Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Much as I love Britta's chemistry with Jeff and Troy in particular, I gotta say, I rather liked the little romance she had going with Subway guy tonight. Loved the scene where everyone was listening to the tape of the little tryst they had in the fort .

Wonder if the rest of the group is going to start taking sides in the fort wars? Jeff seemed like he was happy to just stay out of the whole thing at the end there, but the others? Will be interesting to see how that plays out next week.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #317
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:50 AM
"I think everyone should be forced to read 1984"

is fighting Annie's explanation of what she had to stay in the sleep lab & her Jane Austen line as my favorite lines tonight.

I don't like what they're doing to Troy & Abed but I have a feeling it'll just make their relationship more mature in the end, and all best friends fight.

"Microphones in lipstick, lipstick in microphones"

"It was called Britta, Unfiltered"
"Oh I get it"
"Get what?"

There was so much going on tonight, & some great moments from Magnitude, Leonard and Garret make it all the better. I'm hoping we get some Vicki next week. "VICKI!!!!"

Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 AM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I like the Troy/Abed thing, myself. These two have had probably the tightest bond of anyone on the show, and so to see them upset and fighting with each other is quite interesting.

I liked all the stuff about sleeping in the study lab, too. I liked when Leonard and the other people were taking the pillows from that couch Jeff was resting on and he was protesting it.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #319
45:33

Local Time: 01:50 AM
Who is Kim?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #320

Also, Pierce has been awesome all season. First the ink pens and then "sorry, whorewomanship. I forgot it was the 90s."
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 AM
I was just looking up record lengths of stuff.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #322
ONE
love, blood, life

Absolutely, Pierce has quietly been the unsung MVP of this season.

"It's also a mini-flask"
Old 03-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Absolutely, Pierce has quietly been the unsung MVP of this season.

"It's also a mini-flask"
Who also may be leaving the show! Revealed in a spectacularly awkward interview between a huge-fan reporter and Chevy, who doesn't give a shit:

Link
Quote:
I have creative issues with this show. I always have. With my character, with how far you can take [Joel McHale's] character ... just to give him a long speech about the world at the end of every episode is so reminiscent. It's like being relegated to hell and watching "Howdy Doody" for the rest of your life. It's not particularly necessary, but that's the way they do these things. I think it belies the very pretenses that his character, Jeff, has, that he's giving these talks. They're supposed to, in some way, be a little lesson to people who watch sitcoms ... to that degree, I can't stand sitcoms.

But we all love this show because it's not the typical sitcom.

I'm not really gonna buck you all up a lot and say that this is the one, the one that tells it innovatively. It is what it is. I would like to see it go further. I think, if you know me and my humor over the years, you know that this is certainly not my kind of thing. I probably won't be around that much longer, frankly.

What's wrong with sitcoms? As fans, we like getting to spend time with these characters and actors every week.

If what you do in life is perform to open up eyes and minds, to make people laugh, then it better damn well be new! It shouldn't be just a repetitious 'Hey, I'm still here!' For what purpose? You're getting all this exposure -- I've seen too much exposure of too many people who just stink. That's not what it's about. I don't think I'll be back on this show again, frankly, between you and me. Depends on what happens. We'll see. I think I've already given away about as much as I can as this character. This is the only time I've ever had to act every week in the same clothes and as the same character, and I don't find it particularly enlightening. It's not teaching anybody anything. If I can sneak in and get a laugh here or there, I'll do it, but for the most part, I'm sticking to the script, because that's what I've been asked to do.
this is sort of out in the ether right now; apparently Chevy walked off set on the last episode of the season. Dan Harmon responded by calling him out in the season 3 wrap party, and Chevy then left an angry voicemail on Dan's phone, who then played it for Harmontown.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #324

Chevy's like a human fro-yo.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

btw, whatever happened to Michael K Williams (Omar)? I didn't think he'd end up being a one-off character.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #326
ONE
love, blood, life

Yeah I was disappointed by the lack of MKW this season.

Re: Chevy Chase, yeah go ahead and burn the one success you've had in over 20 years, I'm sure the opportunities are just banging down your door right now.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
btw, whatever happened to Michael K Williams (Omar)? I didn't think he'd end up being a one-off character.
Good question. Wonder if he'll pop back up again?

As for Chevy...so, if he hates sitcoms, and finds this work so bothersome, then why exactly did he take on the role in the first place?

It'd be weird to not have him around to do battle against the group, but at the same time, if he's that unhappy with the job, well... It'd be interesting to see what the show would be like without him.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #328
Blue Crack Distributor

The only reason I'd want Chevy/Pierce to stick around is because my fear is that no Pierce would equal more Chang.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #329

Hmm. Without Pierce there'd be lightning everywhere.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #330
ONE
love, blood, life

I love all of the Greendale 7, & it'd be weird for any of them to leave at this point.