David Carradine found dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
Actor David Carradine found dead

(CNN) -- American actor David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok, Thailand, hotel, according to his personal manager, Chuck Binder.

David Carradine became famous in the 1970s after starring in the television series "Kung Fu."

Binder said Thursday that the death is being investigated but could provide no other details.

Carradine's death was "shocking and sad. He was full of life, always wanting to work ... a great person," Binder said, according to People magazine.

Carradine, who became famous in the 1970s when he starred as traveling Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in the television series "Kung Fu," was 72.

Modern audiences may best know him as "Bill" in Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" films. He earned a 2005 Golden Globe nomination for his role in the second movie in the two-part saga.

His career included more than 100 feature films, two dozen television movies and theater work, according to the Internet Movie Database.

Carradine made appearances in television series including "Gunsmoke" and "Alfred Hitchcock Presents." His first starring role in a series was as the title character in "Shane" in 1966.

He worked with such directors as Martin Scorsese in "Box Car Bertha" in 1972 and Robert Altman in "The Long Goodbye" in 1973.

Carradine was nominated for a Golden Globe for his role as folk music legend Woody Guthrie in the 1976 movie "Bound For Glory," according to a biography on his official Web site.

His theater career began while he studied drama at San Francisco State College in California.

He later landed roles on Broadway in "The Deputy" and "The Royal Hunt of the Sun."

Carradine, who was married five times and divorced four, is survived by his widow, Annie Bierman, according to People magazine.

He was the son of actor John Carradine, a character actor who had appeared in hundreds of films, plays and television episodes.

"David's career as an artist did not begin on the stage, though some of his early career was on and off Broadway. His earliest work was as a sculptor and painter," Carradine's official Web site says.

The site also includes an "Art Bio" in which the actor opens up about his life.

"I've always had an especially hard time with everything I've tried to do," Carradine wrote.

"I've made it pretty big as an actor in spite of being terminally shy. ... Invariably, I had huge obstacles to overcome in anything I tried. Had to work against my genes to achieve my dreams."

Actor David Carradine found dead - CNN.com

RIP :sad:

This guy absolutely crushed it in Q: the Winged Serpent.

carradin.jpg

Bound for Glory.

Sounds like this may turn out to be a Michael Hutchence type situation. Was it suicide or a cough cough unmentionable thing?

Either way, sad and a shame.

E! Online – David Carradine's Mental Case Still a Go(E! Online)

Natalie Finn – Thu Jun 4, 11:32 pm ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) – David Carradine will live on through his work, sooner rather than later.
Fox tells E! News that this Tuesday's episode of Mental, featuring the Kill Bill star in a guest role, will air as scheduled.

In most circles now, it's being reported that David accidentally killed himself. He was found naked with rope around his neck and genitals. A pretty shitty way to die for a man of his stature.

sometimes we don't need all the details....the press could have just said his death was accidental and let him have some dignity in a sad situation

Hard to say how sad it is or not

72 years is over 26,000 days

he could have had 25999 great days and
1 bad day

or

he could have lived 35000 days with 15000 good days and 20000 bad days,

Uh, this is very disturbing if true:

As investigators try to determine how actor David Carradine wound up hanging naked and dead in a Bangkok hotel closet with a rope tied around his genitals, a review of divorce court filings shows that his most recent ex-wife once accused the actor of "deviant sexual behavior which was potentially deadly." Additionally, Marina Anderson alleged in a sworn declaration that Carradine engaged in an "incestuous relationship with a very close family member."

Carradine's "Deviant Sexual Behavior" - June 5, 2009

There's also a conspiracy theory regarding kung fu assassins that I saw on CNN earlier today. Pretty outlandish stuff, but I wouldn't rule out Uma's involvement.

The ME that did the autopsy is the ME from HBO's Autopsy series. He has declared that David's death was NOT a suicide after performing his autopsy.

This is so sad.
I grew up watching David Carradine on the show "Kung Fu" back in the 70's and was a big fan of him. I was glad to see him comeback to acting when the Kill Bill movies came around.
What is truly tragic, is that he will be mostly remember for dying the way he was found.
Same goes for Michael Hutchence. I saw two of INXS's concerts and he was an incredible performer live.
So sad.
May he rest in peace.

It is sad. It's comforting in an odd way (to fans & family) to know this unfortunate death was not a suicide. But sexual asphyxiation is a saddistic kinky way to die. Just goes to show ya people aren't always what they seem to be, or some are good at hiding evile, bizarre "hobbies" such as Carradine obviously had. I just wish the Media would lay off the story and allow the actor and his family to put this to rest with dignity.

With all due respect to David, when you're found dead with a rope around your dick, there's a good chance people are gonna have a field day with that one.

Let the guy get off the way he wants to get off. Who gives a shit? Having a fetish certainly isn't "evile [sic]."

Hey, if it works for you, it works for you. But is a nice little orgasm, even a mind-blowing big one, worth the risk of death?

You can get off how you want to get off, but if it kills you in the process and you are even a little bit famous, please bear in mind you will be pointed and laughed at.

(And no, having a fetish isn't evil, evile or even eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil. Unless your fetish is Hitler. Then it's all three.)

Back
Top Bottom