Derren Brown: The Events

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Total U2 Nut

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Had a quick look on here and couldn't see any threads Derren Brown related, just wondering if anyone saw him (correctly!) guessing the lottery numbers on Wednesday night on Channel 4? The follow-up show is on tonight, where no doubt he will be burnt at the stake as a witch etc.

Derren Brown The Events

I'm not sure how big/unheard of he is in the States but he's been big over here for a few years now with Russian Roulette stunts and various tv shows. Any other fans out there? I never thought I'd be a fan of such obscene stunts, and always thought David Blaine was a bit of a prick but this is genuinely intriguing stuff!

Derren Brown Official Site

What a cop out. The whole idea of any sort of numerical system was quite funny especially when that group of 24 or so people thought they actuaslly cracked it. Reminded me of a show he did not so long ago where a group of 8 people were put in a room and they needed X amount of points to be let out, they thoguht they were awarded points by moving objects and stuff but instead points were awarded when a rat collected a nut from a tray or something like that.

I believe in the theory regardling the split screen technology.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed, I thought comments like "this is a year of my life, right here" would have produced something a little more ingenious. I thought it might have been similar to the system he employed a couple of years ago when he came up with a system to "rig" the horses. So more misdirection more than just guessing numbers :huh: Oh well. I like the premise for his new shows anyhow, the element of interactivity aspect is quite interesting and I think an effort to stick viewers to their sofas should be intriguing at least.

Back
Top Bottom