Charlie Sheen....what the hell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm happy to see I'm not the only one!

The one about Jon Cryer was great. Alas, poor Duckie.
That's what I was thinking. And Jon Cryer's won an Emmy for Two And A Half Men and been nominated four other times in eight years on the show.

Also, I'm surprised Martin Sheen hasn't spoken out about his son, either supporting him or urging him to get help. Maybe he's just not being public about it.

Either his family is just doing a very good job staying out of the media with whatever they're doing, or they've given up on trying to help him and are going the tough love route.

Either way, I feel for them.

Also, I'm surprised Martin Sheen hasn't spoken out about his son, either supporting him or urging him to get help. Maybe he's just not being public about it.
He did an interview last week, actually. He said he thinks addiction is like cancer and that Charlie needs to treat it as intensely as people treat cancer.

He did an interview last week, actually. He said he thinks addiction is like cancer and that Charlie needs to treat it as intensely as people treat cancer.

The fact that this interview was either largely ignored or quickly forgotten is sad.

I'm just going to put this out there because something about all this doesn't feel right. I'm a cynic. And as a cynic, I have this suspicion that Sheen knows exactly what he's doing. He's completely lucid and is just trying to get all the attention he can get. Does he have a drug problem? Perhaps. Does he have some sort of narcissistic personality disorder? Seems that way. Is he melting down right in front of our very eyes? I have my doubts, and all of this, including the Twitter account and subsequent tweets, is his way of garnering attention and tapping into our celebrity-obsessed culture. Or it's something else I haven't figured out yet.

I'm just going to put this out there because something about all this doesn't feel right. I'm a cynic. And as a cynic, I have this suspicion that Sheen knows exactly what he's doing. He's completely lucid and is just trying to get all the attention he can get. Does he have a drug problem? Perhaps. Does he have some sort of narcissistic personality disorder? Seems that way. Is he melting down right in front of our very eyes? I have my doubts, and all of this, including the Twitter account and subsequent tweets, is his way of garnering attention and tapping into our celebrity-obsessed culture. Or it's something else I haven't figured out yet.

i agree with this....one hell of a publicity stunt and in the end he gets more attention and probably more money. It works because if his show does come back on tv everyone will want to watch out of random curiousity.

I'd be surprised if he didn't get a cameo in the Hangover sequel.

He doesn't look insane when he's saying these things. He looks totally self-aware.

He does look like shit though. I just take him at face value: He has fully embraced his rock star life style and is making the most of it, but he knows what he's doing

This x1000

I dunno. If Galafanakis nixed Mel Gibson due to his issues, he would hopefully also nix Sheen due to his history of violence against women.

What about his kids? Shouldn't he pretend he's a good person for their sake? He is kind of supposed to be a role model for them.

250524513.jpg

"Winning..!
Choose your Vice..."

250596769.jpg

"Winner..! 2012..."

250650783.jpg

"The only watch that keeps Warlock time - Class of 1927 ring "Bambino U"
#winning"

250938712.jpg

"Still Winning..! Pong!
#winning
#tigerblood"

251027727.jpg

"Get'm while they're hot..!
#charliedog
#tigerblood"

251033141.jpg

"Yeah man... This works!
#charliedog
#tigerblood"

:coocoo:

Tiger blood...he's like Mike Tyson minus the scary.

250524513.jpg

"Winning..!
Choose your Vice..."

250596769.jpg

"Winner..! 2012..."

250650783.jpg

#winning"

250938712.jpg

"Still Winning..! Pong!
#winning
#tigerblood"

251027727.jpg

#charliedog
#tigerblood"

251033141.jpg

"Yeah man... This works!
#charliedog
#tigerblood"

Did anybody do the obvious and right-click-save these gems?

Cause they're all broken now..

250524513.jpg

"Winning..!
Choose your Vice..."

250596769.jpg

"Winner..! 2012..."

250650783.jpg

#winning"

250938712.jpg

"Still Winning..! Pong!
#winning
#tigerblood"

251027727.jpg

#charliedog
#tigerblood"

251033141.jpg

"Yeah man... This works!
#charliedog
#tigerblood"

There are pics with the last two that make them make sense. I actually think he's kinda awesome right now. for real.

Charlie Sheen's actually an innovator with that: he's the first person I've seen employ the hashtag (#) in actual conversation. You know how he finishes sentences by just going "Winning!" That's sort of the hashtag's purpose. It's to summarize what you've been talking about or to connect to another subject.

Think about if Laz made a joke about a woman in the Hottest Chick thread. On Twitter, he'd end it with #tooeasy. Or if GAF made ... well, any post and ended it with #drunk. That's sort of the idea. It resembles a non-sequitur occasionally, but it usually should be somewhat apparent what is meant.

My most recent tweet that related: "Gambino is trending. That's pretty badass. #getlikeme" Get Like Me is a song by Childish Gambino, and also vaguely relates in sentiment to Gambino being a badass.

But Charlie Sheen has actually put it into conversation. I swear, the transcript of that interview should read: "Come Thursday morning they're going to name it Charlie Brothers and not Warner Brothers. Duh! #winning" That's how it should read, because it's the only way to express the sentiment he's trying to get across.

Back
Top Bottom