Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
While we wait, here's an uber-talented fan's Inspector Spacetime movie poster mock-up.

AiSlwHeCMAAfny1.jpg

There's another flash mob happening soon in LA. I'd encourage any west coasters here to go, but flash mobs are the worst.

NBC Universal television produces "Whitney" but not "Community" so the network is more going to give that terrible show more of a chance because it can make more money off of it.

Haven't seen "Whitney". But judging from the commercials, I agree, between the two I think it's pretty freakin' obvious which one should be saved.

NBC entertainment chief Bob Greenblatt on Friday kicked off the broadcast networks’ segment of the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena by almost immediately fielding questions about Community‘s MIA status from the midseason schedule as well as the acclaimed if undersampled comedy’s long-term fate

The fact that that was the first thing he had to address should probably have told him something about how popular the show is.

Is there any sort of a petition or something that fans can sign? Anything that can be done to get their attention? Other shows' fans have done that sort of thing before.

apparently a new thread was all that was needed to pull Moonlit_Angel out of retirement. :cute:

apparently a new thread was all that was needed to pull Moonlit_Angel out of retirement. :cute:

:) :hug:. Unfortunately, my lack of internet interaction was not of my own choosing. I moved back in April, and it took a while before my mom and I could get the money together to put a computer in our place.

But thanks, though. I have missed this place and the people, and missed talking about this show as well. I hadn't heard about the hiatus until Joel mentioned it on "The Soup" one night, and I was like, "Whoa, wait, what?!" And I didn't have the internet to go right to to get the details. I just kept flipping through TV/entertainment magazines at work to see if there was any more to the story.

(Can I say too that it's throwing off my schedule to have "The Soup" on Wednesday nights now?)

another thing i suggest is buying the past two seasons on dvd, if you haven't already. i know dvd sales has saved shows in the past, and at the very least i figure it shows my support the best way possible: with my wallet.

plus it enabled me to be able to see season two already since who knows when it'll air in nz, since they're still showing season one over here. jesus christ. yet we get fucking america's next top model days after it airs in the states. lamesauce. i still watch the shows over here too because i don't know how that shit's recorded here (like viewership i mean), but i figure if there's any way they can tell that i'm watching it, they'll know people like it.

but yeah, if there's some petition going around i'll fucking sign that too. i don't want another arrested development.

jesus christ. yet we get fucking america's next top model days after it airs in the states. lamesauce.

Ooh. I'm sorry.

Agreed on the DVDs. I've got both of them. And I watched the show every night when it was on thus far this season, and if I had to work, I just taped it (and taped it on a VHS tape. We don't have DVR).

Hunt down any petitions you can find, there are a couple there.

another thing i suggest is buying the past two seasons on dvd, if you haven't already. i know dvd sales has saved shows in the past, and at the very least i figure it shows my support the best way possible: with my wallet.

plus it enabled me to be able to see season two already since who knows when it'll air in nz, since they're still showing season one over here. jesus christ. yet we get fucking america's next top model days after it airs in the states. lamesauce. i still watch the shows over here too because i don't know how that shit's recorded here (like viewership i mean), but i figure if there's any way they can tell that i'm watching it, they'll know people like it.

but yeah, if there's some petition going around i'll fucking sign that too. i don't want another arrested development.
This is exactly what I did. I never buy seasons of TV, but I bought Community and Parks and Rec in hopes it would help the cause.

Hmm. That could be fun. I particularly liked the article where the cast was each mentioning all sorts of things coming up for the show in general, looking forward to seeing that stuff, too.

Damnit, I cannot WAIT for this hiatus to be over. Just tell us if the show is definitely going to be safe already, people!

That new Chelsea Handler sitcom is sitting at a 34/100 on Metacritic. Community's return, therefore, is imminent. :hyper:

Please, a show not being "good" means jack shit. It's all about ratings.

And you know how it is with the masses and crappy TV.

Don't get me wrong - I hope it tanks, because I find Handler hugely unfunny. I hope it goes down and takes Whitney with it.

Virtually every show with Metascores in the red get canceled in their first season though. Let's face it, there's no way Whitney would have been given a full season order had it not had The Office as a lead-in. This new Chelsea Handler show is getting reviews much worse and both shows have no real lead-in. I would be shocked if either managed to hover around a 2.0 in the demo and get renewed.

Back
Top Bottom