Corey Haim passes away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
LAPD: 80s Teen Idol Corey Haim Dead at 38 - latimes.com

LAPD: 80s Teen Idol Corey Haim Dead at 38

KTLA News

March 10, 2010 | 5:45 a.m.

LOS ANGELES -- Actor Corey Haim has died at the age of 38, the Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed to KTLA.

Haim died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an apparent accidental overdose, according to the LAPD's North Hollywood Division.

He was found unresponsive at an Oakwood apartment, near Burbank, police said.

His mother was at the home at the time.

The actor, who has struggled with drug addiction, was pronounced dead Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank, police said.

Haim was a teen heartthrob in the 80s and appeared in several movies, including "The Lost Boys" along with fellow teen idol Corey Feldman.

jeesus! sorry sorry , its just coincidental I was looking at some of his old work recently - Prayer of Rollerboys/License to Drive - okay so he never had a HUGE successful career but he was classed a bit of a hearthrob back in those days, oh yea!, ......and I read he suffered/fought a lot of drug addiction. Now I read this.......bit of a shock.

wow, RIP Corey..........too young! :|:|:|:|:|

“my own brother, a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire. you wait ’till mom finds out, buddy!”

/lost boys’d
//pours one out

Wow... sad. But somehow I'm just not surprised anymore by these types of celebrity deaths. Seems to be a regular occurrence these days. :(

I just woke and heard this on the morning news. I'm a bit spooked cos last week I was wasting time on IMDB and I looked up his profile, after not hearing about him for years. RIP.

On the Comcast home page yesterday, there was a headline about his death that said something like "Friends shocked, say he was 'extremely healthy'."

I don't think anyone with a long-standing drug addiction should be considered in any way "healthy."

On the Comcast home page yesterday, there was a headline about his death that said something like "Friends shocked, say he was 'extremely healthy'."

I don't think anyone with a long-standing drug addiction should be considered in any way "healthy."

either his friends are denying it completely, or denying he was unhealthy, or maybe they on stuff themselves.

:huh:

but you get that said with many unforeseen deaths....the family/friends say 'she/he was so happy'

:|

unfortunately with celebrity deaths it seems that everyone is either blind,deaf and dumb or just enablers who can't say no to this person or won't step up to help them.. Or won't do the tough love thing that they need. I know it's not an easy thing to do whether it's someone famous or not but it would of been the right thing to do. However, some are so far gone that trying to help accomplishes nothing because most don't want the help..

As said, we have seen this a million times, sad, tragic and unfortunate... It is so common that we have become almost desensitized to it.. Quite depressing actually.:|

unfortunately with celebrity deaths it seems that everyone is either blind,deaf and dumb or just enablers who can't say no to this person or won't step up to help them..

I'm sure this is the case with a lot of celebs, but the person who's addicted has to want to get help as well. Family and friends can talk to them until they're blue in the face, but if that person is an adult, they can't make them do anything.

I'm sure this is the case with a lot of celebs, but the person who's addicted has to want to get help as well. Family and friends can talk to them until they're blue in the face, but if that person is an adult, they can't make them do anything.

Yes, this is true too.. as I said when they are too far gone (i.e. not wanting the help) then there is nothing anyone can do.

I'm really have no idea, but isnt $20000 more than enough to cover all the expenses??

Back
Top Bottom