Clash of the Titans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jive Turkey

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone else super stoked for this movie (and really hoping they dont fuck it up)? It was one of my favourite movies when I was a kid. Some of the teaser posters are just beginning to leak.

clashofthetitans9.jpg

clashofthetitans13.jpg

clashofthetitans11.jpg

clashofthetitans10.jpg

clashofthetitans12.jpg

clashofthetitans8.jpg

clashofthetitans14.jpg

clashofthetitans15.jpg

I wouldn't mind offering her up to the Kraken, if you get my meaning.

Looks interesting.

I saw the original with my father; it was a double feature with Raiders of the Lost Ark. A very good movie memory.

I'll agree that they do too many remakes, but c'mon. I'm all for a new Greek Mythology monster movie. I love Harryhausen, but I cant wait to see the new Kraken. Too many remakes or not, I'm excited

:hmm: I hadn't heard about this until now. I loved the original, too - I remember watching it in 8th grade English as part of our Greek mythology studies. I wonder, though, with all the advances in special effects if this might be one of the few remakes that turns out better than its original?

^ Heresy??? :reject: :lol:

Okay, this looks awesome. I remember liking the original when I was younger, but it's by no means a perfect film. If you're going to remake something, this is the way to go.

Plus, Liam Neeson as Zeus? Holy shit.

The special effects from the first one are awful

They're just dated. At the time they were pretty fucking amazing. I dont think theres a person working in the effects industry today who would call Harryhausen's work awful. The mans a legend

Fair enough. I do find them quite distracting though. I don't remember what I thought of them when I was young. I loved the movie, so I guess I was ok with it. But I'm a grown man now. And a man's got needs. And the original is just not fulfilling those needs any longer. I'm moving on. It's not you, it's me.

Fair enough. I do find them quite distracting though. I don't remember what I thought of them when I was young. I loved the movie, so I guess I was ok with it. But I'm a grown man now. And a man's got needs. And the original is just not fulfilling those needs any longer. I'm moving on. It's not you, it's me.

lol well, I found the DVD in a discount bin last year for $2, so I picked it up. Upon watching it again, while I did appreciate the effects for what they were, it was indeed a little underwhelming from what my memory had made it out to be. All the more reason for a kick ass remake

Fact: I will watch anything Ralph Fiennes is a part of. In fact, I think I'm only missing like 2 or 3 movies from his entire filmography. :hmm:

Hard to even call this a remake, right? These stories have been around for thousands and thousands of years. It probably won't bear any more resemblance to the 1981 film than it will to Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts.

I've only ever seen parts of the 1981 version, but I'm kinda a Greek history/mythology buff (oh yeah, those costumes are way off, bros) so I sort of can't wait for this to come out. Hope it's more re-watchable than 300.

I was kind of thumbs down when I saw this on Liam Neeson's IMDb page a while back, but I'm a lot more excited now, Greek Myth films ftw.

I will definitely see this...though out of loyalty to Harryhausen's original I will almost surely insist that it's a barrel of turds, even if it turns out to be an Oscar-worthy masterpiece. I'm hard-headed like that.

Hard to even call this a remake, right? These stories have been around for thousands and thousands of years. It probably won't bear any more resemblance to the 1981 film than it will to Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts.

The way I see it, if they're re-using the title, they're at least attempting to sell it off as a remake, so I'll consider it as such.

That was rather underwhelming :( Looks too much like fucking 300. Similar stupid music too. Why cant they just make a well crafted, classic style movie anymore? I am sad

Back
Top Bottom