Can't believe I paid $9 for . . . Worst movie you saw in 2010.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Move in Mysterious Ways

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What's the most thoroughly loathesome film you saw this year?

I didn't see as many movies as I usually do, and while there most certainly were much worse films released this year, the one that pissed me off the most was The A Team. Any time I see a movie where it looks like the actors are having 10 times more fun than I am, I find it hard to keep watching. I could go on and on about the miserable acting, terrible script and Neeson's embarassing wig. But the thing I HATED the most was that the editing looked like it was done by someone going through some pretty serious heroin withdrawal. I've never seen such a huge production so frantically edited to the point where even the on-screen action was complete nonsense.

I hear "mess" as an overused term for describing subpar films, but in this instance, it's the nicest thing I can think of to say about The A Team.

I think I only saw about 4 or 5 movies at best, but among them was Piranha 3D. Terrible movie. Stupid ending. It was only slightly redeemed by Christopher Lloyd and just the overall gruesome-ness of it. My friends and I pretty much laughed through the whole thing.

Splice - it wasn't awful, but not worth the $9. the whole sex scene was quite disturbing as well.

i probably ended up paying 9 bucks to see hot tub time machine. because even though i got it out of the red box vending machine, it sat in my car at least a week before i remembered to turn it in. that movie sucked ass.

sherlock holmes was the only thing i went to see in theaters, and i'm not 100% sure if that was january or last year's december at this point.

The Other Guys with Will Ferrell that was one of the stupidest movies ever made. The husband loved it but for me all it did was reaffirm why I refuse to see any movie with Will Ferrell in it. Even Mark Whalberg who is a decent actor couldn't save this one.

I didn't see any movies I hated in the theater. I'm sure I saw a few clunkers via Netflix, but nothing I felt like I wasted money on, since Netflix is still worth my $20 a month, despite a few bad ones in the bunch. :wink:

Any bad movies I watched were Netflix rentals or streams, but in that case I either turned them off or I was watching and laughing at how bad they were with friends. I enjoyed all the movies I saw in theaters this year.

Also, The Other Guys was the first time I laughed at Will Ferrell in a movie since Zoolander, it was perfectly entertaining as part of a drive-in double feature.

I'd have to think about it.

But Jesus, $9 movies, that's a dream from about 20 years ago. Try $14. Or $17 for IMAX.

My dad paid for The A-Team, so I guess that doesn't count. I saw Youth in Revolt at a free screening.

I think The Wolfman may win out, but I'd call that film more problematic and unfulfilling and could've been good than an out-and-out disaster.

Worst worst? Skyline. But it had enough unintentional truly hysterical Lovely Bones-level laughs, I can't say I enjoyed it least this year. That would probably be the fucking asinine John-Woo co-directed Reign of Assassins, which was just such a terrible disappointment.

I forgot you went and saw Skyline. Though it seems based on WOM that it will endure as a cult b-movie to laugh at for years to come.

I can't really think of anything bad I saw this year, but that was because I barely got out to the theaters this year.

Ok, I just remembered, I did pay to see the nightmare remake in theaters, but there was no way I wasn't going to see that, even if I did know it was going to be shit.

I need a raised-eyebrow emoticon for my response. I'm probably as resistant to using acronyms (other than U2 titles here) as anyone, but atm came from when I was posting quickly on a touch screen and WOM comes from spending quite awhile discussing box office, second-nature. My apologies kind sire.

It's fine, I'm just giving you shit.

Acronyms bother me because it usually takes longer to figure out what they mean than it would to type the full phrase, outside of a few commonly known ones.

Back
Top Bottom