Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
So let me get this straight..

Hannah comes out of nowhere and drugs Dexter and Deb?
Um...

Yeah. I really like this show and was eagerly awaiting the final season as something that would blow my mind..say, a la the Lithgow season. Instead it's been mostly kinda meh. What the heck is goin on with the writing its really patchy and doesn't really seem to be flowing as well as previous seasons did.

I'm disappointed that Dexter didn't kill Zach. His storyline is pointless and he's a creepo.
About the spoiler... Right? Really weak writing and that's what I've been noticing especially since that one episode recently that was really just off and weird. It's like they took all this time in the earlier seasons building this amazing character, and are just trashing him now at the end. But I guess that was already obvious last season when they started changing Dexter's character for the worse All that time spent showing him grow and become more than just a monster, just to completely chuck it and make him start acting totally out of character. Really too bad.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Dexter to Boring Pointless New Character: "We can never be seen in public together!!"

Later in Miami Metro Parking Lot where Dexter works: "Hey kid this is the perfect place to start giving you murder lessons!"

This show has lost the plot. Absolute boring horrible episode.

Sadly, tonight while watching the incredible Breaking Bad, I was reminded what we've lost with Dexter. Writers who actually remember the characters we have grown to care about over the seasons: who remember that what makes a good show is involving them in the plot, making us worry about them and root for them. Instead of all these new characters we don't care about AT ALL wasting our time, we should be watching quality time with Quinn, Batista, Masuka... INVOLVED in the plot. They should be integral to the plot by now!! Can you imagine if Quinn was investigating Dexter again right now over his past suspicions, and Deb's strange behavior over LaGuerta, instead of wasting time with Pointless Boy?? There are so many things that could have been happening by now that would have made me care, and be on the edge of my seat with anticipation for characters I grew to care about now.
And am I supposed to be feeling sympathetic for Hannah? (Who tried to kill Deb, and Dexter doesn't seem to give a crap about that I guess.)
I need to stop. This hurts.

I'm rapidly losing all hope. In fact I think I have lost all hope. It's so depressing. Oh well we had some really great seasons and honestly I could be perfectly content to own seasons one through five and pretend the rest never happened, and it would actually be pretty perfect.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Good post, and I totally agree. I rewatched a few earlier episodes of Dexter and the writing now just sucks compared to the earlier on.

That said, I still hope something good comes out of the few episodes.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #49
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
This show has lost the plot. Absolute boring horrible episode.

Sadly, tonight while watching the incredible Breaking Bad, I was reminded what we've lost with Dexter. Writers who actually remember the characters we have grown to care about over the seasons: who remember that what makes a good show is involving them in the plot, making us worry about them and root for them. Instead of all these new characters we don't care about AT ALL wasting our time, we should be watching quality time with Quinn, Batista, Masuka... INVOLVED in the plot. They should be integral to the plot by now!! Can you imagine if Quinn was investigating Dexter again right now over his past suspicions, and Deb's strange behavior over LaGuerta, instead of wasting time with Pointless Boy?? There are so many things that could have been happening by now that would have made me care, and be on the edge of my seat with anticipation for characters I grew to care about now.
Agree wholeheartedly. Maybe we can petition Vince Gilligan to re-write the last season of Dexter! I want the tension of the Hank-Walt scene from last night to show up (somewhere, anywhere!) on Dexter. All of the Miami Metro plotlines are pointless and annoying. Why during the last season would we give a rats ass whether Quinn makes sargeant? Or care about Masuka's sperm-donor daughter? It should be about MM closing in on discovering Dexter. I would be fine with the Hannah/Cassie/Vogel/Zach storylines if the point was to distract Dexter from discovering that MM is closing in on him. Without that, it just feels like filler until the final couple of episodes.

Maybe there will be a payoff for all of this trivial time-wasting nonsense, but I'm losing hope.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

Fuck this dumb show.

I still feel like sticking it out until the bitter end, but I'm about at the point where I'll DVR it and fast-forward through half of it the next day, and not miss much.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Better episode, it got really good toward the end and then really bad once Dexter went to stop Hannah from leaving.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #52
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

There has to be some reason Masuka's daughter has been introduced. It does seem pointless to introduce these new characters when the show is ending, and I agree I'd rather they focus on Dexter and catching him once and for all, but I'm still super loyal to the show. The ending of last episode had my mouth open.

Crazy that it seemed like Zack was going to be a prominent character and then ends up dead like the rest of them

I think Dr. Vogul is the brain killer!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
There has to be some reason Masuka's daughter has been introduced. It does seem pointless to introduce these new characters when the show is ending, and I agree I'd rather they focus on Dexter and catching him once and for all, but I'm still super loyal to the show. The ending of last episode had my mouth open.

Crazy that it seemed like Zack was going to be a prominent character and then ends up dead like the rest of them

I think she is too..
Old 08-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor

I was thinking that too, but I have a huge problem with that... if this is true, and she's like some split personality that doesn't know she is the killer... THAT'S THE EXACT SAME THING AS SEASON 6.

(Edit oops I said last season first, but meant season before. My brain has blocked out last season already.)

And I'm so sick of Jamie Batista. It's really SAD that she has actually become a more prominent character than Angel Batista. WTF. Angel Batista is like a nobody now on this show and he was a great character.
(I feel like the only reason she was introduced was to add more sex scenes. Writers, you are SO shallow and transparent.)
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post

Yes, she drives Zack home. Then we see him dead with a piece of his brain missing. Then we see her with the piece. It seems way too obvious.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #56
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 08-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Another decent episode but a weak "twist". All sees a bit rushed for me.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor

I think I'm going to skip the next few and just watch the finale.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I think I'm going to skip the next few and just watch the finale.
Oh, just watch the last three for Pete's sake.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't think I can be bothered.

(this opinion subject to change without notice)

Tags
dexter