Dancing with the Stars - Take 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe Carek is in SD. But I also think she posted last night somewhere that she knew the winner (I don't know how).

They did say the difference between first and second place was 1%! WOW!

:ohmy: Oops sorry if I spoilt anything for anyone but my PC clock said 10:00 when I posted so I didn't think it was going to truly spoil the news. I can't disclose the source where I discovered the winner but it was before tonite's show. Remember they do a majority of filming on Mondays and edit into 2 shows for Monday and Tuesday night shows. It was a very close race. I was rooting for Melissa and Tony and was shocked that Shawn and Mark won (It looked like they were shocked too). I am like Sicy so glad Cheryl didn't win. (sorry about that Gilles, you're a cool guy and a great dancer). It was really making me sick the way Cheryl was looking at him and hanging on him. Ick. I think her time should be up on the show....time to move on and let some new dancing blood take her place!

Anyway now the wait for Season 9 in September. Any bets who the celebrity competitors will be?

:ohmy: Oops sorry if I spoilt anything for anyone but my PC clock said 10:00 when I posted so I didn't think it was going to truly spoil the news.

:lol: It wasnt over until 11....

Yeah Mark seemed way happier haha.

So I dont know where else to post this, but Cheryl and Gilles were at our (her) ballroom last Friday signing autographs and what not.

My mom got a couple pics with Gilles.. she didnt want any with Cheryl :lol:

momgilles.jpg

momgilles2.jpg

Before I read your actual post, I saw the pics and thought "wow, that lady looks EXACTLY like Sicy's mom!!" :ohmy: :lol: :der:

*edited to add: lol...your mom looks like she should have little hearts coming out of her eyes in the first pic! :love:

So I dont know where else to post this, but Cheryl and Gilles were at our (her) ballroom last Friday signing autographs and what not.

My mom got a couple pics with Gilles.. she didnt want any with Cheryl :lol:

momgilles.jpg

momgilles2.jpg

*edited to add: lol...your mom looks like she should have little hearts coming out of her eyes in the first pic! :love:

I know :lol: She thinks he's so hot.. they were even speaking to each other in Italian apparently. :cute:

Just heard this on Twitter:

GiulianaRancicI hear Vera Wang is first celeb confirmed for new season of Dancing with the Stars...what do u think of that???
3 minutes ago from web

Dancing With the Stars' Len Goodman Tangos With Cancer
Today 7:36 AM PDT by Breanne L. Heldman

ABC/KELSEY McNEAL
If Len Goodman appeared to be struggling to award 10s to Dancing With the Stars finalists Shawn Johnson, Gilles Marini and Melissa Rycroft, the fault may not have been entirely in the dancing. The center judge himself was in the midst of a much headier battle than the one for the disco ball trophy.

The 65-year-old ballroom dance expert has admitted he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March, but tells Britain's Mail on Sunday the disease was caught early at an annual checkup and, after surgery, he feels "right as rain."

Rather than have the cancerous tumor removed immediately upon discovery, Goodman chose to put on a brave—if occasionally snarky—face and continue his lead judge role on the hit ABC series.

"I could have said 'sorry' and not done the show, but the doctors felt I wasn't riddled with it and it wasn't so far advanced that it was a life-or-death scenario," he tells the newspaper. "It takes a few weeks to get everything set up for the operation anyway, so I went ahead and did the show. I had the surgery done as soon as I got back from America.

"I feel good," he continues. "I was obviously worried at the start. We all worry if we get something like this."

He also admits he didn't want to worry fans or colleagues, so he kept his diagnosis to himself.

"[It was] not necessary to blabber it out to everyone," he says.

After four days in the hospital and several weeks of recuperation, the star claims the time away from his favorite pastime has been the biggest downside to the cancer scare.

"You can't play golf, which is the biggest blow at the moment." he says.

"We wish him a speedy and complete recovery and look forward to having him back for season nine of Dancing with the Stars," the show's executive producer, Conrad Green, tells E! News.

Goodman's bravery sounds like a performance worthy of a perfect score...and giant sigh of relief.

________

We think Len would give us at least a 9 for our Twittering @eonline!

Back
Top Bottom