Can't believe I paid $9 for . . . Worst movie you saw in 2010. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:08 PM
Really? If you don't know what you're going to see ahead of time, how the hell do you know what time to get there?

Or is that a rhetorical question in response to people apparently willingly seeing shitty movies?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #47
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:08 PM
I've seen it happen a lot this year while in line for a movie. I know what I want to get there to see, while a couple of others walk up to a theater, see what's playing, then decide. I'm wondering if there's a direct correlation between that and seeing absolute shit.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #48
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:08 PM
It's Complicated was terrible
Old 12-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor

Ha.

I know people do it, I just thought that was a poor idea. I guess you just show up around a time you think stuff is starting ... and if there's only one thing starting at that time, that's what you see? I don't get it.

I guess it's more about people going to see a movie just for the sake of going to see a movie, as opposed to going to see a movie you actually want to see.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlingamy View Post
was MADE to see Little Fockers. I want my $14 back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
$14 for Little Fockers? I would only see that as a free sneak in, and even then..

I saw How Do You Know as a free sneak in and it was still too expensive. It was awful, and you would never know that Reese Witherspoon had won an Oscar. Paul Rudd is so damn cute though. Nicholson was just there for a payday-his performance was cringeworthy.
These two posts make me sad. I was hoping Little Fockers might work out in some strange way. And my cousin was adament about us going to see How Do You Know, but I guess I might back out of that one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
I've seen it happen a lot this year while in line for a movie. I know what I want to get there to see, while a couple of others walk up to a theater, see what's playing, then decide. I'm wondering if there's a direct correlation between that and seeing absolute shit.
It's something I've begun to do far more recently. Especially if I'm already out and my phone's being buggy.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
It's something I've begun to do far more recently. Especially if I'm already out and my phone's being buggy.
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but ... does it work?

When you get to the theater, are you usually able to catch something that's starting soon after you get there? Or do you get there and find out that nothing's starting until like an hour later?
Old 12-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but ... does it work?

When you get to the theater, are you usually able to catch something that's starting soon after you get there? Or do you get there and find out that nothing's starting until like an hour later?
No, not always. Especially because we'd tend to do it late at night, so it was the last showing's that would matter, and half of them would already have started. That's how I ended up seeing Clash of the Titans at midnight.

But, the couple of times I've gone earlier in the afternoon, If something I wanted to see wasn't playing til later, I was in a pretty big city, so I could find a way to kill time til the film started.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I guess it's more about people going to see a movie just for the sake of going to see a movie, as opposed to going to see a movie you actually want to see.

I do both. I'm not a movie snob and even though I know about the movies that are out sometimes I just want to get out. I get theater gift cards quite a bit so often I'm not paying-and in my theater you can easily get a freebie after you pay for one. Even though of course you're not supposed to do that .

Sometimes I don't care all that much for movies that other people and critics rave about, so it evens out in that way.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:08 PM
I always decide ahead of time what movie I want to see before I go to the theater