Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:16 AM
That would be fun, definitely . Hopefully, any ideas they discussed that haven't been done by this point on the show can possibly be used down the line in later episodes.

Alison talking about Joel and "Mad Men" makes me think he should do some sort of guest spot on there. And I say this still not having seen any of the show (but having a general idea of what it's about). That could be really interesting, I bet.

I just love how appreciative they are of their fanbase and everything. There's a good support system on both ends, which is really refreshing in today's TV climate. And I liked the commentary on some of the more funny moments of "Community"-everyone's reaction to the infamous pool playing scene, for instance .

Alison seems to be very cool with her male fanbase .

Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #77
45:33

Local Time: 05:16 PM
The thing that shits me about the ratings is, if all these other shows are rating badly (and everything is going to against BBT), why not just stick with Community?

Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Probably because it costs more to produce than the Whitney Cummings/Chelsea Handler shit.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #79

Ah. Right. Didn't know that.

Crazy listening to some of the commentaries how stressful it is to make at times, and how costly. Harmon was saying he had to pull something like $3k out of his own pocket just to get the rights to Dancing Queen in the s2 Halloween episode?
Old 01-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #80
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

yeah, and the special openers for some eps like the d&d one for example, i think he had to pay for those too.

yet how many millions does the ceo get for an annual bonus?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Again, it makes me sad to be happy that 30 Rock is doing just as poorly, but it bodes well for Community's return.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Yeah, it's tough. I've not seen "30 Rock", but I know it's beloved and I don't want its fans to see their show be hurt.

But any signs of hope for "Community" are always indeed welcome . At least we know they'll finish out this season sometime. I just want an actual return date already, that's what's driving me the most nuts right now.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:16 PM
If 30 Rock were cancelled, I'd be a goner. My life would be an empty pit of sadness.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Probably because it costs more to produce than the Whitney Cummings/Chelsea Handler shit.
That's part of it. Also, Community's ratings are slightly below the average of NBC's shows, so you can't blame the network for wanting to try out other ones that could presumably perform better. I do think it doesn't take half a brain to realize that these awful new sitcoms would fail, but I guess NBC sees how this laugh track shit does so well on CBS that they figure it would be a hit on their own network...which isn't the case.

Granted, if you chucked Whitney on CBS, it would certainly get like double the numbers. While Modern Family on NBC would be lucky to get half of what it does on ABC. It's kind of a problem where a certain type of show is helped by having similar ones around it. For that reason, NBC is probably the best fit for Community since it's such a niche show that it would have been canceled immediately on any of the other networks since none of them really have anything quite like it whereas NBC has 30 Rock, The Office and Parks & Recreation. While all four of those are very different shows from one another, they do share a similar quirky sensibility that has helped them all survive together rather than quickly die if they were scheduled alone.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

ABC does nothing for me as a network. Hardly any good shows, all their sports have been moved to ESPN, and their news coverage is completely irrelevant.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, I don't find any of their comedies to be all that funny. Modern Family is one of the most overrated shows in television history as I can see every joke coming from a mile away. Those shows probably look a hell of a lot better after a critic has to watch a few episodes of Rob or Mike & Molly for a review, I guess...
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

I've only seen bits of "Modern Family" here and there, and I liked what I saw . We still watch ABC, but only for, like, 2 shows anymore, one of which is something my mom likes ("Desperate Housewives"). Our channel loyalties are sorta haphazard .

I really can't believe a show like "Rob" will exist on TV, if only briefly, but I keep reminding myself that no, I shouldn't be surprised. I'd just love, for once, to be in the room with the people who pitch these ideas and the people who greenlight them. I can only imagine how bizarre it would be.

It is strange how NBC can be so goofy with their TV decisions, because they've had a history of some really notable series on their network.

Incidentally, Joel threw a bit of a remark at NBC (and Chelsea Handler) tonight on "The Soup".
Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Mod Fam is a great show.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #89

Seconded
Old 01-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Modern Family is one of the most overrated shows in television history as I can see every joke coming from a mile away.
But I thought I was the only one!