Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #676
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
iTunes? Torrents?
I'm not going to buy it. And I no longer use torrents since demonoid went away.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #677
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post

I'm not going to buy it. And I no longer use torrents since demonoid went away.
DVD?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #678
Blue Crack Addict

Sorry, I meant on iTunes. Or dvd at this point. Blu all the way. But it did finally show up on demand, so I watched it. It was okay.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #679
Blue Crack Addict

Haha. Yeah if it ever comes out on blu ray...
Old 02-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #680
45:33

Finally got the chance to watch it.

Didn't really like it. Maybe the first episode of the show that I can say that about. The entire time it felt like they were trying to cram five minutes of stuff into 30 seconds. I felt like I was watching it on fast forward. The plot made little sense, there was no substance whatsoever (first ever time that's happened on this show?), jokes didn't make me laugh. Troy & Britta felt extremely fake, which sucks, because the build-up was great to watch in season three. For a moment I thought NBC had actually added a laugh track, and was momentarily horrified, but Abed's TV show annoyed me because it didn't make any sense or relate to anything, though Fred Willard was good.

I liked Troy's joke on the wars (Star Wars, thumb wars) and the scene with Dean moving in next door to Jeff made me laugh, but yeah overall, damn.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #681

Worryingly, in every review I've read, it seems the consensus among critics on the third episode is that it is far worse than History 101.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #682
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:06 PM
I hadn't heard that comparison, but yeah, it doesn't seem to be getting strong reviews. Guess we'll see next week.

I liked tonight's episode. Felt a little more like regular ol' "Community".
Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #683

Yeah, that was much better. Nice callback to Chang's "fire can't go through walls" line.

Although you can see the difference between Harmon's Community and the new one. Take Jeff talking about Annie being his ring girl - when she crawled in he then explained why she did it wrong, which is something that never would have happened previously.

Still, Alison Brie looked amazingly hot.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #684
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Solid, well put together episode with some good laughs. I also thought the Pierce/Gilbert stuff played well and Jeff calling his dad was a really great moment.

Will say though, the "here's the deal, Jessica Biel" and "no sweat, Boba Fett" gag is getting really old.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #685
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I thought it was a funny episode. Megan Ganz is really good with the Jeff/Britta interplay; she wrote the Documentary episode with "Jeff Winger's dumb gay dad". I'm just no longer invested in where the characters are going, so Pierce/Gilbert and Jeff's dad kind of whisked past me.

Following up my awesome complaint last week about the blocking, Pierce's house felt like a converted laser-tag soundstage. Obviously that's what the budget can handle now so there's not much point in harping on it, though.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #686
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Will say though, the "here's the deal, Jessica Biel" and "no sweat, Boba Fett" gag is getting really old.
I apparently was not paying close enough attention at spots, then, 'cause that totally passed me by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Although you can see the difference between Harmon's Community and the new one. Take Jeff talking about Annie being his ring girl - when she crawled in he then explained why she did it wrong, which is something that never would have happened previously.

Still, Alison Brie looked amazingly hot.
Yeah, that seems to be the big complaint so far-the way the characters are acting at times. And I can agree with that to some degree. All I know is that she actually startled me when she crawled into the room like that-thanks for reminding me of that creepy well scene, Annie!

And speaking of hot...Jeff's boxing getup. Guy's clearly been working out. That is all.

Also, I agree with Imperor, I loved the whole thing with his dad, too-the ending was really nice. I'm curious to see how the episode involving him finally meeting his dad will play out.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #687
Blue Crack Addict

Season premiere really was a stinker. Damn.

The Halloween ep was a lot better, though. Britta's ham costume is the shit.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #688
The Fly

Local Time: 03:06 PM
This used to be a good show. Keywords: used to be. I think they are trying to match Harmon's wit and perverse sense of humor, but it lacks the charm. Plus, I thought Chevy Chase was fired from the show? I was excited that they had hired Fred Willard to take his place instead, but it was all a dream... in Abed's head.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #689
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I rewatched Football, Feminism, And You tonight. Troy and Annie are great characters, Pierce has to use his business experience to develop the Human Beings mascot, the Dean makes his first official appearance to the group as a vaguely unsettling man, and Shirley and Britta have meaningful bathroom adventures. And the camera usually sits a bit further back, showing more of Greendale and the set.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 AM   #690
Blue Crack Addict

I like that episode, too. It's kinda fun to go back to the first season and see how the characters have developed and changed since then. I've been in the mood to rewatch some old episodes myself-think I'll be doing that at some point this weekend.

Also, tonight's episode? I don't know where people were freaking out about how bad it was...I liked it . The talk between Jeff and Annie at the end was sweet, and it's interesting to see Britta and Troy actually together now.