Dexter Season 8 - Monstrous? Or a Masterpiece?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I'm just gonna put this wallpaper here because its amazing.

Dexter_RedCast_Logo_MG.jpg

Shits gettin real! I love Deb working with Dexter. That's what I wanted since she found out about him.

Shits gettin real! I love Deb working with Dexter. That's what I wanted since she found out about him.

I thought of you as soon as I saw that coming! :D And she seemed really good after finally accepting her place. (At least for now, not sure if it will last.)

That episode was a little bit weird again. I don't know why but the last 2 episodes have seemed really off the usual excellent Dexter cinematography, dialogue writing, etc. But the final scenes in the last episode made up for it. That was great. :up:
I hope these seemingly trivial little things going on will have some more purpose as we go. It's not that I don't like Vince's character getting a little more personal time, I just don't know if we have time for it this late in the ballgame when they are wrapping up forever. :sad:

(Oh and yes we LOLed at the first scene with his daughter too. :lol: It was just at the same time I sort of felt like Gary... :wink:
IHGTFT2.gif~original

:yawn:

Why the fuck do I care about anything that just happened in that episode? :scratch:

We have 6 hours left of this show. Forever. FOREVER.

Just sayin. :|

Anyone loving it so far just ignore me. :reject: Sorry. I just had high hopes for this show which for so many seasons was beautiful. :sigh:

Terrible Ep. It ended ok with Hannah Banana coming back.....but this whole "Dexters apprentice" thing....seems cringeworthy to me.

Also what's happened to ghost Harry? Or is the actors contract only allow him to appear in DVD format now?

Yes, all of that. I'm rapidly losing faith that the writers have anything great and beautiful in store for us in wrapping this up, coming full circle and ending this in any really special way. I was really happy to see Deb on the boat with Dexter after their kill... THAT was great stuff! BUT... we didn't need a newcomer there too. If it had to be someone, maybe Harry's ghost, I don't know. I like Rampling's character but it's sort of enough already. Her character arc could have easily finished there. We have SO MUCH that would have been great to see come back and dealt with. Not all these new characters crammed into our faces all over the place in the final hour. Maybe Masuka's daughter is part of that evil serial killer fan-club of weird interns we had our time pointlessly wasted on earlier. :huh:

UG.

:reject: still hopeful. At least Quinn is getting an interesting direction right now. :up: He dropped his suspicions of Dexter when he fell for Deb. But it would be cool to see something come back and happen there again. :hmm:

They're just throwing everything at it right now. I expect a kitchen sink to make an appearance next week.

Couldn't they find a way to stretch out the Deb storyline for the whole season? That whole thing could have been compelling enough to make for a tense last season. Now we have that wrapped up, the Brain Surgeon is gone, and they're introducing new shit.

I guess they could come back to the Deb storyline and something out of left field could happen, but I don't think that's going to happen.

So glad this show is ending. A couple of standout seasons, but everything else has been meh to terrible.

They're just throwing everything at it right now. I expect a kitchen sink to make an appearance next week.

Couldn't they find a way to stretch out the Deb storyline for the whole season? That whole thing could have been compelling enough to make for a tense last season. Now we have that wrapped up, the Brain Surgeon is gone, and they're introducing new shit.

I guess they could come back to the Deb storyline and something out of left field could happen, but I don't think that's going to happen.

So glad this show is ending. A couple of standout seasons, but everything else has been meh to terrible.

About Deb, exactly. I have no idea what happened to the once great writing this show had, I don't pay attention to the whos and whats and goings on of all that. Maybe it's a whole new set of people, but regardless, you'd think it wouldn't be THAT difficult to figure this stuff out. It's like they have no idea how to make connections to what has actually gone on in this whole Dexter story up to now. Really weird.

I'm kind of meh on the whole Zach apprentice thing too. I love this show more than anything so I dont have too much negative to say but I agree that they could be focusing on other, more important, more exciting things. Like is Quinn just going to ignore that Deb said she killed La Guerta? Did we really need to introduce Masuka's daughter in the final season? Like what's the point. I love that Deb and Dexter are 'friends' again and I'd love to see more of them killing together.

And I screamed at my TV "SHUT. UP!" when
Hannah appeared

So let me get this straight..
Hannah comes out of nowhere and drugs Dexter and Deb?
Um...

Yeah. I really like this show and was eagerly awaiting the final season as something that would blow my mind..say, a la the Lithgow season. Instead it's been mostly kinda meh. What the heck is goin on with the writing its really patchy and doesn't really seem to be flowing as well as previous seasons did.

I'm disappointed that Dexter didn't kill Zach. His storyline is pointless and he's a creepo.

So let me get this straight..
Hannah comes out of nowhere and drugs Dexter and Deb?
Um...

Yeah. I really like this show and was eagerly awaiting the final season as something that would blow my mind..say, a la the Lithgow season. Instead it's been mostly kinda meh. What the heck is goin on with the writing its really patchy and doesn't really seem to be flowing as well as previous seasons did.

I'm disappointed that Dexter didn't kill Zach. His storyline is pointless and he's a creepo.

About the spoiler... :doh: Right? Really weak writing and that's what I've been noticing especially since that one episode recently that was really just off and weird. It's like they took all this time in the earlier seasons building this amazing character, and are just trashing him now at the end. But I guess that was already obvious last season when they started changing Dexter's character for the worse :down: All that time spent showing him grow and become more than just a monster, just to completely chuck it and make him start acting totally out of character. Really too bad.

Dexter to Boring Pointless New Character: "We can never be seen in public together!!"

Later in Miami Metro Parking Lot where Dexter works: "Hey kid this is the perfect place to start giving you murder lessons!" :happy:

This show has lost the plot. Absolute boring horrible episode.

Sadly, tonight while watching the incredible Breaking Bad, I was reminded what we've lost with Dexter. Writers who actually remember the characters we have grown to care about over the seasons: who remember that what makes a good show is involving them in the plot, making us worry about them and root for them. Instead of all these new characters we don't care about AT ALL wasting our time, we should be watching quality time with Quinn, Batista, Masuka... INVOLVED in the plot. They should be integral to the plot by now!! Can you imagine if Quinn was investigating Dexter again right now over his past suspicions, and Deb's strange behavior over LaGuerta, instead of wasting time with Pointless Boy?? There are so many things that could have been happening by now that would have made me care, and be on the edge of my seat with anticipation for characters I grew to care about now.
:doh: And am I supposed to be feeling sympathetic for Hannah? :huh: (Who tried to kill Deb, and Dexter doesn't seem to give a crap about that I guess.)
I need to stop. This hurts. :sigh:

I'm rapidly losing all hope. In fact I think I have lost all hope. It's so depressing. Oh well we had some really great seasons and honestly I could be perfectly content to own seasons one through five and pretend the rest never happened, and it would actually be pretty perfect. :hmm:

Good post, and I totally agree. I rewatched a few earlier episodes of Dexter and the writing now just sucks compared to the earlier on.

That said, I still hope something good comes out of the few episodes.

This show has lost the plot. Absolute boring horrible episode.

Sadly, tonight while watching the incredible Breaking Bad, I was reminded what we've lost with Dexter. Writers who actually remember the characters we have grown to care about over the seasons: who remember that what makes a good show is involving them in the plot, making us worry about them and root for them. Instead of all these new characters we don't care about AT ALL wasting our time, we should be watching quality time with Quinn, Batista, Masuka... INVOLVED in the plot. They should be integral to the plot by now!! Can you imagine if Quinn was investigating Dexter again right now over his past suspicions, and Deb's strange behavior over LaGuerta, instead of wasting time with Pointless Boy?? There are so many things that could have been happening by now that would have made me care, and be on the edge of my seat with anticipation for characters I grew to care about now.

Agree wholeheartedly. Maybe we can petition Vince Gilligan to re-write the last season of Dexter! I want the tension of the Hank-Walt scene from last night to show up (somewhere, anywhere!) on Dexter. All of the Miami Metro plotlines are pointless and annoying. Why during the last season would we give a rats ass whether Quinn makes sargeant? Or care about Masuka's sperm-donor daughter? It should be about MM closing in on discovering Dexter. I would be fine with the Hannah/Cassie/Vogel/Zach storylines if the point was to distract Dexter from discovering that MM is closing in on him. Without that, it just feels like filler until the final couple of episodes.

Maybe there will be a payoff for all of this trivial time-wasting nonsense, but I'm losing hope.

Fuck this dumb show.

I still feel like sticking it out until the bitter end, but I'm about at the point where I'll DVR it and fast-forward through half of it the next day, and not miss much.

There has to be some reason Masuka's daughter has been introduced. It does seem pointless to introduce these new characters when the show is ending, and I agree I'd rather they focus on Dexter and catching him once and for all, but I'm still super loyal to the show. The ending of last episode had my mouth open.
Crazy that it seemed like Zack was going to be a prominent character and then ends up dead like the rest of them

I think Dr. Vogul is the brain killer! :ohmy:

There has to be some reason Masuka's daughter has been introduced. It does seem pointless to introduce these new characters when the show is ending, and I agree I'd rather they focus on Dexter and catching him once and for all, but I'm still super loyal to the show. The ending of last episode had my mouth open.
Crazy that it seemed like Zack was going to be a prominent character and then ends up dead like the rest of them

I think Dr. Vogul is the brain killer! :ohmy:

I think she is too..

I was thinking that too, but I have a huge problem with that... if this is true, and she's like some split personality that doesn't know she is the killer... THAT'S THE EXACT SAME THING AS SEASON 6.

(Edit oops I said last season first, but meant season before. My brain has blocked out last season already.)

And I'm so sick of Jamie Batista. It's really SAD that she has actually become a more prominent character than Angel Batista. WTF. Angel Batista is like a nobody now on this show and he was a great character.
(I feel like the only reason she was introduced was to add more sex scenes. Writers, you are SO shallow and transparent.)

Back
Top Bottom