Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, the web page I saw about the three fer also said NBC is going to announce the fall lineup on Monday, so there we go.

Am I seriously the only person in the world who doesn't mind Chang?

Nope :). I don't have a problem with him, either.

I'd heard that, too, about the fall lineup being announced soon. Fingers crossed, then, here's hoping.

And on the note of the final few episodes...well...I saw this little grouping of photos online recently:

Community Season 3 Episode 20 Photos - TVLine

Joel's outfit in some of them. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...:lol: :shifty: :drool:.

cobl04 said:
Am I seriously the only person in the world who doesn't mind Chang?

The whole point of the joke was someone that off kilter having some power, and the irresponsibility of hiring someone like that. Ever since he lost his job, he's been mostly annoying with only occasional moments where the character redeems itself.

Finally saw Thursday night's episode (I was out and had to record it). Loved it! I knew they were going to get expelled eventually because it was in the trailer for the return of season 3. If I recall it hinted at them somehow coming back, though. One thing I've noticed lately though is that the writers have gotten a little lazy with character development. Not sure if this is in relation to the show possibly being cancelled or just writers not writing well.

Actually, the web page I saw about the three fer also said NBC is going to announce the fall lineup on Monday, so there we go.

Fingers crossed. I love Community and would cry a river if it was over :(

I might be wrong about the announcement coming today. The AVClub says network upfronts are actually next week, so.....

In the meantime, TVByTheNumbers says as Community is right on the network average rating, it's more likely to be renewed than not.

I've heard rumors that if Community is renewed, it will be for its final season. None of the rumors seem to have any weight, google searches just show gossip articles with no sources and lots of speculation based on no facts.

I'd be okay with that. Wish HIMYM had done the same (maybe not after four, but six was probably enough).
qft

community can only go on so long; it's not like they can stay at greendale for six years. and the fact that they'd all go on to the same university or whatever seems implausible. granted the show's title has a double meaning so it could work outside of a school, but since they're rarely shown outside of school i'm not sure it would work, or that the writers would want to attempt it.

qft

community can only go on so long; it's not like they can stay at greendale for six years. and the fact that they'd all go on to the same university or whatever seems implausible. granted the show's title has a double meaning so it could work outside of a school, but since they're rarely shown outside of school i'm not sure it would work, or that the writers would want to attempt it.

It would be like moving Friends out of the coffee shop or the apartments. It's alright for "special" episodes, but it just wouldn't have worked from season to season. With Community I always thought it would be four seasons, maybe with a "movie" (extra long episode at the end that lasts maybe an hour). However I'm uncomfortable with the four season notion if they're going to do in the fourth season what they're doing in this season.

I was having a talk with my friend (huge community fan) about this the other day. It just seems like the writers have been going for a lot of ideas and then ditching/dropping them instead of working on complex overarching themes. The fight with Abed and Troy ended almost as if they were like "okay we don't know what to do with this so wrap it up in one episode" (though I did like the end of it). Evil Abed went absolutely no where. I lot of random stuff is coming out of no where and they keep dropping it from episode to episode. :doh: I have no idea what is going on with those writers. I like the occasional comedic episodes with no character development but not when it's every episode.

Sometimes I feel like the characters have even been acting out of character lately.

I read today that NBC will announce its full schedule this Sunday, but it could be Monday. Either way, by Monday morning, Community's fate will be known. :up:

I've read rumblings that although renewal for it is more than likely, it may receive a shortened season order along with 30 Rock and Parks & Rec.

It would be like moving Friends out of the coffee shop or the apartments. It's alright for "special" episodes, but it just wouldn't have worked from season to season. With Community I always thought it would be four seasons, maybe with a "movie" (extra long episode at the end that lasts maybe an hour). However I'm uncomfortable with the four season notion if they're going to do in the fourth season what they're doing in this season.
yeah, exactly. we've already had one or two episodes that mostly took place off-campus already (i can think of the storyline with pierce's mom in the lava lamp and the episodes in troy, abed, and annie's apartment) but not whole seasons. plus it'd mean new sets, and i can't imagine they'd let them build all these new sets, or even just one general hang-out place like their own central perk, just for one season.

i've heard rumours about the abbreviated season too, and i hope it's not true. granted i'd rather get a shortened season than no season, but it seems silly to stop so short of the number of episodes they'd need for syndication. i heard the rumoured amount was ~13, and that would bring it about eight short. it seems pointless for sony to fund a new season but stop so short of being able to get some money back. at least for 30 rock and p&r, they've been around more seasons so i'm sure they're both already at the required number of episodes.

Bomac this news is as of yet unconfirmed as far as i can tell and the article sourcing sounds sketchy. Not saying it won't happen but I'm wary.

30 Rock renewed for a final season

That the news about 30 Rock came out while Community and Parks are still unannounced tells me that no decision has actually been made yet, otherwise...they'd just announce it already. I looked up OpposingViews, and it's just an open submission web site.

Obviously, negotiations will be down to the wire. Sony will want to produce as many episodes as it can for syndication purposes and NBC will want to lower their fees as much as possible (especially if they end up producing more than 13 new episodes). I wouldn't be shocked if they ran through the weekend, but NBC is probably going to want to have everything tied down by Friday evening so they can sort out the schedule.

I'm sure we'll get another season, so the only question is how many episodes it will be. Only way we get more is if somebody else picked it up for a fifth season which I find rather unlikely.

Alan Sepinwall (fat dude who did one of the Community panels, hit fix), says on twitter he trusts his source... which is saying 13 episodes.

What a fucking crock of shit. I hope NBC loses more viewers with whatever garbage they're going to replace the Thursday night block with.

Yeah, that's pretty much the end-of-the-line. Only way it gets more episodes is if it manages to do a lot better than NBC's new comedies so the network gives it a back order for more episodes. That's highly unlikely given that the new shows will surely premiere out of the gate to much higher numbers than Community will have and it wouldn't be shocking if they leveled off at the same numbers or better.

It seems like this just punts the syndication aspect a few months down the line. No real s5 expectation, but if the ratings are even just mediocre come October I would not be surprised to see a few more eps picked up and basically paid for entirely by Sony.

That will put them in an awkward position though won't it? Like they'll write and shoot 13 episodes thinking that's it, have a finale, then all of a sudden they get more?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom