Dexter - Season 7 - Truth Brings Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah that was a new good one. :D

I was sorry to see Isaak go at the hand of his weasel employee. I liked he and Dexter's dynamic but oh well. Plus he was gorgeous. :shifty:

Still not impressed with the whole Hannah bullshit. Disappointed that the writers are asking us to forget that Dexter has had actual feelings before this. Feels so fake forcing some of those lines on his character. Really a shame.

But droooooool over the LaGuerta scenes. Love that story line coming back. I still hold to my theory that Matthews and Harry were both in on creating the Dexter super scum cleanup killing machine for Miami Metro. :drool:

good lord Issac is hawt! And he is irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Ray Stevenson born May 1964

Biography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Stevenson_(actor)

really bummed to see him go :sad:

good lord Issac is hawt! And he is irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Ray Stevenson born May 1964

Biography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Stevenson_(actor)

really bummed to see him go :sad:

:shifty:

Farewell to thee, Isaak. :heart:

RayStevenson2IsaakDexter2.png

RayStevenson3IsaakDexter3.jpg

RayStevenson7.jpg

RayStevenson9.jpg

RayStevenson16.jpg

RayStevenson15.jpg

RayStevenson4IsaakDexter4.jpg

and farewell Jurg.

RayStevenson6IsaakDexter6Jurg.jpg

oh for fucks sake.. ur killing me girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :faint::love::heart:

oh and did I mention he's irish (of course he left when he was 8 but stil!)! gahhhh.... why are all irish men so damn hawt??

Isaac is dead.

Dexter thinks he's in love. (I'm sure this will end well.)

Deb is annoying and wishy-washy over how she feels like she should deal with Dexter.

Honestly, the only interesting thing anymore is LaGuerta narrowing down her Bay Harbor Butcher search. Now that Isaac's dead, I care very little about the rest of this.

Not that this season isn't still a huge improvement, I just have very little patience for any of the characters anymore. AND they've thrown in a new murder mystery. Good grief.

Here's the thing. My problem with this season is that they have built years of Dexter finding his humanity, with people he has grown to actually love. YES Dexter you have loved before, this is not a new concept for him, writers. There have been incredibly amazing scenes with him realizing this already. Even with the kids for example, his relationship with Astor as a troubled young woman when her mother is taken from her.

Trying to force it on us (and Dexter lol) with a character like Hannah is pretty insulting. We've been down this road before with Dexter, and come through it with him as a better person. Maybe especially coming after having a much more interesting female character like Lumen who actually had emotional depth, isn't helping.

As much as I enjoyed Isaak :)shifty:), what would have been pretty cool this season was having an unknown villain killer for Metro to solve, (say like a psycho Fire Marshall killer, something like that, ya know? :wink:) But also with more in depth storyline with Deb and Dexter. They haven't even mentioned the fact that she actually caught him in the act after killing Jordan Chase and let him go. And of course still start bringing the LaGuerta story back as well. Quinn should be involved in that too as he was onto Dexter before, but let it go when he fell for Deb.

Anyway... :whistle: Just one of my 2:twocents:

Here's the thing. My problem with this season is that they have built years of Dexter finding his humanity, with people he has grown to actually love. YES Dexter you have loved before, this is not a new concept for him, writers. There have been incredibly amazing scenes with him realizing this already. Even with the kids for example, his relationship with Astor as a troubled young woman when her mother is taken from her.

Trying to force it on us (and Dexter lol) with a character like Hannah is pretty insulting. We've been down this road before with Dexter, and come through it with him as a better person. Maybe especially coming after having a much more interesting female character like Lumen who actually had emotional depth, isn't helping.

As much as I enjoyed Isaak :)shifty:), what would have been pretty cool this season was having an unknown villain killer for Metro to solve, (say like a psycho Fire Marshall killer, something like that, ya know? :wink:) But also with more in depth storyline with Deb and Dexter. They haven't even mentioned the fact that she actually caught him in the act after killing Jordan Chase and let him go. And of course still start bringing the LaGuerta story back as well. Quinn should be involved in that too as he was onto Dexter before, but let it go when he fell for Deb.

Anyway... :whistle: Just one of my 2:twocents:

:up: yup

Isnt it going that way with the fire killer? Every season there's usually a killer for them to solve.

Is it just me or is that creepy fire investigator too obvious? I'm hoping they are deliberately showing him being extra creepy to hit us with something completely different. Otherwise thats just lazy.

I miss Issak already :(

yeah, with what was shown in this episode and the preview for next week I feel the same way.. too obvious. I hope they are throwing us off the trail and it is someone else..

and why does a fire marshall/investigator always remind me of this fellow? :giggle:

i-cdd93fe1ae6deee9912a1a1dc7169908-fire-marshall-bill.jpg

lazy is definitely what i am thinking. hope not..

and me too... :drool:

yeah, with what was shown in this episode and the preview for next week I feel the same way.. too obvious. I hope they are throwing us off the trail and it is someone else..

and why does a fire marshall/investigator always remind me of this fellow? :giggle:

i-cdd93fe1ae6deee9912a1a1dc7169908-fire-marshall-bill.jpg

lazy is definitely what i am thinking. hope not..

and me too... :drool:

:lol: I knew he was reminding me of somebody!

Yeah I agree about that too, and that's why I mentioned it above like that. :wink: I'm at least hoping it's supposed to be either obvious it's him, like we're supposed to know it's him because mystery isn't the point, or it's something different.

I CAN CUT BODIES INTO PIECES BUT HOW DO I PUT HANNAH MCKAY BACK TOGETHER?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:doh:

I have mixed emotions. On the one hand I hated seeing Dexter step out of character, killing outside of "the code". But on the other hand, killing by code is a very emotionless thing. His journey is toward "humanity". This kill was emotion fueled and a "human" murder, as much as that's not the direction toward humanity we might want Dexter to go. :sigh:

Writing wise however, I still feel this season is at the series' lowest point. I can see why the writers justified it, having him kill for love. But everything that got him to this point has not felt genuine to me. I think the usually stellar storytelling in the series, is not up to its own par. :shrug:

Hey Bananas!

Good episode this week. Even if there were some very cheesy lines now that Dexter knows Deb was in love with him.

It's seems lucky for Dexter that all his enemies that could be turn him in are being killed off for him.

well it was all set up fro Dexter to show he does have some control, that his dark passenger is made up in his head, much like his conversations with Harry.

though I will admit, the past few episodes, the writing seems rushed. And i don't expect much better over the next two, as it'll be setting up for the final season.

Catman, I thought your name was cartman at first. So I read what you wrote in his voice

It's like the way Louis went. All this build up over 2 seasons for absolutely nothing? I actually still have hope that the writers have something more of that storyline for us, but sadly I have a feeling it was just a whole lot of wasted story that went nowhere, and that's what has me disappointed right now.
But hey that was just one storyline and if that's their worst crime no big deal. But I hate that I'm being disappointed in the rest of it too. I realize it isn't the same writing team that they started out with, but I thought they were still actually doing a great job for a while there. Oooooh welll....

Catman, I thought your name was cartman at first. So I read what you wrote in his voice
:lol: I do love watching me some "South Park," so I wouldn't be surprised if a little managed to creep in my post :wink:

It's like the way Louis went. All this build up over 2 seasons for absolutely nothing? I actually still have hope that the writers have something more of that storyline for us, but sadly I have a feeling it was just a whole lot of wasted story that went nowhere, and that's what has me disappointed right now.
This, unfortunately... I agree with. The Louis storyline really could have been something special, tying together story segments from the first season. C'est la vie... :sigh:

:panic:

Good episode. :drool:

C'mon guys, pull this season back up on its feet and make me :heart: you again. :up:

That episode was good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom