Clash of the Titans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to admit, I just finished watching Clash of the Titans all the way through for the first time. Yes, if any movie ever truly needed to be remade, it's probably this. An amazing story with the most laughably bad CG ever (though I don't blame it for it one bit, the time period and all). But to remake it like this just seems one of the biggest atrocities. What happened to the epic fantasy film? Why now do they have to be this short shot heavy metal ZOMG fests that we've come to see with 300, Beowulf, etc.? It's not that fantasy films don't happen anymore (Lord of the Rings), but, if you're going to remake what was at its heart an epic quest film, this, or at least the trailer, looks like it's doing the original film a great injustice

I have to admit, I just finished watching Clash of the Titans all the way through for the first time. Yes, if any movie ever truly needed to be remade, it's probably this. An amazing story with the most laughably bad CG ever (though I don't blame it for it one bit, the time period and all). But to remake it like this just seems one of the biggest atrocities. What happened to the epic fantasy film? Why now do they have to be this short shot heavy metal ZOMG fests that we've come to see with 300, Beowulf, etc.? It's not that fantasy films don't happen anymore (Lord of the Rings), but, if you're going to remake what was at its heart an epic quest film, this, or at least the trailer, looks like it's doing the original film a great injustice

I'll assume by CG, you meant "claymation graphics" :wink:

That was rather underwhelming :( Looks too much like fucking 300. Similar stupid music too. Why cant they just make a well crafted, classic style movie anymore? I am sad

Slight hijack, but I really wanted to like 300, and I did like bits of it, but for fuck's sake all the choreographed stylistic fight scenes, it was like 300 on ice or something. If this is like that it will really suck.

Slight hijack, but I really wanted to like 300, and I did like bits of it, but for fuck's sake all the choreographed stylistic fight scenes, it was like 300 on ice or something. If this is like that it will really suck.

300 can be entertaining if you turn off your brain to the point of borderline retardation. I enjoy it for what it is, which is total fluff. The story is way too linear, but I guess thats what happens when you adapt so closely from a comic book of that nature. Some of the effects were horrible too though. Like the hunchback makeup. What the fuck was that?? it looked liked the dude was wearing a rubber mask. I assume the phrase "dont worry, we'll fix it in post" was thrown around quite a bit during the making of that film. Only they didnt fix it

Okay, this looks awesome. I remember liking the original when I was younger, but it's by no means a perfect film. If you're going to remake something, this is the way to go.

Plus, Liam Neeson as Zeus? Holy shit.

Agreed, and the trailer shows its scope is far bigger than I would have thought given a March release and the scope of Letterier's previous projects.

Watchmen got a March release after 300 was a huge hit, so here's Take 2, I guess.

March is the new May, yo.

OK, not really. But I'm glad studios are becoming more willing to spread out the love a bit more these days at least.

Hell, we got Taken in January and that did extremely well. Not flooding theaters with every major release that looks worthwhile in May/June/July and November/December could be a good idea.

Funny thing. Release movies that people might want to see in any time of the year and people will go see them. WHAT MAD IDEAS WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?

Funny thing. Release movies that people might want to see in any time of the year and people will go see them. WHAT MAD IDEAS WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?

We're at the start of a revolution.

Battleship... the movie... with aliens! Awwww hell nawwwww.

Did Shutter Island get pushed back until February or Summer? I have a feeling it would do pretty well in Febs.

I would go see that :ohmy: The werewolf firing the machine gun looks like the Coked Up Werewolf from Conan Obrien.

n1665090159_30109781_7768.jpg

Word is they're going back and adding more action sequences and possibly 3D, in January, so it could likely be pushed back. For once they're doing reshoots because WB was being conservative with the budget and now thinks it could have wider appeal, so they want to capitalize on that.

Ew.

Music is shit. And why do they have to have characters that look like the Immortals in 300? I was just hoping this would be as far away from that as possible, without getting into the bullshit fop Alexander/Troy zone.

Back
Top Bottom