Dexter - Season 7 - Truth Brings Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know! It had been awhile since we had a good old edge of your seat oh shit Dexter WTF how are you gonna get out of this one episode!! :hyper:

Surprise Bananas!

Good episode indeed. I reckon the whole the arrest scene in the trailer for next week will be a typical Dexter dream, what are they gonna spend next season with him in court?

Good twist with the whole setup for Dexter to kill that guy released from prison. Will be interesting how they wrap it up. Hannah knows a lot about Dexter now, and as does that guy he was gonna kill (sorry I forgot his name).

I think deb drugged her own water because she's a hater...JUST LIKE YOU GUYS!!!

and now Nadia is gone too! :(

won't lie. I hated laguerta, always have. But hearing Debra cry made me sad.

won't lie. I hated laguerta, always have. But hearing Debra cry made me sad.

Not going to bother spoilering my thoughts so if you haven't watched the finale... GO AWAY. :wave:

I have to admit, I was pulling for LaGuerta. :reject: I really hated seeing her being so right about everything and so alone. But I suppose she really never had a chance against a monster. I would have been SO okay with Deb shooting Dexter but yeah that wasn't going to happen. :wink:
I'm sad to see Deb become a cold-blooded murderer. Always thought she would join Dexter in cleaning up the scum of the Earth, rather than become one herself. :sigh:
Also disappointed to see Dexter turn that final corner, when he always tried to move closer to humanity. But we see now it was that side of humanity he was destined to follow.
Ooooh well. I'll be back next season but for the first time ever, I really don't like Dexter (the character) anymore. It's too bad. I think the writers dropped the ball on what was a truly unusual and unique TV character, but whaddayagonnado? :wave:

I don't like any of the characters (not sure how many I ever really liked), but of course I have to stick it out until the end.

I thought the ending was a bit silly. LaGuerta just magically pops out of whatever drug-induced state Dexter put her in, just in time and perfectly clear-headed? Are they going to stick with the story that the two dead people killed each other, when any cop worth their salt will be able to determine gun angle/shooter position in about 30 seconds at the scene? Maybe they dumped the bodies after enjoying those New Year's fireworks.

Yeah there was a lot of silliness. I may not like the way a storyline has gone in a show, but I can still respect it when the writing is good and believable. Wasn't the case this season.

Geeeez there are some Debbie Downers in this thread :p I really enjoyed the finale, and Deb killing LaGuerta was a interesting touch :ohmy: She used to be the moral compass for the show up until this season (and especially the finale), but now it's like someone put a magnet on that compass :tongue: Really curious as to how the final season will turn out.

Now the obligatory season rankings...

1=4 (really can't decide) > 7 > 2 > 3 > 5=6 (again, I really can't decide between these 2 rather tepid seasons... but the Season 5 premiere is still one of my favorite episodes)

I don't have a problem with LaGuerta being right, i just didn't like that she kept pressing because she didn't want Doakes to be guilty. She was alone because she was always looking out for herself.

For a half second I though dexter was going to stab himself in the gut and bleed out.

It will be interesting to see how those two get out of this one.

The stream I was watching wasn't all that great. I'll grab it when I get home and watch it again.

Geeeez there are some Debbie Downers in this thread :p I really enjoyed the finale

Me too. I was on the edge of my seat! And even teared up when Deb started crying. She's a phenomenal actress.

How long do we have to wait now? :sigh:

I know, I had to get into the spirit of Festivus and air my grievances. :wink: I'm done now though. I still love this show on whole anyway. I've got my eye on you though, next season... :eyebrow: :p

As much as I liked Isaac, I wish they hadn't cluttered this season with the extra storylines. Quinn? Can someone please shoot him already?

And that arsonist storyline was completely unnecessary.

I hope next season just focuses on the good stuff.

Here here! :D

Too many dropped story lines that went nowhere. That shit didn't used to happen. They had a lot of potential to be really cool, but then nothing! Anyway... I said I'm done. :shifty:

Looking forward to Dexter going out with a bang, please. :wink:

I don't like any of the characters (not sure how many I ever really liked), but of course I have to stick it out until the end.

I thought the ending was a bit silly. LaGuerta just magically pops out of whatever drug-induced state Dexter put her in, just in time and perfectly clear-headed? Are they going to stick with the story that the two dead people killed each other, when any cop worth their salt will be able to determine gun angle/shooter position in about 30 seconds at the scene? Maybe they dumped the bodies after enjoying those New Year's fireworks.

Not to mention the ballistics report would show Deb's gun as the one who shot LaGuerta. Although maybe that's part of the downfall of Dexter / Deb in the last season.

I know, I had to get into the spirit of Festivus and air my grievances. :wink: I'm done now though. I still love this show on whole anyway. I've got my eye on you though, next season... :eyebrow: :p
Though I don't agree... :up: for the Seinfeld reference!! You've earned some major cool Catman points* there, my friend.

*Catman points are a trademark of Catman and not useful in any meaningful way.

Though I don't agree... :up: for the Seinfeld reference!! You've earned some major cool Catman points* there, my friend.

*Catman points are a trademark of Catman and not useful in any meaningful way.

Awesome! :drool: I will save them for cashing in on something totally useless and unmeaningful.

How many of us were walking around going "SURPRISE, MOTHERFUCKER!" all day long?

(or at least thinking it, since we don't want to be fired)

Back
Top Bottom