Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Modern Family, but not nearly as much as in its first season, when it felt a lot fresher. It feels a lot more "obvious" now. But I still enjoy it.

Last night, the Whitney/Chelsea block on NBC netted a 1.4 for in the key demo for both shows. If they slip any further, we'll get a Community announcement real soon. :up:

modern family is great fun. a bit obvious, but pulled off well imo.

in listening to some of the dvd commentaries, i can't believe the producers see the office as a rival. didn't that stop being anything after season two?

Season Three is fucking awesome. So is a lot of season four.

Even seasons five and six had plenty of moments better than most of the other shit on TV.

After hitting a series low 1.6 in the demo last week, 30 Rock plummeted even further to a 1.3 this week. That time slot is just absolute death considering that shows have to go up against both American Idol and The Big Bang Theory which are the #1 and #2 shows in the demo currently, I believe. Big Bang Theory in particular has been hitting series high numbers lately.

Furthermore, Up All Night slipped to a 1.8 despite having The Office as a lead-in (although it should be noted that The Office also fell to a low last night as well). Anyway, this is some good news for Community fans after Whitney/Chelsea did surprisingly well two nights ago.

hay, yvette just tweeted this:
We are finishing our 22 episode S3 order. 2 eps to go. The 10 or so eps you haven't seen will air at some point this spring. #Community

I love how it's turning out that Community's ratings were actually really good for its time slot.

How did I not know that Dean Pelton wrote the screenplay for The Descendants??? Is this something that was discussed for 10+ pages in this thread (or the last one, seeing as how we're only on page 7) and I just completely missed it?

I don't recall any discussion on it, no. I'd only heard about his involvement when reading reviews around the time the movie came out, and Joel mentioned that fact on "The Soup" once, too.

I've not seen that movie. I take it it's good?

I actually had a dream last night where "Community" was back on TV and I was watching it. I can't recall exactly what the plot was, but it involved Shirley quite a bit. And I remember liking the show, too. So, that made me rather happy :).

Well, it's up for about a gajillion Oscars (including best screenplay), so take that as a 'yes.' :wink: I'm hoping to see it this month.

Haha, yeah, doesn't surprise me, the reviews were pretty much fawning over it and I've heard good things, but it always helps me to hear from someone who isn't a professional critic, too :p. But if Jim's involved I'm certainly willing to believe it's worth seeing.

I hope you get to see the movie at some point. I'd like to hear what you think if you do.

I said the same thing to another Human Being buddy yesterday. Being included has to bode well for its return.

That NBC video was great. Even the shows you don't watch on that network are clearly of a high enough quality to be worth passing the time with...so weird that they're doing so many solid shows and only The Voice seems to be much of a ratings success for them this year.

Community is the show I can watch again, and again, and again and it will still make me laugh every time. Six seasons and a movie! The most important thing to note about this is that I don't become a fan of many TV shows. I just have a select few. I think TV channels need to abolish the "ratings/viewers" system they have right now. Some people cannot watch during the time slot so they watch on Hulu or record shows with a DVR or watch them online. This affects the "ratings/viewers" but it does not mean a show is not successful. If I recall, Big Bang Theory struggled in the first couple of seasons and was almost cancelled. Now it's huge (and I don't even like that show after the first season, I think it's just repeating itself because it ran out of content).

the season wrapped up production this week. shows you how far behind schedule they were last year; I think they didn't finish until mid-March or so.

I'm really worried about how the season finale was written since it could end up being the last episode. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom