Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Senor Chang was awesome, ever since season 1 they really haven't known what to do with him.

He was great in the first season, when he wasn't a regular and had something to do other than being the second most annoying person on NBC.

i remember seasons one and two more than three (what we've seen of it at least) just because i've got the former on dvd, but his constant trying to finagle his way into the study group got rather tiresome to me. it just seemed like they made him obnoxious and outlandish just for the sake of it, rather than for any legitimate reasons.

But there was a point in season two were all of us were singing his praises every week for his entrances/reveals (black elf, oiling himself, etc). Not to say I would be shattered, because he has been a bit of an ill fit, but I still love watching him.

hay, yvette just tweeted this:
We are finishing our 22 episode S3 order. 2 eps to go. The 10 or so eps you haven't seen will air at some point this spring. #Community

What wonderful news to return home to :)

But there was a point in season two were all of us were singing his praises every week for his entrances/reveals (black elf, oiling himself, etc). Not to say I would be shattered, because he has been a bit of an ill fit, but I still love watching him.

Agreed :). A lot of shows go through a period where they're not sure what to do with certain characters, especially in the first season or two, so it doesn't bother me all that much. He could change yet again down the line, too, and everyone could love him again. Who knows?

What wonderful news to return home to :)

Definitely. Now I just want the friggin' return date *Stomps foot*.

Good to have you back in this thread :up:.

Anyway, the recruitment of yet another intriguing guest star for a show you’re still not able to watch suggests yet again that Community wasn’t actually put on hiatus, but rather somehow diverted to another timeline where its cultural cachet is such that it’s a nexus to which all smart and talented people naturally gravitate. Or rather, a timeline where it’s that, but also enough people watch it instead of The Big Bang Theory. How do we break into that timeline?

Good question!

I feel kinda bad for these guest stars, they come on this show and have fun and help increase their own profiles and stuff...and nobody's getting to see it.

Whenever we DO finally see these shows, I'm very interested to see how these homages to other shows and guest stars and such work out.

Considering he filmed this week and the season wraps today, if they wind up doing paintball again, we could get a paintball episode with Gus Fring and Omar Little. Holy shit.

At the very least, we need to see Gus eating some of Greendale's famous chicken fingers.

In ratings watch news, the awful Chelsea Handler show dropped to a 1.4 in the demo whereas NBC is averaging about a 1.6 at the moment (I think). Whitney, on the other hand, is still managing to tread water. Give it another month though and both shows will be barely above 1.0 and waltzing towards the cancellation bin, methinks.

30 Rock was down to a 1.4 last night in the demo from last week's 1.6....remember that Community averaged around 1.6 in the Fall according to something I read on TvByTheNumbers recently. Parks and Recreation shot down to a series low 1.7 and The Office hit a series low 2.2. I don't think it's just the timeslot competition that's making things hard for NBC on Thursday's, but that The Office is bleeding viewers at an alarming rate. Because that show anchors the night for the network, everything falls with it.

Oh, also, that new show Up All Night dropped to a series low 1.5 in the demographic which is pretty low considering it has the best possible comedy lead-in on NBC's schedule.

So damn excited for this:

Community

Saturday, March 3, 2012
7:00 pm PT
Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills
In Person

Dan Harmon, Creator/Executive Producer
Russ Krasnoff, Executive Producer
Neil Goldman, Executive Producer
Garrett Donovan, Executive Producer
Joel McHale, “Jeff Winger”
Gillian Jacobs, “Britta Perry”
Yvette Nicole Brown, “Shirley Bennett”
Danny Pudi, “Abed Nadir”
Ken Jeong, “Senor Chang”
Jim Rash, “Dean Pelton”
Alison Brie, “Annie Edison”
Plus additional guests to be announced

#SixSeasonsandaMovie. Our beloved Community—one of the most formally daring, richly layered, and emotionally satisfying comedies ever to grace the small screen—faces an uncertain future. Please take this opportunity to join us in showing Greendale and its most exclusive study group some love as the cast and creative team convene to discuss the making of the show, the use of “Britta” as a verb, and the mysteries of Chang. If you’re any kind of Human Being, you’re already part of this community of slightly lost souls finding acceptance and purpose in the unlikeliest of places…no, not Cougarton Abbey. Attendance at this event counts as extra credit. Diorama optional.

For those in the NYC area, the Paley Center is doing a viewing party the night of the LA panel that sounds so fun. More info here.

They really need to do some sort of event like this here in the middle of the country :scream:.

Sounds like a fun event. Lucky anyone who goes to it.

I don't think it's just the timeslot competition that's making things hard for NBC on Thursday's, but that The Office is bleeding viewers at an alarming rate. Because that show anchors the night for the network, everything falls with it.

I think that's definitely a likely explanation. Especially given that Steve Carell's left the show-many viewers that had been watching up to that point have likely left because "it's not the same" (and it's not, from the few episodes I've caught).

I personally have never cared about things like "lead ins" and "blocks" of programming or any of those other tricks networks use to try and keep viewers around-if I like a show, I'll watch it, even if that's the only thing I watch on that network. But I am not most viewers :p.

Oh, also, that new show Up All Night dropped to a series low 1.5 in the demographic which is pretty low considering it has the best possible comedy lead-in on NBC's schedule.

That's not good, either. And kind of a shame-I haven't seen that show, but I know it's been getting decent reviews.

It just sucks that shows have a harder time sticking around nowadays. I've heard stories from decades past of shows that were near death, some of which didn't have much of a chance before they even aired, and yet they were given another try and wound up being classics. I know the TV viewing landscape has changed drastically since then, but still, it'd be nice if some of today's shows got that sort of old-fashioned "second chance" every now and again.

Following the peeps behind the scenes on twitter is a goldmine. One of them just tweeted this:

519419711.jpg

:lol: Nice.

So I found this somewhere else, and I'm just going to leave it here:

Rumoured March 15 Return date in its same time slot.

Here's the rumoured plan:

-Community will air non stop from March 15 til May 24 (Thursdays @ 8)
-30 Rock will move to 8:30
-Parks and Rec will go on Hiatus until April 19th where it will take Up All Night's post "The Office" 9:30 slot

Sources unconfirmed, apparently they are reliable

:hyper: Fucking FINALLY.

Back
Top Bottom