Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gobsmacked. Still no Troy or Pierce (obviously), with Hickey also out and Duncan unlikely.

Despite feeling that the show took another nosedive post-Troy, those first few episodes were a return to form. I've still got enough goodwill to the show to check out season 6 initially.

But man, this show would have been legendary had it been axed after season 3. That season was inconsistent for sure, but it had a fittingly bittersweet finale and REMEDIAL CHAOS THEORY.

I didn't even end up watching the rest of season five. I just lost my passion for the show after all the rubbish that occurred after season three ended.

It was pretty lame by the end. You can kind of split the season into thirds: episodes with Troy were good, episodes after he left were still good but would have better with him, final few episodes where it just got bad again.

It really did feel at first that they'd got back the initial season 1-2 tones, even when Jeff and Duncan were competing for Britta. Dunno what happened after that, seemed like they ran out of time when DnD came up again.

I like that its somehow got to six seasons, even if at this point I would have preferred other shows to instead.

I thought the quality of Season 5 was pretty consistent actually. It was a pretty good comedy rather than a lame one like in Season 4...still a far cry from the first three seasons though.

I thought the quality of Season 5 was pretty consistent actually. It was a pretty good comedy rather than a lame one like in Season 4...still a far cry from the first three seasons though.

This, very much so!!

Sent from my PS4 using U2 Interference

Alison Brie on Comedy Bang! Bang! tonight. Think I'm generally over the show, but her and Lizzy Caplan two weeks ago have made me stick around.

They can get him back for one episode, probably (or that potential "movie"), but they'd have to know that it was the actual end of the series. I don't think Mr. Glover wants to come back for a season finale and then have the show get renewed by Atom Films a month later.

The new season started today! Is there anyone still interested?

I liked the opening two episodes well enough. It's become completely absurd but that was already the case last season of course.

i'm really not sure what to think of it. it took a couple eps for the netflix incarnation of arrested development to grow on me, so i'm still gonna watch the entire season. but so far there's more ehh parts than good ones.

It definitely drags a bit like the Arrested Development Netflix episodes...there's a lot of unnecessary extra run-time since Dan Harmon doesn't have to cut anything for broadcast, but it's lead to a lot of jokes and scenes that run-on whereas the NBC installments were crazy tight in terms of zipping from one beat to the next.

I've liked the episodes though. They're funny enough, but kind of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to the older seasons' 30 Rock...there's some big laughs, but the jokes don't land as often as its predecessor and the entire thing is a lot more annoying and kind of a chore, even if the vibe is still similar.

I don't see Yahoo! having much monetary success with this other than drawing attention to the fact that they're trying to create television content. I mean, the audience is narrowly limited to the couple million people that still care enough about this show and from there dwindles to the amount left that will actually manage to seek it out. Yahoo! will enjoy the press and attention and probably launch some bigger series, so I'm assuming this is the end of the line for Community. I can't say there's much of an artistic reason for it to be drawn out any longer.

the b plot between dean and jeff was pretty chuckle-worthy, i'll admit. the main plot would've been a lot funnier if annie hadn't been so randomly weird. all told though it's the best of the three from this season so far.

The Virtual Reality stuff in the second episode was all amazing for what it's worth, even if the rest of those two episodes was pretty forgettable. I'll be watching the new installment tonight.

Sooooooooo...I never actually finished Season 5 and never even started Season 6. I pretty much stopped watching when Donald Glover left.

I'm catching up now and it's been so satisfying. Yes, it's true, I do believe Britta Perry is one of my favorite TV characters of all-time. Kinda forgot how much Gillian Jacobs makes me laugh. I'm falling in love with the show all over again.

We have been steadily watching! Finished season four last night. It's really good for the most part! I actually don't recall when I tuned out, I suspect it was at some point during season five when Donald left, but I didn't remember the bulk of the latter episodes of this season. It also felt super short (yeah just checked, only 13 eps). But I really thought it was great for the most part. Intro to Knots was probably the series' nadir thus far, just really boring, but I enjoyed the Abed/Troy switching places episode and felt it was quite touching once the bit was revealed, I really enjoyed the finale despite its stupidity and total suspension of reality, the origins episode was fantastic. My only problem with this season (and parts of three) are that the writing for several characters got sloppy. They really, well, Britta'd Britta, reducing her to a dumbass psychology hopeful, and that gag was insanely overused (I enjoyed the episode with Jeff's dad aside from Britta's involvement in it, which was probably the worst thing I've seen in this TV show thus far), Pierce stopped getting any decent exposition (which I recall at the time was due to a range of off-set issues with him being a prick). There was a fair reduction in most of the characters to caricatures at times, and a lot of jokes being overused, which was a shame, although for the most part I felt the show hit a lot more than it missed.

Interested to see how I view the final two seasons!

Watching this show for the first time and I can't agree on season 4. That was excruciating to watch. And the premiere for season 5 was possibly worse.

2>1=3>6>5

Season 2 is the GOAT. Season 1 takes its time to get going like most shows, whereas season 3 has a messy dip in the middle. Highlights of each balance out. Season 5 nosedives post-Donald. While season 6 doesn’t have an episode with WALTON FUCKIN’ GOGGINS it’s also more consistent and finds a new rhythm pretty quickly.

I’ve almost purged the gas leak year from memory, it’s irredeemable. The body swap ep is a highlight that would be a lowlight any other year. The finale is staggering in its epic clusterfuckness, it’s fascinating in a how did this get made way. Megan Ganz, who basically steered the ship that year, apologised onTwitter right before it aired. It’s incredible they got Dan Harmon back for two more seasons.

Anyone been listening to The Darkest Timeline podcast with Joel and Ken btw?

Just went back and read the first few pages of this thread, allllll the way back during the mid-season 3 hiatus 8.5 years ago. Funny how it felt so big at the time and now enough time has passed for it to be making a Netflix comeback.

I last did a rewatch in 2016 straight after finishing season 1 of Love, needed more Gillian Jacobs. Should really do another one.

Back
Top Bottom