Can't believe I paid $9 for . . . Worst movie you saw in 2010.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guilty pleasure's a phrase that I will never buy into. If you like it, own up to it, judgment be damned.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I can't beleive you only paid
$9 to see these so designated clunkers!

Here in NYC usually it's now 12$ for viewing! :sad: And now that often does not include IMAX.

Though in some theaters you can get ? $9 for first show of the day often before noon, and sometimes later.

And sometimes in some theaters in the outer burroughs {Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx/Staten Island} it is $9 all the time! :D

:wink:

and since I go to very few novies (there a are few things further up the list of things I want to do/get than many movies); I'm very careful about what I pick. I don't remember the last real clunker I ever saw, even if occasionally I've been somewhat disappointed in some sections of a movie in a theater.
I love the going to a movie in the theater expeince itself.

I am ever so glad my friends decided they didn't want to go see SatC 2. I'm still not even sure I want to see it on DVD.

$14 for Little Fockers? I would only see that as a free sneak in, and even then..

I saw How Do You Know as a free sneak in and it was still too expensive. It was awful, and you would never know that Reese Witherspoon had won an Oscar. Paul Rudd is so damn cute though. Nicholson was just there for a payday-his performance was cringeworthy.

Question for anyone here, do you generally know what movie you want to see before you go to a theater, or do you show up and decide then?

Really? If you don't know what you're going to see ahead of time, how the hell do you know what time to get there?

Or is that a rhetorical question in response to people apparently willingly seeing shitty movies?

I've seen it happen a lot this year while in line for a movie. I know what I want to get there to see, while a couple of others walk up to a theater, see what's playing, then decide. I'm wondering if there's a direct correlation between that and seeing absolute shit.

Ha.

I know people do it, I just thought that was a poor idea. I guess you just show up around a time you think stuff is starting ... and if there's only one thing starting at that time, that's what you see? I don't get it.

I guess it's more about people going to see a movie just for the sake of going to see a movie, as opposed to going to see a movie you actually want to see.

was MADE to see Little Fockers. I want my $14 back!

$14 for Little Fockers? I would only see that as a free sneak in, and even then..

I saw How Do You Know as a free sneak in and it was still too expensive. It was awful, and you would never know that Reese Witherspoon had won an Oscar. Paul Rudd is so damn cute though. Nicholson was just there for a payday-his performance was cringeworthy.

These two posts make me sad. I was hoping Little Fockers might work out in some strange way. And my cousin was adament about us going to see How Do You Know, but I guess I might back out of that one as well.

I've seen it happen a lot this year while in line for a movie. I know what I want to get there to see, while a couple of others walk up to a theater, see what's playing, then decide. I'm wondering if there's a direct correlation between that and seeing absolute shit.

It's something I've begun to do far more recently. Especially if I'm already out and my phone's being buggy.

It's something I've begun to do far more recently. Especially if I'm already out and my phone's being buggy.

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but ... does it work? :lol:

When you get to the theater, are you usually able to catch something that's starting soon after you get there? Or do you get there and find out that nothing's starting until like an hour later?

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but ... does it work? :lol:

When you get to the theater, are you usually able to catch something that's starting soon after you get there? Or do you get there and find out that nothing's starting until like an hour later?

No, not always. Especially because we'd tend to do it late at night, so it was the last showing's that would matter, and half of them would already have started. That's how I ended up seeing Clash of the Titans at midnight.

But, the couple of times I've gone earlier in the afternoon, If something I wanted to see wasn't playing til later, I was in a pretty big city, so I could find a way to kill time til the film started.

I guess it's more about people going to see a movie just for the sake of going to see a movie, as opposed to going to see a movie you actually want to see.

I do both. I'm not a movie snob and even though I know about the movies that are out sometimes I just want to get out. I get theater gift cards quite a bit so often I'm not paying-and in my theater you can easily get a freebie after you pay for one. Even though of course you're not supposed to do that :shifty:.

Sometimes I don't care all that much for movies that other people and critics rave about, so it evens out in that way.

Back
Top Bottom