Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It wasn't bad, and it had some good laughs (loved the Magnitude origin). I found some of the Star Wars stuff problematic and wildly incorrect, but other than that I don't think this episode warranted nitpicking.

That was fine but his thing about Chewbacca and Yoda didn't make sense, which brought out the SW nerd in me.

How would Chewbacca tell Yoda "hey, I know these guys" when his only interaction with Yoda was pre-OT? Maybe I'm getting the line wrong, but it seemed very un-Abed. I'll watch it again at some point to make sure I got the line correct.

That most recent ep was good. Some nice callbacks, like "I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me" and Don't You Forget About Me. And the Magnitude thing was awesome.

That was fine but his thing about Chewbacca and Yoda didn't make sense, which brought out the SW nerd in me.

How would Chewbacca tell Yoda "hey, I know these guys" when his only interaction with Yoda was pre-OT? Maybe I'm getting the line wrong, but it seemed very un-Abed. I'll watch it again at some point to make sure I got the line correct.

Yup, I also picked up on that immediately. The writers fucked that up terribly.

Chewie and Yoda never see eachother in the OT. Awful mistake by the writers there.

But Annie and Britta looked great, and some of the "origin story" gags worked pretty well.

I've never seen Star Wars so obviously that didn't bother me, but if I was a fan I'm sure I would have found that very frustrating given the series' reputation for attention to detail.

I'm on the west coast so I have no idea what's happening, but apparently twitter is melting down about tonight's season finale. It sounds like a brightly glowing radioactive Chernobyl of an episode, which means I'm treating it as a must-watch.

Well it started out with Pelton calling his signature a "Dean Hancock," so there's that little nugget of awful.

I'm on the west coast so I have no idea what's happening, but apparently twitter is melting down about tonight's season finale. It sounds like a brightly glowing radioactive Chernobyl of an episode, which means I'm treating it as a must-watch.

I think I might have to check it out, too. WHY COMMUNITY, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

so that happened.

Let's be positive. Positive positive positive. OK, here's what I like: I dislike (damn it) the Darkest Timeline stuff in general principle, but at the same time I loved that Joel McHale and Alison Brie were able to play more broadly. One of my favorite parts of the Dreamatorium episode was how Brie played the Fake Annie voicing her subconscious thoughts. Just felt fresher.

The Jeff and Annie characters are so boring now, and the actors have natural charisma that's buried under the tight straightjacket of what each character is allowed to be.

Troy's lines about soda were good. It's not that the writing staff isn't funny, it's that Guarascio and Port were completely unable to steer the ship in a useful direction, dragging everything down.

I didn't think it was the worst thing ever (I didn't hate it like I hated the puppet episode), but it was pretty bad.

Although, I did love the one-armed evil Jeff appearing Terminator style. That was pretty great.

^Well, that is a thing.

As for the finale, I definitely don't think it was bad, just unbelievably mediocre. The whole time all I could think about was how the show spent so long building under the guise of Harmon et al, and what his finale would have looked like. You can bet it would have been much better, much more emotionally gripping than that. Grave disappointment.

The renewal... I'll be watching, and I hope it gets better quickly. If not I might have to check out.

Dan Harmon ‏@danharmon 7m

Returning to Community, Day One: Hiring of directors hindered by an apparent promise from Sony to Jason Alexander. My deal: not yet closed.

tweets

Guys, how real is this?

Because if he actually fucking comes back. Holy shit. Party at my place. I'll get the keg.

This would be one of the best pieces of news in the history of TV. No exaggeration.

I guess Sony doesn't give a shit now that they're syndicated

Dan Harmon ‏@danharmon 2h

RT @dpeanutbutter: @danharmon GIVE US A STRAIGHT ANSWER! ~ Yes yes yes! I'm back I'm back I'm back. You can thank @joelmchale.

Wow so duh, this is kind of a weird turn- and seasons 3, 4, and 5 will now be kind of a controlled experiment.

I don't even know what to say. This is seriously some of the best news I've ever heard.

Season 5, LET'S FUCKING GO.

Do they have a full season ordered?

13 episodes, I think. That takes them to 97 episodes.

So why was Harmon asked back? Harmon mentioned in that tweet that we can thank Joel McHale for his return, which squares with what I've heard from people close to the show: several of the castmembers weren't happy with the season 4 scripts and pushed Sony for Harmon's return. Given that — and given that the ratings actually decreased without Harmon, suggesting that "Community" was never going to resemble a broad-based hit no matter who was in charge — I can see Sony deciding to appease both their stars and the fans, and perhaps enhance the show's afterlife on DVD, streaming, etc.
link

haha, jesus they're really dumping on Guarscioawerio and Port from all directions aren't they? Kicked out after a season because the cast thought your scripts were too shitty.

Amazing news. Hopefully they pull a Dallas and just retcon the latest season out of existence (or at least continuity).

Back
Top Bottom