Charlie Sheen....what the hell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank's Peef. So it would be like adding a keyword to a thread, then? Just to make it easier for people to find tweets on the topic?

Basically. "Trending Topics" on Twitter are often based on those hashtags, so that's certainly a purpose it serves. It's topical for some and can be used for humor for others. If you were bitching about a sports team, you might throw a #phillies at the end of the post to indicate the subject matter for searches.

Then there's someone I follow who throws #swag at the end of any post where she accomplished something, so ... that happened, I guess.

I don't get/like twitter.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. I had mine protected for a while because of my tendency to tweet drunk. But then you have a very limited number of people who read the awesome shit you say. Now I've cleaned my page up and unprotected it, kind of as a test run. People use it for a lot of different things. Some just for humor. Some like an AIM away message. Some like a status update for Facebook. And some to talk sports and shit like that. I have friends on Twitter who have tens of thousands of tweets that are all reactions to sporting events that are happening.

Basically the reason I don't use it is what you just said, there's no one to read what I'd say. Plus I don't like the layout, and the "tweets" are often really messy to read, esp in groups, with the @s and vias and the #s and so on.

It's good for celebrities and artists and sports people though.

165464d1299294311-funny-strange-random-pics-sexgp.jpg

That's pure gold.
I doubt we hear from Rog on the subject again.

cobl04 said:
there's no one to read what I'd say.

You'd be surprised. Eventually you start gaining some semblance of a following, start getting RTs and @ replies, and then you're hooked. I use mine mostly for testing out jokes, so getting replies and RTs on those lets me know what works and what doesn't.

Twitter is awesome, and I completely agree with Peefeater on Chaz Sheen's innovative employment of the real life hashish.

I've posted less than 10 tweets in the almost-year I've been on there, and every once in a while I'll get an email saying that some random person is following me.

Why???

I've posted less than 10 tweets in the almost-year I've been on there, and every once in a while I'll get an email saying that some random person is following me.

Why???
I get quite a few spammers who follow me for two days and then bail when I don't click their links.

I dont understand what the # things are all about

It's like keywords. Also can come up in searches on twitter. Like if enough people typed #winning at the end of their tweets it would then become a 'trending topic'.

*edit didnt see the replies above

If you have sattelite radio, SiriusXM started a Tiger Blood Radio station devoted to all things Charlie Sheen.

Our Vatican Assassin demigod is doing a show of his own on ustream tonight too.

I can't get over how big his right nostril is.

#servalblood

Its one of those Darwinian evolutions, you know when animals develop a certain way to adapt to their surroundings and survive better...when you're the CharlieSheenwinningtigerblood species and to survive you have to bang 7 gram rocks of cocaine, your body evolves and gives you huge nostrils.

Back
Top Bottom