CW Plans 90210 Spinoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read that Tori Spelling said in her book (which I haven't read but I want to, and I watch her show :reject: ) that Jennie and Shannon actually came to physical blows at one point. Shannen just doesn't strike me as a leopard who has changed her spots..maybe though, who knows. :corn: :wink:

There was also this:

Vanessa Marcil wanted to leave the series before the final episode, allegedly after growing tired of the cantankerous behavior toward her on the parts of costars Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling. Brian Austin Green--whom Marcil later became engaged to and with whom she has a son--was the only member of the cast she became close with, leading to a time when Green would not speak with Garth or Spelling.

It starts on Sept 2nd

Rob Estes is in it too :drool:

I also read that Tori supposedly wasn't offered the same money per episode that Shannen and Jennie were so she might not do the show. Who knows if that's true or not.

I read that Tori backed out of doing 90210 over money matters. Why would they not pay her the same as Jenni or that horrible Shannen D? We'll see if the series is any good soon enough. I also watch Tori and Dean on Oxygen or catch up with the episodes on my cable's PPV channels cuz you can watch them uncut and no commercials, back to back episodes :up: Tori's not talking or responding to questions about 90210. I'm glad. Why should she?

I like what Jennie Garth said the other day, that Tori should get paid the same if not more since her father was the one who created the show.

I agree and why wouldn't they pay her the same anyway? That's strange. I grew up with this show and will definately be watching but I'm sure there will be no comparison to the original. Spin offs never come close.

For what it's worth, Jennie and Shannen claim there was never any fist fight. I read the cover article/interview in this week's Entertainment Weekly and found it fairly interesting.

I saw bits and pieces of the original series as it was on, but now have the urge to watch them all on DVD. Hellloooooo, Netflix! :reject:

I lol'd to see Liz Phair's names in the credits for "music."

So far, I am greatly entertained. Jessica Walter! :love:

I laughed at the crack about Andrea & Jesse's kid looking to be about 30 ... but are we really supposed to suspend our disbelief that this Naomi person is having a "not-so-sweet 16 party?"

Sixteen? I know it's a running joke that teens on TV look a lot older than their real-life counterparts would, but that actress looks far older than Gabrielle Carteris did as Andrea Zuckerman.

Sixteen! :lol:

I missed it! :scream: (I've always wanted to use this smiley but I've never found the appropriate time until now)

How was Jennie? Was she in it a lot or did they focus more on the new, younger cast people? Also, just based on seeing Jennie in interviews, I really don't see her as the type of person to get into fights and stuff. She seems like a genuinely sweet person. Purely speculation, of course. But I love her.

She was fine - she's the school's guidance counselor, and one of the young kids is her younger sister. ... half-sister? I don't remember the family lineage that got so intertwined ... didn't Kelly's mom and David Silver's dad get married and have a kid at some point? I think it's supposed to be their daughter.

Really? Andrea looked about 58 at the beginning of the show.:lol:

This chick definitely looks more glam than poor Andrea ever did, but my GOD, does she not look 16.

I really like Shenae Grimes - she's so pretty. Nice to see her on something other than Degrassi.

She was fine - she's the school's guidance counselor, and one of the young kids is her younger sister. ... half-sister? I don't remember the family lineage that got so intertwined ... didn't Kelly's mom and David Silver's dad get married and have a kid at some point? I think it's supposed to be their daughter.

You're right. They have the same mom, different dads. Kelly's mom and David's dad got married. Kelly was mortified. After a while David's dad had an affair with his dental assistant and they got divorced. By the end of season five, however, they are getting back together. Remember the episode where David is all cracked out and loses the baby in the park? Classic.

I caught it almost immediately when Erin sat down and said her name then quickly added that she likes to be called Silver. We totally high-fived each other on the couch and yelled "it's Erin Silver!" because we ARE that nerdy and into 90210.

I own all the seasons so far on DVD (season six comes out November 25th)

One thing I missed, though, did they say who the father of Kelly's baby was?

They definitely didn't say and are totally making it a big tease. I think I read earlier this week that Luke Perry had no interest in coming back to the show. Have we heard from Jason Priestly about the new show?

If not, I bet it's him. ;)

I watched this last night.

It was heinous....soooooooo bad, OMG. Rob Estes couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag if he tried.

Naomi (is it?) looked not a day younger than 30.

I wonder if it'll even last a season.

I'm a geek. I watched. Kelly told someone on the phone, "He's been asking about you" and later told Brenda that Brandon had been calling. She also said Brenda hadn't been around much since the baby was born. So I assume Brandon is the father, but they could throw a curve-ball.

I don't think Brandon is the baby's father. But then there could be ome twists and turns up ahead. Not sure if the show will last. I really wish Tori was going to be on it. It would be fun if every couple episodes another former cast member would be on the show. There's got to be a way to connect a lot more of the new cast with the original cast. It'll be interesting. I'll continue watching.

I watched the season premiere. It wasn't that bad. The only thing that was bad was Shannon Doherty. She has not aged well at all.

Also, the lady who played the Kansas kids' grandma was a riot, but her fuckin' eye was bugging the shit out of me.

Yea that scene was funny when ole Grandma comes waling in on the boys playing Playstation with her drink in had mid-afternoon and gives them the idea about the pigs that her own son had done years ago. And now he's a high school principal. :lol:

I watched the season premiere. It wasn't that bad. The only thing that was bad was Shannon Doherty. She has not aged well at all.

And the cute little gap she used to have in the side of her teeth has somehow moved to the front.

That really freaked me out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom