Dancing With The Stars 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:gah: all politics aside...why are people voting for her? Last night was painfully bad. Florence was better, not much, but she didn't forget her steps. Dang Bristol wasn't even in the bottom two. :huh: next weeks two dance gig is gonna kill her.

Of course I need to give a lil shout out to the Adorable routine by Kurt and Anna. He's hanging in there :heart:

Bristol forgot her steps, Florence was just a mediocre dancer. (or should i say, walker with occasional turns) Bristol will be next to go though, barring some impressive miracle performance.

The hosts say "in jeopardy" which means that the 3 final couples aren't necessarily the bottom vote-getters. Bristol could have easily been 2nd lowest, with only Florence behind her. Because there is absolutely ZERO chance that Grey was in the bottom, they just put people there for drama I think.

How touching was that story btw??? The family from Congo :heart: I almost cried. Such a great performance by the sons :heart::up::heart:

That WAS awesome. Very sweet and cool :up:. Their mom looked so proud :).

Oh, man, Bristol dancing to the Monkees-I KNEW that's what she was going to dance to the moment I saw her in that getup! My mom is going to alternately love and hate that :p. Cute idea (surprised Len liked it, given his general dislike for cutesy, prop-type stuff) but yeah, her technique definitely could've been, um, better, to put it nicely. Wasn't even in sync with her partner half the time.

Jennifer and Derek's dance was adorable, I loved it (and funny enough, I had that song in my head this past weekend for some reason). Brandy and Kurt (my mom'll like it when I show her the song he and Anna danced to :)) were great, too. I'm thinking these three are looking to be strong contenders for the final rounds-at least, for the most part, the best dancers are still in play at this point, so that's good. But it's still a shame as to who did wind up going home.

Angela

Maybe people were turned off by the whole Greg Brady thing. Ew.

I don't think people want to see Carol Brady/Florence as a sexual being, especially with her tv son. All her talk about sexy dancing, Corky being sexy, Greg Brady being sexy...

GIVE ME A BREAK:angry: ! What were the judges on?! Bristol was told she was" ridiculously amazing"? , Rick Frankenstein Fox gets 8s !? The judges aren't even subtle about their biased opinions anymore. Even my mom who is on team Lacey/Kyle agreed Kurt did not deserve an 18 or to be the first one out in the marathon.
I've complained that they keep lowballin him but now it seems deliberate. :madwife: They want him off.

Ok vent is over

:zen:

LOL, feel better now, Outsider? I actually agree with you, though-I do think Bristol didn't do that bad tonight, she was certainly better than last week, no question. But I thought Kurt's dance was just fine, too, I wasn't getting where the low scores for him were coming from :shrug: (speaking of Kurt, it hit me tonight upon seeing him as well as Shawn Johnson in that top ten thing that there's been three Iowans on this show: Shawn, Kurt, and Cloris Leachman. That's a neat little factoid)

Kyle was quite good tonight. And Brandy's suddenly gained a bit of steam, too (and oh, dear Brooke and your obvious questions. When she asked Kyle what he did this week to try and change his streak of falling scores, he should've just responded with, "Ummm...I danced better?"). Surprised to see Jennifer flub up, but eh, nobody's perfect. But then again, some of the song choices were really odd-I truly think the song used is a big factor sometimes in how good or bad the dance comes off. My sister and I were laughing at some of what the show considered "rock"...and speaking of which, Bret Michaels? Seriously? Somewhere, Joel McHale is rubbing his hands with evil glee.

Fun "top 10" recap, even though it was obviously done to stretch out to the proper time limit. Seems if you want a shot at victory, your best bet is to get one of the Hough siblings. Nice to see some of the dances again, though-the futuristic paso is still cool as hell, and I loved Derek and Nicole's dance, too. No surprise at the number one pick, either, figured that'd be in there somewhere.

And yay for seeing Helio and Gilles again! And double yay for finding out they'll be on next week's show as guest judges. Can't believe it's the show's 200th episode next week. Wow.

Long-winded commentary over now :).

Angela

Is it just me or does anyone else get the felling that Bristol and Mark might be, um, doing the horizontal tango? Or something similar.. in that realm even if it's not all the way as an abstinence promoter would say.

He's definitely a step up from Levi. But that's not saying much :wink:

I think they are though. They've been hanging out at clubs and stuff.. and looking all 'cozy'.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the felling that Bristol and Mark might be, um, doing the horizontal tango? Or something similar.. in that realm even if it's not all the way as an abstinence promoter would say.

I've been thinking the same thing, too. Perhaps not exactly "dating", so to speak, but there are moments where they're certainly being kinda flirty with each other.

Yeah, watching a "pro-abstinence advocate" like Bristol doing some of the dances she's doing on the show is kind of...ironic?

He's definitely a step up from Levi. But that's not saying much :wink:

There's LOADS of men out there who would be a step up from Levi. I've yet to figure out what in the world Bristol ever found attractive about him.

Angela

Outsider you must be so relieved LOL.

oh my lord I was so happy :hyper: it was nice of them to announce he was safe first and that I wasn't the only one that thought he's been scored harshly and actually entertains while improving. I'm ashamed to have become so emotionally invested :lol:

That said, I am very shocked Audrina went home before the halfway mark. I guess she didn't have the fan base but it bothered me to hear Len say this was ludicrous when he bashed her yesterday and praised other mediocre performances. I like Tony and I really did think they'd make it to the finals.
It looks like the elimination melée will be between the fellas and the gals will be in the finals. I can't understand Bristols appeal at all but her voters seem to be gaining momentum which is why at this point it won't shock me if she makes it to the top 4 or 3. :|

The judges were too obvious with their scoring and I think it backfired and rattled up several fanbases to vote with gusto. Unfortunately Audrina got caught in the middle.

It is kind of shocking, but at the same time, not so much. Audrina did kind of have that "lack of interest" look about her sometimes, and she had some great moments, but also had some weak ones, so...:shrug:. Doesn't really bother me much.

By the way, on a completely different topic, was watching back some of the stuff from Monday night with my family and hearing the recaps and people talking about their disagreements: I think we should have a new drinking game. Anytime anyone storms out of a rehearsal all, "That's it, I need a break" or cries or whatever, take a shot.

Angela

Bristol was lucky to get to stay another week. Poor Audrina. She had her good moments but was lacking that "performance". I was thinking that Kyle dude with Lacey would get the boot. Maybe next week, we shall see. I'm hosting a DWTS watching party at my house next week to celebrate their 200th episode! :cabbagepatch:

The 200th episode was fun. I was disappointed with the whole "recreate a dance". The guest judges were cool but they shouldn't have scored. The guests shouldve all given 10s so they'd cancel each other out :giggle:

I'm not a huge fan of either brandy or Jennifer but they're clearly the best technical dancers. I can't believe the 3 main judges gave Rick fox scores that matched the ladies dances.(except lens 10) Seriously? :huh: They really love him and I honestly don't think he's as good as the judges make him out to be :shrug:
Although I adore Kurt to death and I thought he improved,Especially in the group dance, I think he might be voted off before Bristol :sad:...wait...that thought makes me :madwife:
Kyle is hilarious. I think he'll be fine.

LOL, yeah, the guest judges weren't too critical with their scoring :p. Ah, well. It was indeed a nice celebration episode, and I rather liked the "recreate a dance" thing as well. It was fun watching this season's contestants step into some classic dance shoes. I think Brandy and Maksim's dance was the best of all of them, they did a great recreation/reinterpretation of the original (which was awesome, loved seeing it again. Also just want to say that Gilles is very sexy. Yeah).

Rick has had his off and on moments-he was fantastic in the group dance at the start, and I liked his energy and fun he put into the dance Helio originally did. But I think the original dance was overall much better :).

Bristol didn't do too shabby tonight-she was stronger in the group dance than the individual one, but definitely a step up from recent weeks. I do agree, though, I don't see her lasting much longer. Hopefully Kurt'll stick around for a bit, but who knows, the show does love its shock moments.

And Kyle seems like a really nice kid. His faux abs were cute :laugh:. I've enjoyed watching him over the weeks, I hope he sticks around for a bit longer, too.

Angela

I enjoyed last nights episode. It was fun to see the previous contestants come back and have the dancers recreate their dances.

I just don't get the judges and their over the top praise of Bristol. She's not horrible but her legs are just so stiff (do her knees even bend?) and she just doesn't look as natural as the others do. Maybe I do get the praise-the show wants to keep her on. Last night was the first night I voted-for Jennifer. I only did the phone because I was too lazy to get up and turn my computer on.

I hope Cheryl stayed away from Drew Lachey :shifty::wink:

:lol: I was lol'ing at Eliza Dushku coming in and being all smooshy with Rick in front of Cheryl as if to say 'bish back the f up off my man'

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom