Local Time: 09:18 AM
Community - Curriculum Unavailable - Video - NBC.com

Old 05-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
what i don't get is how nbc thinks cancelling pretty much all of its thursday night line-up and replacing it with brand new shit (though they might shift other shows to thursday, who knows) will somehow magically fix things.
Well, the problem for shows like Community and 30 Rock is that crap like Whitney gets identical numbers in the demo despite having no lead-in and no other big comedy draws on Wednesday (whereas those other shows still benefit from The Office). Most new comedies that NBC airs will probably bottom out (at worst) to the 1.4 demo that Community and 30 Rock were constantly hitting or going under this season. And with virtually every network show posting year-to-year declines, NBC has nothing to lose with the new shows. If any of the new shows can pull Parks and Recreation type numbers (1.6-1.8 in the demo), that will automatically be an upgrade.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #498
45:33

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
There was something the cop said when he brought Abed back that made me laugh, and now I don't remember what it was. it was some random reference to something. Maybe the Comicon line, but I think there was something else.
"Walk to your cars in pairs tonight. Rape's up eight per cent." ?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #499

Community - - "Sexy and I Know It" - YouTube
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #500
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:18 AM

I was wondering if anyone would tie that song to the show. Brilliantly done, that video.

On a sidenote, that song now makes me think of a hilarious "Today" clip involving Kathie Lee and Hoda that "The Soup" showed on Wednesday.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #501
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
"Walk to your cars in pairs tonight. Rape's up eight per cent." ?
That might have been it. Now I'm wondering if it had just been the Comicon reference. Oh well. I'll just stop wondering and say "that whole scene was funny."
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Community is tee'd up for Fridays at 8:30pm this fall, following Whitney and proceeding Grimm.

Doooooooom

but it's not being held for midseason, though, so there's a tiny imaginable chance it gets the back 9 picked up.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #503
Blue Crack Distributor

How the fuck did Whitney get renewed? I thought there was already talk of her not coming back next year?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #504

You know, I haven't read anywhere that the fourth will even be the last season.

But 13 eps and a move to Fridays is probably not a great sign.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

There might be a simpler reason there have been continued questions about Dan Harmon continuing on for Season 4:

Link
Quote:
NBC chief Bob Greenblatt has just confirmed what's been an open secret in Hollywood: While Community has been renewed, lead producer Sony Pictures Television has not yet signed creator Dan Harmon to a new deal to exec produce the new batch of episodes. Harmon only signed a one-year deal when the show was renewed last spring, and insiders tell Vulture there haven't been any intense talks just yet. Greenblatt said he's aware Harmon isn't signed, but said he doesn't know details: "I've been so busy looking at our new shows and putting together the schedule, that hasn't come to me yet," he told Vulture. (Universal Television, overseen by Greenblatt, is a co-producer of Community). So what happens if there is no deal? "Shows lose showrunners all the time and do well," Greenblatt said. "We have to figure out at makes sense. I don't have a specific answer for that yet." Gulp.

Meanwhile, Greenblatt also explained why Community has been shifted to Fridays. It turns out it's all about Grimm. The latter drama has done decently on Fridays at 9, where it's often the top show on Fridays among viewers under 50. Putting scripted shows in front of it, instead of reality, might boost ratings even more. Plus, "Both [Community and Whitney] have core audiences that seem to travel with them," he said.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #506
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i think moving to fridays is a decent move. personally, it'll be the only thing i'll have to watch on fridays. i don't think i've watched anything on fridays since the days of the abc shows i watched as a kid - we're talking full house, etc. but i'm sure 99% of people who watch community do so because they like it, not because they just like what's on before. the ratings it gets will seem a lot better on fridays.

plus moving it to fridays could mean they'll pick it up for the full season (or at least add enough to guarantee its syndication viability). plus i gotta be honest, now it won't be at the same timeslot as big bang theory so it's one less show i need to dvr because of me liking two shows on at the same time. i'm sure everyone who likes community thinks bbt is dreck, but i like it.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #507
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:18 AM
I liked BBT until season 4, then it got old for me. It didn't help that the vast majority of my friends found the show to be unbearable (I have really, really nerdy friends and they found the show to be an insult and exaggeration, tough crowd). I think Community not competing with BBT will really help with the show's ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Never before did I realize how often the characters in this show stripped...
Old 05-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #508
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I noticed that, too, when watching the video.

Not exactly complaining about that, though, mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i'm sure everyone who likes community thinks bbt is dreck, but i like it.
I don't mind the show, either, at least, the few episodes I've seen of it. My friends really like it, and I've seen some episodes when I've gone over and they've put on the DVD of the show. Between it and "Community", my loyalties will personally side with the latter, but to each their own . Also, if "Community" comes back midseason, or if it does come back in the fall and get a full season pickup, it won't be up against "Idol" results, either, which might help a bit.

Still, though, it's odd that the show's been moved to Friday, given that Thursdays are often NBC's comedy nights. Makes me wonder what they'll put on Thursdays, then? And I don't know how scripted shows will work as lead-ins for "Grimm", but hey...*Shrugs*.

I'll happily watch it no matter what night it falls on, though, of course. Just hope the fanbase remembers the switch in days. That's a problem sometimes, too, when a show gets moved, people forget and find themselves saying, "Oh, yeah, it's on this night now!".
Old 05-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #509
ONE
love, blood, life

The Friday thing will probably end up being temporary. The entire schedule will change when football ends, and space will open up on Thursdays in spring with either "30 Rock" closing out early or other shows getting shelved.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #510
Blue Crack Addict

Forgot about football season being part of the TV mix there. Good point. It will be nice to not have the show competing against that.