Christian Bale Losses His Shit On The Set of Terminator (Audio Recording)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do get Bale's 2nd strike and you are out mentality on the set.

If the guy does not learn the first time, why will he learn the 2nd time?

And really, there never should have been no first time.

Mistakes happen. There's no need to belittle someone or start screaming like a mental patient. This is taken from the same week he was arrested for attacking his mother. Dude's got issues.

A mistake can happen, it should not happen

The same mistake a second time.

This is not pee wee baseball, every one gets a turn.

If this DP gets it wrong twice, he should be gone.

And if the Director can't take care of it, why would any actor want to work on a set with crew repeatedly walking on camera during a take.

And guess what, this has nothing to do with his mama.

A mistake can happen, it should not happen

The same mistake a second time.

This is not pee wee baseball, every one gets a turn.

If this DP gets it wrong twice, he should be gone.

And if the Director can't take care of it, why would any actor want to work on a set with crew repeatedly walking on camera during a take.

And guess what, this has nothing to do with his mama.
The great thing about making a film is there's always one more take. Not happy with that take? Fuck it. Roll camera. Let's do it again. Let's not bring production to a complete standstill by attacking the DP (the guy paid to bring the director's vision to life and make you look good) and creating a bad mood on set. One was a human error; the other was completely unprofessional.

much-ado-about-nothing-DVDcover.jpg

One was a human error; the other was completely unprofessional.

I guess you mean the first time he walked on camera it was human error
and the second time it was completely unprofessional.

So they should find a DP that does his job in a professional manner.

Don't just be sorry. THINK for one fucking second.

Great rant. I don't even care if it was necessary. Bale gets the job done, AND provides hilarity when the cameras aren't rolling.

it seems that such a mistake, and a rant, would never have happened had McG been doing his job to begin with.

the rant was excessive, especially the threats, and self-important, but it's not all that out-of-the-ordinary. it's a massive movie, millions are being spent, and though Bale was wasting everyone's time, you have to be on your toes if you're going to work in the big leagues like that.

hell, i do fucking cable TV and if a crew member who's job it is to know better walked into my shot twice in a row he or she would hear about it. and i'm nice! i don't yell at all!

so Bale is a bit of a dick, but he's got his priorities straight. McG needs to grow a pair.

belittling the guy in front of the cast and crew safe in the knowledge he ain't going to retaliate for fear of losing his job.

That's exactly what it comes down to. Frankly I see that as cowardice.

I'd confuse him and come right back at him with comedian Sean Cullen's English gangster skit -

[use cockney accent]"Here's what I'm going to do.....I'm going to pull out your eyes....put them in my pockets....and you can count my change. How do you like that? There's a lot of change in there, I don't think you're going to like it":lol:

The great thing about making a film is there's always one more take. Not happy with that take? Fuck it. Roll camera. Let's do it again. Let's not bring production to a complete standstill by attacking the DP (the guy paid to bring the director's vision to life and make you look good) and creating a bad mood on set. One was a human error; the other was completely unprofessional.
Time is money, keeping a set running costs a lot of it, if somebody isn't pulling their weight they shouldn't be there.

I bet Bale does all his scenes perfectly on the first take. :)

Branagh's next film, Hamlet, ALMOST made up for him having cast Keanu Reeves in this Shakespeare adaptations.

What was he THINKING?

I enjoyed the fact that everyone in that film ignored the fact that Keanu Reeves is white and Denzel Washington is black and had no problem with them being brothers.

I found Reeves' part hysterical. His expressions were priceless and his beard was fantastically weak.

I enjoyed the fact that everyone in that film ignored the fact that Keanu Reeves is white and Denzel Washington is black and had no problem with them being brothers.

I found Reeves' part hysterical. His expressions were priceless and his beard was fantastically weak.

One of my favorite quotes of all-time comes from Reeves being interviewed on the set of that movie:

"My character, Don John, is not content... he's a malcontent."

Fucking brilliant.

I have red hair and got the temper thing ALL the time! "ooooooooh...you're a red head...you have a temper" ugh...which, of course PISSED ME OFF! hahaha:D

Back
Top Bottom