Community: This Is The Darkest Timeline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also you gotta love how much Britta contributed to this episode, with no dialog.

I didn't even notice she didn't have any lines, because I was too busy being happy over the limited use of Chang. He should appear in short, funny shots or jokes only.

I loved the Changlorious Basterds joke, but thought that the explanation of the joke was weird. I'm guessing they knew the audience didn't need the explanation, but ..... it was needed for a PBS documentary? I didn't get why they added that.

Also liked "That's EnterChangment."

/saying something nice about Chang

Time to get worried again?

Across- the- board season and series lows for NBC's originals. Community sagged four tenths to a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating and 30 Rock was down three tenths to a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. Up All Night was down two tenths to a 1.1 adults 18-49 and Awake was off a tenth to a 0.9 rating.

Granted, Community was the best performing show of the night yet again (and that's despite having the most competitive time slot). Still, those numbers are all atrocious and it's clear that The Office being in reruns is starting to really take its toll (as if absolutely sucking this year (and last) wasn't enough to make people turn away altogether from the lineup).

I think the big worry comes from the fact that if all these comedies are doing about equally poorly, then Community is perhaps the worst off since NBC/Universal doesn't produce it.

Also of note, South Park earned a 1.5 last night and reruns of Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory on cable earned a 1.4 and 1.3. Poor NBC.

I think Community's safe, they know they can't launch a series to save their lives, they won't kill all their established programming, and Sony will likely give NBC a great deal like they did with Chuck so they can have more episodes for syndication (remember just before it came back a syndication deal was inked with Comedy Central).

Now, it'll probably get horrible placement and no promotion, but I doubt we don't see a senior year at this point. Though 'six seasons and a movie' is highly unlikely.

Yeah, I can see this show going for at least one more season, if for no other reason than to properly see Jeff graduate and see the others move on to do whatever else.

I'd LOVE it if the show lasted a bit longer than that, but if we get at least one more season, I'll be happy.

Also forgot to mention the other night-I like Fat Neil being on the radio station now. That was a nice touch.

If only we'd gotten to see VICKI!!!! this week, all would have been right with the world.

Pierce/Chang was weak as fuck (and Dean in the apartment was as well) but otherwise a pretty solid ep. Good to see Sewerage Joe branching out as a carnie.

I wanna know what Troy sent Britta too! It was a sweet ending.

Have we talked about how Alison Brie is in a band now? They're called The Girls and they're cuter than hell and holy shit:

Alison Brie singing in New York (2) - YouTube

Jesus. fucking. christ.

I disagree on Pierce/Chang & the Dean being at the apartment being weak, the first was a great throwaway side story and the second was a hilarious fish out of water thing. I loved how long it took them to start asking him why he was there despite having let him in, and the Dean's reactions were priceless. "Well, that's what I get for improvising"

I didn't expect it at all given the set up was about Britta's love life, but the Winger-speech really made me relate a lot to this episode, wow.

I love when Jeff & Shirley are together (though she completely disappeared at the end of the episode), and it's great that the writers even acknowledged how great they are together.

I've been rather against the hinted at pairing of Troy & Britta all along, but the exchanged looks at the end kind of changed my mind, that was adorable.

Also, "Annie take my phone, I'm locking myself in your room" :lol: I'll be really sad if they can't keep Chevy around, especially after Pierce has been so great this whole season.

Loved that clip of Alison on stage there. She's got that flirty thing down. And she has a nice voice, too. Is there anything she ISN'T good at, seriously?

I disagree on Pierce/Chang & the Dean being at the apartment being weak, the first was a great throwaway side story and the second was a hilarious fish out of water thing. I loved how long it took them to start asking him why he was there despite having let him in, and the Dean's reactions were priceless. "Well, that's what I get for improvising"

Agreed. Pelton's interaction with the gang is always entertaining. And I will never not love seeing what unusual outfits he parades around in at school.

I love when Jeff & Shirley are together (though she completely disappeared at the end of the episode), and it's great that the writers even acknowledged how great they are together.

YES. Let's have more of those two hanging out, please. They seem to bring out each other's personalities quite well. I was happy to see them together again. And I loved Jeff's intense investigation of the ex boyfriend-and he paid how much at the end of it all? A few hundred dollars :lol:?

Good point about Shirley disappearing at the end of the show-yeah. Where did she wander off to? To be with her family or something?

I've been rather against the hinted at pairing of Troy & Britta all along, but the exchanged looks at the end kind of changed my mind, that was adorable.

I personally have liked the idea of them kinda getting flirty with each other, but still, yep, loved that ending. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who's very curious about that text message (hi, cobl!). Will be very interesting to see how that pans out over time.

Also, "Annie take my phone, I'm locking myself in your room" :lol: I'll be really sad if they can't keep Chevy around, especially after Pierce has been so great this whole season.

I know. Please, Dan and Chevy, kiss and make up? Pretty please?

(If they don't, I feel a Winger speech coming on...)

Back
Top Bottom