Dexter - Season 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone read the books? Debra finding out the truth could work on the show. I'm disappointed Cody & Astor weren't made into his protoge's.

Wait there's books?

The show is based off the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Season 1 follows it sort of with some changes. But after book one the show went its own way. I think in the books there was even a supernatural/demon spin to it, but it got dropped.

I love the books along with the show even though they're way different...like the movie The curious case of Benjamin Button. Book & film are not the same but both are good.

The Dexter books are even darker than the show. Definitely check it out Sicy!

Sicy said:
Wait there's books?

lol :)

It says it in the opening credits.

my co-workers and I bought the books for each other for Christmas a few years back. I still haven't started then yet. But I'm going to one of these days.

I might wait to see what others are saying about the next season before I start to watch it.

I'm bored more often than I'm excited with the show. Boo. :(

7 hit shows that are past their prime - Entertainment - Television - TODAY.com

1. 'Dexter'

That twist in Sunday night's episode — which we won't spoil in case it's still sitting on your DVR — gave us pause for a moment. Could this be the thing that turns season six around? Nope. The season's still a mess.

Writers have Dexter Morgan tackling religion and where, or if, it fits into his life.
A guest stint by Mos Def as reformed killer Brother Sam was the highlight of those efforts, but everything else about season six has fallen flat.

That includes the return, sorta, of Dexter's dead serial killer brother; the painfully cheesy therapy sessions for Deb; the embarrassing way the writers have completely decimated Maria LaGuerta; and the mind-boggling reason Dexter has all of a sudden embraced killers like Travis and Trinity's son, Jonah.

If "Dexter" had been a lesser show, around season two or three viewers might have started to question the fact that there seem to be an awful lot of serial killers who a) live in Miami and b) always seem to cross paths with Dexter, even outside his police duties.

"Darkly Dreaming Dexter," the novel in which the Dexter Morgan character was introduced, has become "Deeply Disappointing Dexter."

Bautista should never have gone in there without Quinn.

Poor holly :(

"Jesus Christ on a stick. Sorry..." :cute:

I dont think Quinn could do much anyway in his constant drunken state :drunk:

I'm waiting to see which one will be killed off: Angel or Quinn.

I'm also waiting to see what some big reveal will be about Deb, as I think that's what they're gearing up to. If there's two more seasons left, is it too early to have her figure out Dexter's secret? Maybe she just gets an inkling.

See I thought she got an inkling last season. Then they just swept it under the rug.

Ugh.

Oh, and didn't Quinn have pictures of Dexter being all nefarious and shit? He dropped it because of Deb .... I guess we'll never hear anything about that again, either.

Wahhhhh, this show. Down the hill it has gone.

Im waiting to see whats up with the computer geek with a man crush on Dexter... The fact that they keep focusing on Dexter using that "Elliot" search engine he recomended makes me think he might be creeping him or something...

Yeah, he just seems like a storyline they really could have left out. He's probably a serial killer himself or something, or he's about to be. (hey, next season's storyline!)

corianderstem said:
Yeah, he just seems like a storyline they really could have left out. He's probably a serial killer himself or something, or he's about to be. (hey, next season's storyline!)

I like that.

Thought it was funny when Louis showed dexter the game where you could be the bad guy and the Bay Harbor Butcher was one of the choices, and dexter thinks "I'm the bay harbor butcher"

At one point louis said to Jamie, "he's never off" about dexter. I kept waiting for dexter to slip up on something that Louis catches. Dexter always seems to goof something up only to get things right at the end.

I wouldn't mind a cliffhanger where Louis is offing someone

I'm still enjoying this season. It hasn't been my favorite season, but it's still one of the better shows on TV these days. And the season isn't it over yet!

I just saw the last episode ... Am I the only one who thought Dexter & Deb looked like they were gonna kiss in the preview for next weeks episode? Ew

They better not kill off Batista!

I'm currently doing an all-season marathon re-watch and just finished season 4. God what a perfect season of TV.

Nah, every season can't be perfection. I can accept that.

(Ok I shouldn't say "can't" because I guess it could, and that would be amazing, but no other show I watch comes as close to that as this one does.)

Wahhhh season finale already next week. :sad:

The Deb and Dexter thing is really creeping me out.

I know! That psychiatrist is psycho. Isn't she supposed to help Deb feel better, not even more screwed up?? :lol:

The Dexter demon painting will forever make me LMAO. (My daughter is determined to get one to hang in her room. :giggle: )

k, this season flew by or what? I am super :sad: about this too..

and that deb and dexter thing makes me uneasy.. ugh. How hard is it for them to do those scenes with them being divorced..

laguertadiaf.jpg

Needs more agonizing screams.

If anybody wants a link for Sunday so they don't have to wait for a torrent, I'll send it over.

Do I just have selective memory, or did they go really quickly from LaGuerta being a sympathetic, likable character to being a raging, power-hungry jerk?

Back
Top Bottom