Christopher Nolan's Best Movie ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

269er

The Fly
Saw this debate on Screen Junkies youtube channel. The did it in a bracket challenge with seedings. Just a refresher here is the list.

Interstellar 2014
The Dark Knight Rises 2012
Inception 2010
The Dark Knight 2008
The Prestige 2006
Batman Begins 2005
Insomnia 2002
Memento 2000
Following 1998

My favorite is The Prestige. In fact it is my favorite movie of all time. Not gonna put any spoilers in my description, but I love how the whole movie follows the script of Michael Caine's opening lines. The casting is great. Scarlet Johannson is OK, but the icing on the cake is David friggin' Bowie as Nicola Tesla. Nice to see Andy Serkis as a human too.

The Dark Knight did end up winning the screen junkies bracket over Inception (did not include Interstellar). Heath Ledger's performance really cements that movie in his legacy. Probably #2 in my list.

Inception is the one I find most visually creative, although the obnoxious exposition brings it down slightly.

Memento is probably the most entertaining film he's made from a narrative perspective. Great acting too. It's just a lot of fun to watch.

Would I like this prestige business? My interest is piqued.

Yes, a virgin. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself then report back. Don't read anything about it or look for spoilers.

Inception is the one I find most visually creative, although the obnoxious exposition brings it down slightly.

The snow fortress action chases went on too long. The hotel spinning hallway is iconic though. One of the best action sequences in movie history, made all the better by the fact it was filmed in a rotating tube without CGI.

Saw this debate on Screen Junkies youtube channel. The did it in a bracket challenge with seedings. Just a refresher here is the list.

Interstellar 2014
The Dark Knight Rises 2012
Inception 2010
The Dark Knight 2008
The Prestige 2006
Batman Begins 2005
Insomnia 2002
Memento 2000
Following 1998

My favorite is The Prestige. In fact it is my favorite movie of all time. Not gonna put any spoilers in my description, but I love how the whole movie follows the script of Michael Caine's opening lines. The casting is great. Scarlet Johannson is OK, but the icing on the cake is David friggin' Bowie as Nicola Tesla. Nice to see Andy Serkis as a human too.

The Dark Knight did end up winning the screen junkies bracket over Inception (did not include Interstellar). Heath Ledger's performance really cements that movie in his legacy. Probably #2 in my list.

I'm guessing your least favorite Nolan character is Lucius Fox?

pleased.gif

Memento > The Dark Knight> Batman Begins> Insomnia > Following > The Dark Knight Rises > Inception

Haven't seen The Prestige or the new one. If he had never made those Batman films, fanboys wouldn't give a shit about the guy, but he's talented nonetheless.

Dark Knight. Great script and the amazing performance from Ledger seal it.

Prestige follows closely, with Inception 3rd.
Memento.
Batman Begins, a good reboot of the comic book movies.

Insomnia, a remake but interesting to see R. Williams as a villain.

The Dark Knight Rises, definitely last.

Following, didn't see it.

Interstellar, a little early to call.

Dark Knight all day. One of the best movies that mankind has had the privilege of watching.
Dialogue is just phenomenal, amongst the best I've ever seen in a film.
Acting is also incredible. We could go on and on not just about how Ledger was, but also Oldman and Bale. Only problem with this film is I am not a fan of Maggie Ghylenhall. Kinda brings it down for me, but the rest of the cast more than makes up for it.
Action scenes are perfect. Perfect blend of intensity, psychological delusion, and acting.
This movie continues to blow me away every time I watch it and is Definitely in my top 5 favorite movies of all time; maybe even #1.

But yeah, Rises and Begins are also great and I could go on and on about those two. But The Prestige would be very close with those 3. Haven't seen it in a while, but absolutely brilliant plot and acting. Really had me wondering what was going to happens next. The ending was awesome.
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Is Interstellar any good?

Otherwise I love Inception but have to be in the mood to watch it. The Batman movie of course are great.

I very much liked Interstellar and can't stop thinking about it. I need to see it again. I think one's world view makes it what it is much like The Giver.

Prestige, Inception and the Batman movies are all great.

I should try Memento again. It came out when I was in twins under a year fog. ;)

My former boss, her son is a production manager in Hollywood and worked on Interstellar and won an award for it. But despite her raving about the movie and being told to watch the credits for her sons name (she's proud, I get it, I'd be too) I literally finally watched it last night. I liked it to a degree. The last 40 minutes were iffy. I don't think it's his best work, but it's up there.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom