Classic TV theme tunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some off the top of my head...they might not all be very "classic" but, yeah.

For some reason, one that really stands out as being a favorite is the Dandy Warhols' "We Used To Be Friends" as the theme for Veronica Mars. I thought it was just perfect. No YouTube video of the actual theme credit sequence can be found, though. :sad:

And, of course, Carole King's "Where You Lead." I've kind of gotten sick of the song itself because I've heard it so many goddamn times, but when I first started watching the theme song was one of the many, many reasons why I fell so very much in love with the show.

YouTube - Gilmore Girls Theme Song

Some themes from my childhood that should be mentioned just for the place they hold in the pop culture lexicon - X-Files (do weee do do weee do), Sesame St. (sunny days, chasin the clouds away!), Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, MacGyver (another kickass instrumental), Friends (you know all the words to this, don't lie), Saved By The Bell, etc. etc.

The X-Men cartoon theme song was amazing. The Welcome Back Kotter song is awesome. And then some shows I never even really watched like Mission: Impossible and the Star Treks had cool and very well-known theme musics.

I'm forgetting some.

I don't want to live in a world where Saved by the Bell is considered "classic" anything. :wink:

I'm bummed there's no version of the Buffy opening credits on YouTube. Just the music over various other clips. They always had a great opening credit sequence.

Also, if anyone can find the original, insane opening credits for Pee-wee's Playhouse, I'd be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom