Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The feed crapped out on me right around the time Gillian was about to do her dance, so I missed the last bits of it.

I did see the mentors question, though. Yeah, everyone kinda wound up going off on a whole other tangent with that one :p. Yvette was about the only one who actually even really answered the question properly.

I can't wait for March 15th, either. Counting the 15th, only twelve days to go :hyper:

The panel was amazing! Everyone on the cast seems to really like each other, which was so nice to see. Dan Harmon was a little annoying, I would have liked to have heard from the other producers and more from the cast but he dominated most of the evening.

Those of you who watched the stream, did you get to see the new episode as well?

New episode was great. They showed it before the panel discussion. Maddy got the limited edition poster signed by Joel, Gillian, Yvette, and Danny. She got her pic taken with Danny too, and posted some pics (Danny and Ken making out) on Facebook. I'll have to remind her to post some here.

Apparently there's going to be an episode that takes place inside the Dreamatorium?

Yes, absolutely yes. :yes:

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

New episode was great. They showed it before the panel discussion. Maddy got the limited edition poster signed by Joel, Gillian, Yvette, and Danny. She got her pic taken with Danny too, and posted some pics (Danny and Ken making out) on Facebook. I'll have to remind her to post some here.

Agh, you're so freaking lucky! Very cool! I'd love to see the pictures if she's willing to share some :).

BoMac, ooh, neat, thanks for the link! I'll have to check out the NBC website, then.

Saw the trailer while watching "The Soup" tonight. Watched it again online.

Your thoughts are mine: :hyper: *Flails* Did I mention I can't wait? 'Cause, you know, I can't.

I don't know what's going on in the scenes with the school in total chaos and any relation to Chang, but that part has me particularly interested. As do the scenes from what must be the aforementioned "dreamatorium" episode.

Loved the cartoon, too. Britta's e-mail address is awesome, and Pierce's comment at the end...oh, dear god.

Also, Tamagachi???? :lol:

Holy shit, that trailer kicks ass. Wow.

Only this show would put together something like that to advertise for upcoming episodes. I wonder who put that together/edited it. Great job, whoever they are.

The whole thing had me enthralled, but what actually made me laugh out loud was Chang putting that taser gun to his balls. It's the little things sometimes.

Gillian's delivery of the baby line is magnificent.

and then dressed like Helena Bonham Carter: "how long does peyote last?"

So good & bad news.

Bad news:
No paintball episode.

Good news:
Law & Order themed episode.

Bad news:
No paintball episode..

The last paintball episode was a two-parter and one part of it completely sucked. Dan Harmon felt the same way when he went over all the episodes from last season in that lengthy Onion interview. There's no way they would have (or should have) continued the concept.

Agreed with both of the above comments :). Hopefully the "war" episode Joel mentioned in that link will match up to the infamous paintball wars.

Thanks for that link, dsmith. Man, that "Law & Order" episode is getting so much buzz, I can't wait to see that one! And Troy and Abed trying to be normal? Oh, dear.

Also, I found this to be kind of an interesting coincidence:

From a post of mine from over a month or so ago:
I actually had a dream last night where "Community" was back on TV and I was watching it. I can't recall exactly what the plot was, but it involved Shirley quite a bit.

Quote from the link:
"The first episode back, Malcolm Jamal-Warner returns and it's a Shirley-centered episode.

:hmm:

More new goodies:

Interview with Joel and Alison about the upcoming shows. My god, they're too cute for words together:

[VIDEO] Community Stars Joel McHale and Alison Brie Reveal Season 3 Spoilers -- Spoiler Alert!

First off, "Everybody Chang Tongue tonight!" If that's not across the internet in days I'm going to be truly shocked. Second, I'll be one of the few people who will be sitting and watching "Community" on an actual TV set at the actual time it comes on. I don't have the DVR setup, and I still like watching my shows on TV. But I'll certainly watch online, too, in case it helps (and just 'cause I'd like to watch the episode again, too :)).

And the second part of the webisode thingamabob:
TVLine Items: Homeland and Harry's Law Cast News, Jersey Shore Meets Pop-Up Video & More! - TVLine

it's cool that they're not doing another paintball episode. on one hand it was cute how it had become a thing each season, but i'd rather them stop before they got boring or repetitive.

If the show gets picked up for a fourth season, and makes it to the end, I'd be pretty surprised if they don't do another paintball episode.

A lot of "ifs" in that sentence, and a lot of wild speculation obviously, but you know what I mean. Just a hunch.

it's cool that they're not doing another paintball episode. on one hand it was cute how it had become a thing each season, but i'd rather them stop before they got boring or repetitive.

I don't know, it's all about the construct I think. If they can come up with reasons for having a paintball fight (and these writers are pretty goddamn good) then they just have to pick a movie/genre to rip off (zombie, western, star wars) and away we go. They could definitely pull off another one in my opinion.

The last paintball episode was a two-parter and one part of it completely sucked. Dan Harmon felt the same way when he went over all the episodes from last season in that lengthy Onion interview. There's no way they would have (or should have) continued the concept.

I'd really like to hear your take on this. Because from what I saw they were both unanimously praised.

'The concept' became tradition, that's why it's a little disappointing that it won't continue, though it'd be hard to after last year. But there's no way one of them sucked, both episodes topped the original.

I just re-watched the Christmas Glee episode as we gear up for next week.

The fact that I actually enjoyed a musical episode of a TV show is the greatest credit I can bestow upon it.

Plus, Britta in a unitard is the hottest thing I've ever seen on television.

tumblr_m0ak3f4J121qbggmro1_400.gif

Btw, this is from @jujujulieta, who they mentioned several times in the Paley Fest panel. She does all this awesome fan art, and is worth following, if you can handle tweets every two minutes (and I can, when most of them are about my favourite show on television).

I would be delighted if the paintball episodes completely stopped. I hope the point is ingenuity and creative inspiration, not re-hashing the same things that worked before. That's not to say they shouldn't try a paintball-style detonation of the "ordinary" episode concept, but doing it a 4th time is really treading familiar ground-I thought the last two episodes pretty much expired the notion.

We've had three paintball episodes, and they've probably been the best three episodes of the show, in my book. Why would a fourth one be totally awful? I think TV critics get waaaay too up-their-own-asses, at times. See this week's AV Club review of the latest Parks & Rec ep; I had absolutely none of the problems that reviewer did. Yet it took up 90% of the review.

Back
Top Bottom