for him before as the monster with sort of morals. And even if his friends all finally found out about him, there could be some hope of understanding there and sympathy. But after La Guerta, no way. He's pretty much plain old monster status now, which is kind of sad. Oh well.

Anyway, yeah, really hopeful for a good season and this show going out on a high note. :hyper:

I thought that was pretty good. Although each season starts promising and then goes downhill.

For once in this show's life, I find Debra interesting. Ha.

:up: Episode 2 was pretty good. Loved Michael C Hall's directing debut on the show, at least I think that was his first Dexter. There were some great little things in there that showed a sense of humor and also I loved how he treated some of the character's scenes together. Batista and Quinn, for example. Anyway, I hope to see him do some more, and like the direction it's going so far.

:huh: Ok what did I even just watch. That episode (4) was the most awkward, worst looking, worst written episode I have ever seen in the history of this entire show. It was just weird, crammed with pointless, badly filmed and edited scenes, and I don't know, just so fucking weird! I felt like I was watching bizarro Dexter or something. Just something really off about the whole thing. Wow.
Anyway I still am liking this season, even after this one, I guess? Just so confused.:crack:

This season seems slow but I'm loving Deb. She's just fantastic. Cray Deb :heart: and Vogel is shady as hell.

This season seems slow but I'm loving Deb. She's just fantastic. Cray Deb :heart: and Vogel is shady as hell.

Yep, loving shady Vogel. :up: I like the season so far but yes, hopefully the pace will pick up. I really don't think we need anymore weird as shit Matsuka offspring scenes and weird pointless driving clips with super fake car sound effects crammed into this last season. :huh: WTF. Come on writers, you need to wrap this one up nicely and there are plenty of juicy loose ends you can tie into pretty little bows for us. :pray:

Back
Top Bottom