Chastity bono to become a man...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Sonny and Cher’s daughter to become man
Posted: 04:03 PM ET
Chastity Bono, the daughter of the late Sonny Bono and Cher, is in the early stages of transitioning from female to male. Bono’s representative, Howard Bragman, told Showbiz Tonight:

“Yes, it’s true — Chaz, after many years of consideration, has made the courageous decision to honor his true identity.

He is proud of his decision and grateful for the support and respect that has already been shown by his loved ones. It is Chaz’s hope that his choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue, just as his ‘coming out’ did nearly 20 years ago.”

Bono is a well known author and gay rights advocate. We’ve reached out to Cher for a comment and when we hear back we will let you know what she has to say!

:ohmy:

Hmmm, all this time I thought her name was Memphis Eve. And her switching genders really throws a wrench into my plans.

If he/she is still in the early stages is it correct to refer to he/she as a "he" at this point as the story does?

It was her representative who referred to Chastity as "he". Just doing his P.R. job.

Hmm. Right you are. I think it's funny how transgender people tend to change their names to just some close permutation of their original name. Chastity to Chaz. Michael to Michelle. Jane to John. Alex to Alexis, etc. You're basically given a free pass to call yourself whatever you want, aren't you? Why not go wild.

Hmm. Right you are. I think it's funny how transgender people tend to change their names to just some close permutation of their original name. Chastity to Chaz. Michael to Michelle. Jane to John. Alex to Alexis, etc. You're basically given a free pass to call yourself whatever you want, aren't you? Why not go wild.

Or Wachowski.

Wacky guess says that "he" has been called Chaz for years. :wink:

I don't know many girls who go by Chaz.

Right, but we're not talking about your average everyday girl. We're talking about a girl who has wanted to be a man her whole life. Plus, Chaz can easily be a nickname for Chastity. How many girls do you know who are named Chastity? :wink:

she used to be a man

roger_ebert_film_festival_to_feature_overlooked_mo_424x277.jpg

I caught this news today and it's weirded me out a little bit. I'm sure some idiot media twit will make mention of Bono in connection to this too. Any bets as to how long it takes for that to happen?

But hasn't the "how do you say Bono, isn't it like Sonny Bono" joke died a million painful deaths?

The only people I hear making that lame-ass reference anymore are posters on this site.

Back
Top Bottom