Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #631
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:29 AM
I haven't done a direct comparison against season 3 to check this, but after watching the first 3 episodes of season 1 again it feels like the direction has definitely changed over the last several years. There used to be a lot of outdoors shots of the campus, and frames where the main characters were just one face among several students in, say, Senor Chang's class. There are definitely more overt Characters now in Greendale that fits the conventional idea of expanding the setting (like the Simpsons' Springfield), but I gotta say I liked that minimizing effect where the study group was simply a weirder group of normal students, not the front of a whole posse of misfit souls. I think the last episode of season 2 kind of rubbed me the wrong way for that reason.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:45 AM   #632
45:33

Local Time: 09:29 PM
And yet in seasons two and three we got far more storylines out of other characters (Magnitude, Fat Neil, Vicki, Starburns, the Dean, etc) than in season one.

I cannot wait for season four but I didn't realise that it was not just Dan Harmon who's left but also Neil Goldman, the Russo brothers, Chris McKenna...

Old 10-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #633

Commentaries... what a surprise, Dan Harmon doesn't like the video game episode. I love that one.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #634
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:29 AM
I liked that one, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
And yet in seasons two and three we got far more storylines out of other characters (Magnitude, Fat Neil, Vicki, Starburns, the Dean, etc) than in season one.
Which I also liked. Of course, with any show I like I tune in to see the main characters first and foremost, but it's always nice when a show can expand beyond those people and create some entertaining side characters as well, and create a weird, strange entertaining world for everyone. You need something to help explain why the main characters act and react the way they do half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I cannot wait for season four but I didn't realise that it was not just Dan Harmon who's left but also Neil Goldman, the Russo brothers, Chris McKenna...
Yeah, whole mess of good names up and left. Which is sad. It is a shame that Harmon left, given that his unusual vision was what helped get the show going to begin with, but shows change showrunners all the time and he wasn't the lone reason why the show worked-it was him in connection with the writers coming up with creative, fun, crazy stories, and the cast being talented enough to bring all those ideas to life. So all those writers leaving were what actually bothered me the most, along with Chevy's little rant.

It stinks the show's gone through so many stumbling blocks in the last year, with the hiatus and the fights and people leaving, 'cause up to that point the show may not have been a ratings bonanza, but it was getting great buzz and was one of the more respected shows on TV. But there's still a few old writers around, if I recall rightly, and the cast seems pretty intent on keeping the spirit of the show intact (aside from Chevy's occasional grumblings that pop up in the news). So that certainly helps, and hopefully this new season can try and work on moving past all those struggles and go back to just being the great show we know and love. We'll see in a couple weeks how it all pans out.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #635
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Okay, so scratch the "couple weeks" thing.

Community Season 4 Whitney Season 2 premiere postponed - TVLine

...sigh .
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #636

Fuck you NBC. Fuck you.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #637
Blue Crack Addict

It'd be hilarious, the way that network does things, if it weren't so pathetically sad.

Hopefully they will indeed wind up moving the show to a night where it might do better once they "figure out this ratings stuff" with the new shows, or whatever BS reason they have, but given this network's track record and the bizarre way they seem to handle things, I'm really not holding my breath.

Anywho, so that's just the cherry on top of an already bummer day in general, so yaaaaaaaay.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #638
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Presumably if NBC wanted to ditch the show they'd have just burned it off anyways on Fridays, even without any promotion. So I'm not sure it's a bad thing.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #639
Blue Crack Addict

That's what people are pointing out, and that's certainly true and worth being hopeful about.

I'm just tired of the show getting messed with so much, basically, is all. And maybe instead of taking on god knows how many new shows, some of which are going to likely fade away before the year closes out, maybe the network should've focused on taking care of what's already on there, this show included, and maybe limited the amount of new shows they added to the lineup, or something.

I dunno. Maybe that would've helped, maybe not, but it couldn't be any more frustrating and crazy than what's currently happening.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #640
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
And maybe instead of taking on god knows how many new shows, some of which are going to likely fade away before the year closes out, maybe the network should've focused on taking care of what's already on there, this show included, and maybe limited the amount of new shows they added to the lineup, or something.
shhh, don't talk common sense. you'll just confuse nbc. they need to keep following the mitt romney financial plan rather than do anything that would save money.

if they nbc were a person, they'd probably have shopped a lot thinking it was helping to prevent the recession, and then only paid off the minimum balance on their credit card thinking they'd pay off that $30k balance in a couple years. yeaaaah.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #641

Damn, apparently fans on twitter just now tweeted a fake episode using #Darkest401 and it trended across America. Cool cool cool.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #642
Blue Crack Addict

The loyalty of the fanbase is strong.

Also, this video came out today and it's funny and actually rather sweet.

[VIDEO] Community Season 4 — Troy and Abed Explain Oct. 19 Premiere - TVLine

And there's some veiled remarks about NBC in it as well, which makes me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
shhh, don't talk common sense. you'll just confuse nbc. they need to keep following the mitt romney financial plan rather than do anything that would save money.

if they nbc were a person, they'd probably have shopped a lot thinking it was helping to prevent the recession, and then only paid off the minimum balance on their credit card thinking they'd pay off that $30k balance in a couple years. yeaaaah.
That's a spot on analysis.

And hey, look, I was right-they've already got a couple new shows in trouble/cancelled. Gee. What a surprise.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #643
ONE
love, blood, life

New "Choose Your Own Adventure" style Halloween game.

Community TV Show Series on NBC: Horror Picture Show
Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #644
Blue Crack Addict

Just watched the pen episode from season 2. However the trampoline and Halloween episodes previously were freaking hilarious
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #645
Blue Crack Addict

I love that episode, that's one of my favorites.

The Halloween one is awesome, too. Their holiday episodes in general are always entertaining. Glad you're enjoying the show.