Could you get rid of your TV ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abycka

The Fly
Could you get rid of your TV ? I did about 2 months ago because I like no shows on there, I use the internet for all my news and entertainment.

Do you think i'm crazy ? would you ever do this?

I watch very little television, but I could not get rid of it, mostly because it's the only way that I watch sports.

I've thought about this very question. Yes, I could get rid of my TV. I'd get over it. I'd have to have something else to spend my TV time on. But there's more and more full length TV shows available on the internet so soon who'll need a TV anyway? :shrug:

Absolutely. I watch very, very little tv and could easily ditch it entirely. However, I also take care of my aunt who is mentally disabled, and she does enjoy tv. So I keep a set for her and keep it on when she is awake. But if I lived alone I wouldn't bother with it.

...however, you'd have to pry my computer out of my cold, dead hands. :wink:

I prefer music these days, but I'm a routine-y sort of guy, and despite the fact I only have about five or six channels, there's plenty of shows I watch.

Having said that if I'm away from a tv for periods it really doesn't concern me, same with the net too

I should clarify that I don't watch tv programs on my computer either. I do sometimes watch YouTube (and similar sites), but for live music clips and occasionally old music videos, not for regular tv stuff.

Back
Top Bottom