Dancing with the Stars - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cruzila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian
New cast announced this morning on Good Morning America!

Donny Osmond (Singer)
Mya (Singer/Actress)
Michael Irvin (Retired NFL football player)
Melissa Joan Hart (Actress)
Kelly Osbourne (Singer)
Debbie Mazar (Actress)
Chuck Liddell (Ultimate Fighting champion)
Natalie Coughlin (Olympic Gold medalist - swimming)
Joanna Krupa (Swimsuit model)
Aaron Carter (Singer)
Tom DeLay (United States House of Representatives Majority Leader)
Kathy Ireland (Model)
Ashley Hamilton (Son of former 'Dancing' contestant George Hamilton)
Mark Dacascos (Actor, host of 'Iron Chef America')
Louie Vito (Pro snowboarder)
Macy Gray (Grammy award-winning singer)

This is from Sept 2006

Tom DeLay’s New Cause: Conservative Takeover Of ‘Dancing With The Stars’

When Tom DeLay announced his resignation from Congress in June 2006, he said he wanted to “pursue new opportunities to engage in the important cultural and political battles of our day from an arena outside of the U.S. House of Representatives.”

This morning, DeLay officially took up the important cultural/political battle of ABC’s reality show “Dancing with the Stars.” DeLay sent a mass e-mail to his supporters urging them to “help a good friend of mine, country music singer and GOP supporter Sara Evans,” who will be competing in this season’s show.

Sara Evans has been a strong supporter of the Republican Party and represents good American values in the media. From singing at the 2004 Republican Convention to appearing with candidates in the last several election cycles, we have always been able to count on Sara for her support of the things we all believe in. … One of her opponents on the show is ultra liberal talk show host Jerry Springer. We need to send a message to Hollywood and the media that smut has no place on television by supporting good people like Sara Evans.

Evans also sang at the 2004 Presidential Dinner, where Bush said, “I love the voice of Sara Evans.” She appears on a conservative website as “Babe of the Week” in a picture of her with Bush.

This is from people.com, about the pairings. They must really want Cheryl to lose. I wonder how they decide the pairings.

They’re ready to rumba!

The complete Dancing with the Stars lineup of professional dancer-celebrity pairs was announced Monday on Good Morning America. The list features new pro dancer Anna Demidova, who won last season’s professional dance contest, as well as the return of fan favorite Louis Van Amstel. Many of the pairings were leaked on celebrity Twitter posts and Facebook pages following the announcement of season 9’s stars.

Nobody was more surprised to find out his partner than Ashley Hamilton. The 34-year-old actor, comedian and singer-songwriter will follow in his father George Hamilton’s footsteps. He’s paired with Edyta Sliwinska, who taught his dad to dance on the show’s second season.

“My partner is a bigger celebrity than I am,” Ashley said.

Rehearsals are now underway for all 16 couples, who will hit the ballroom on Sept. 21 for Dancing’s season 9 premiere on ABC.

Keep reading for the complete list of dance card pairs.

Mya, singer, and Dmitri Chaplin
Melissa Joan Hart, actress, and reigning DWTS champ Mark Ballas
Michael Irvin, former Dallas Cowboy, and Anna Demidova
Ashley Hamilton, actor, comedian, singer-songwriter, and Edyta Sliwinska
Aaron Carter, singer, and Karina Smirnoff
Kathy Ireland, former supermodel-turned-businesswoman, and Tony Dovolani
Debbie Mazar, actress, and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Natalie Coughlin, U.S. Olympic swimmer, and season 1 champ Alec Mazo
Louie Vito, snowboarder, and Chesie Hightower
Chuck Liddell, ultimate fighting champ, and Anna Trebunskaya
Donny Osmond, singer, and Kym Johnson
Tom DeLay, former congressman, and two-time Dancing champ Cheryl Burke
Macy Gray, singer, and Jonathan Roberts
Joanna Krupa, model and actress, and season 7 champ Derek Hough
Mark Dacascos, Iron Chef personality, and Lacey Schwimmer
Kelly Osbourne, reality star, and Louis Van Amstel

I read that yesterday about Max and Karina. I'm just not interested in this season at all. None of the contestants (celebs) really interest me or make me want to watch. Maybe the whole show concept is getting boring for me who knows. I'll tune in tho.

I have one lol. But I'm lazy and I probably wont watch it till who knows when.

you missed a painful Ashley Hamilton....a painful Tom Delay....a painful snowboard dude and a super painful Michael Irvin

I predict super model Kathy Ireland will not be very good and the other model girl...and I am really afraid of Macy Gray.....:ohmy:

you missed a painful Ashley Hamilton....a painful Tom Delay....a painful snowboard dude and a super painful Michael Irvin

Aw, I thought the little snowboard dude was adorable... Aaron Carter may have danced well, but man, is he lookin' scary...

Well tonight had some surprises!

Macy did totally as expected though. :LOL:

the girls did much better than the men last night...that is for sure...and I was wrong about the other model chick...somebody Kruppa? anyway....she did alright:wink: I really thought Kelly Osbourne did just great!

Kelly was fabulous! Looks like she's really serious about doing well too. Bit worried about her mom though, she didn't seem that well.

I noticed that too....has she had a relapse? Ozzy seemed quite coherent tonight though!

Back
Top Bottom